Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Playoffs - Geaux CP3

Man what id give for the clips to go down 2-0 tonight.

Memphis is a dark horse to rep the west in the finals. They are a very good playoff type team.

The west is going to beat the hell out of each other. Exciting games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Memphis is a dark horse to rep the west in the finals. They are a very good playoff type team.
    Let's not get carried away, man

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Let's not get carried away, man
    What u mean? They absolutely are. They are built for the playoffs. Just wait n see. You see how close they came last year.

Very underwhelming game to follow behind that great OKC/mem game.

Game over...Hilton Armstrong is on the court.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

What u mean? They absolutely are. They are built for the playoffs. Just wait n see. You see how close they came last year.
    I saw them get absolutely dismantled by the Spurs last year and that gap's only gotten bigger

Geez I didn't know Hilton Armstrong was even in the league let alone on a playoff team. I remember hating him even as an apathetic 12-year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I saw them get absolutely dismantled by the Spurs last year and that gap's only gotten bigger
    In the conference finals...no?? 1 series away from the reppin the west. So, it's not like what I said is unimaginable. I think they are more experienced and even better this year. We will find out. Are they the favorite? No. Will they more than likely make it to the finals? No. They have a better chance than the other 4-8 seeds? Absolutely. They take out okc and id bet they make it to the conference finals, yet again. I just don't see the rockets, clippers, Mavs, warriors, or blazers making to the conference finals. If okc gets past Memphis I'm confident they will play the spurs in the conference finals.

Well done Memphis!!!

The Clippers flexed their muscles:
    Clippers 138
    Warriors 98
    WoW

Tony Allen's defense on KD last night

Toronto's crowds putting everyone else's to shame.. They have had 10,000 people watching on a big screen outside of the stadium for both games!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Toronto's crowds putting everyone else's to shame.. They have had 10,000 people watching on a big screen outside of the stadium for both games!
    Toronto has 6+ million population. Lol

Chicago is the perfect example that having an awesome coach does not outweigh talent. All the systems and coaching in the world can't trump talent. Don't get me wrong, coaching and system is a big part of success but talent is the key. The Bulls let a lot of talent go and then the MVP goes down. Now they can't get a bucket. There is no scheme to fix that. Say what you will about great coaches and their systems but they all had one thing in common....Talent.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Chicago is the perfect example that having an awesome coach does not outweigh talent. All the systems and coaching in the world can't trump talent. Don't get me wrong, coaching and system is a big part of success but talent is the key. The Bulls let a lot of talent go and then the MVP goes down. Now they can't get a bucket. There is no scheme to fix that. Say what you will about great coaches and their systems but they all had one thing in common....Talent.
    I mostly agree, but saying that after the first 2 games. I ask u this. Were u ready to say the opposite if Chicago was up 2-0?? I doubt it. So, let's see how this series plays out cause i don't think we've heard the last from Chicago.

I mostly agree, but saying that after the first 2 games. I ask u this. Were u ready to say the opposite if Chicago was up 2-0?? I doubt it. So, let's see how this series plays out cause i don't think we've heard the last from Chicago.
    I'm always a believer of this. I believe that good coaching can get you to the playoffs but talent will eventually win out. I'm not just saying this because of the series. Well I guess that I am but the point stands. You need above average talent to win no matter how genius the coach is. I don't think any coach could win with that Bulls team as it's constructed today. Its a team full of B & C players.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I'm always a believer of this. I believe that good coaching can get you to the playoffs but talent will eventually win out. I'm not just saying this because of the series. Well I guess that I am but the point stands. You need above average talent to win no matter how genius the coach is. I don't think any coach could win with that Bulls team as it's constructed today. Its a team full of B & C players.
    Yea I agree. For thibodeaux to even get them where they are after all of the subtractions for their roster is impressive to me tho. Washington will give any team fits in a 7 game series too. The playoffs will be pretty interesting this year. I'm hoping a dark horse can pull through in the east. Jimmy butler is a dam machine tho. Playing 50+ min is just ridiculous. Lol

Chicago was incredibly overrated heading into these playoffs.. They easily have the least talented roster of any playoff team.

Yea I agree. For thibodeaux to even get them where they are after all of the subtractions for their roster is impressive to me tho. Washington will give any team fits in a 7 game series too. The playoffs will be pretty interesting this year. I'm hoping a dark horse can pull through in the east. Jimmy butler is a dam machine tho. Playing 50+ min is just ridiculous. Lol
    Absolutely. I agree with this entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Chicago was incredibly overrated heading into these playoffs.. They easily have the least talented roster of any playoff team.
    exactly the point that I was making

I can't believe that people on this forum actually think that Lillard and LA are overrated.

LA is going for 46 again looks like

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Can't wait till AD's game gets on that level. He's almost there. But he isn't hitting turnarounds.

Yet.

Say it with me people. Mid range game.

Thread Information