Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Larry Sanders?

Larry Sanders?

If the Bucks draft Embiid that would make Sanders even more available than he already is. Sanders fell out of graces with Milwaukee last year with his off the court issues. I've read some posts from Bucks fans in their forums and they are saying Sanders value is at an all time low. Well that's perfect we also have a player who's value is at an all time low.

Gordon for Sanders makes sense for both sides. Sanders just signed a 4 year $44 million contract that begins next season. Gordon is owed $28 million over the next 2 years. This trade saves the bucks $16 million and if Gordon opts out it would save them $30 million. That's their incentive to do the deal, especially if they draft Embiid and have Sanders coming off the bench.

For us, we get our center to pair with AD. He defends, block shots, hustles, rebounds and isn't a complete liability on offense. It's a perfect fit, him and AD would be devastating on defense they both cover a lot of space quickly and crash the boards. Oh and not to mention we rid ourselves of Gordon.

I think the bucks could likely get more value back than that for Sanders.
    The price tag is a little high, but the worst case is you get a guy who defends and rebounds ok for 25 min a game and would see the court just not enough to let Anderson and Davis play together. Best case you create the best defensive team in the league. So... yea I'd do it.

Why do people think Sanders is a C but say AD isn't? There's less than 10lbs difference between them. I whole heartily believe AD will weigh more than Sanders in another 2 years if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why do people think Sanders is a C but say AD isn't? There's less than 10lbs difference between them. I whole heartily believe AD will weigh more than Sanders in another 2 years if that.
    there are other factors, weight distribution and center of gravity play a big factor. AD has a very high center of gravity. I still think AD will eventually be able to play center he's only 21. But his finesse approach to basketball (he wants to be Dirk/Durant on offense) worries me a little.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Post Defense & Strength would be the 2 things that come to mind.

In a span of 3 months, he got in a bar fight and broke his hand, tested positive for weed and also was active in advocating for its legalization (so I dont think he will stop using anytime soon), and then had charges of animal cruelty brought up against him.

That is before I even get to how few games he played this season, his sizeable contract, and his lack of offensive productivity.

So, I think you can see how I would feel about acquiring him. But it doesnt even matter about me - If Dell and Monty want character guys, how could we possibly even think this will be a guy they could pursue?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    there are other factors, weight distribution and center of gravity play a big factor. AD has a very high center of gravity. I still think AD will eventually be able to play center he's only 21. But his finesse approach to basketball (he wants to be Dirk/Durant on offense) worries me a little.
    Why does that worry you? I think that's what makes Davis so unguardable. He doesn't have the strength to bang right now. Can you imagine when he does tho. You have a big with strength to move around down low or change it up and go finesse on you? OMG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I always thought he was overrated very overpaid, and from what I am hearing from the board he is a headcase. This is the last player I would want on my team, and Gordon is on a shorter contract. Don't trade Gordon just to trade him; find a deal that can at least be somewhat beneficial.

I thought Sanders was on the "don't touch with a 10-foot pole" list?

Remember guys whether he plays for 82 games, or in jail for 3 years... his contract is guaranteed, and goes against your salary cap.

He may very well be a head case but we have seen countless times that a change of scenery helps. Not to mention, if I was stuck in Milwaukee I would probably be a head case too. Doesn't seem like a great place. Granted if he really is a headcase. New orleans is probably the last place he should come haha

Change of scenery helps if you have the infrastructure to support it. I highly, highly doubt we're classified in that group.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

His only history of trouble came this year and now he's a head case? I seen the footage of the bar fight, he got jumped by like 10 guys, he's within his rights to defend his self. I can't really explain the marijuana besides he stood up for something he believes in. Which a lot of people share his views on that subject. It's weed not cocaine. Every collegiate or pro athlete I've ever hung out with smoked weed. Some get caught, most don't.

The confrontation with Monta Ellis in the playoffs last year make him a head case? Cause Monta took offense to him telling the team they need to play together and not worry about next year. Kobe Bryant said "if you're scared to confront your teammates don't be surprised when you lose to someone who isn't"

Anyways, what matters is this guy was a stud a year ago. He blocks shot, rebound and defend. He reminds me of a poor man's Dennis Rodman (even look like him lol). He's a tough guy that we need on this team full of nice guys.

Edit: here's an article about NBA players using marijuana. http://marijuana.com/news/2013/10/th...r-stoner-team/
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 05-22-2014 at 06:01 PM.

If you want someone, you find ways to justify the problems. I get that. But it was one red flag after another last year. And the guy already has been suspended due to a failed drug test. If he keeps using, the number of games just keep going up. Think Josh Gordon.

I am all for trying to see if a change of scenery works, but you usually do that when the guy comes cheap and for very few years (ideally 1 yr).

You dont gamble on a guy with this many red flags when it is 4 guaranteed years at 11 mil per. There are much safer bets out there. Too risky IMO.

First post is about how available he already is: then addresses how much more he will become if they draft embiid. Then goes in to defend him as a head case .. So why I someone this talented available in the first place if he's so innocent ? Me no understand.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    First post is about how available he already is: then addresses how much more he will become if they draft embiid. Then goes in to defend him as a head case .. So why I someone this talented available in the first place if he's so innocent ? Me no understand.
    I mean could be plenty of reasons he is available. Good players do get traded to. I mean look at Ryno, nene. Could be to move on from his contract. Could be new management and he doesn't fit into the future. Could be that the team is tired of his shenanigans. I mean if they get Embiid and see him as their future. Why not move on from Sanders and try and get pieces that help build towards that future.

I'm not advocating we go hard after him. I mean if we get the Larry sanders that was dpoy candidate and took his bucks to the playoffs then sign me up, but you don't know who you are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    I mean could be plenty of reasons he is available. Good players do get traded to. I mean look at Ryno, nene. Could be to move on from his contract. Could be new management and he doesn't fit into the future. Could be that the team is tired of his shenanigans. I mean if they get Embiid and see him as their future. Why not move on from Sanders and try and get pieces that help build towards that future.

We know exactly why with him. Let's not play games here. He gets a max from the Bucks who are enamored with him. A year later and a few incidents later he can be had. If you want to continue to believe he's an angel that's fine. As for me, where there's smoke..

We know exactly why with him. Let's not play games here. He gets a max from the Bucks who are enamored with him. A year later and a few incidents later he can be had. If you want to continue to believe he's an angel that's fine. As for me, where there's smoke..
    Never said the dude is an angel. I even said New orleans might be one of the worst places for him. But we also can't act like players can't change. Look at zbo, meta world peace, Monta ellis, kg at one point, blatche, even demarcus cousins has made improvements

Never said the dude is an angel. I even said New orleans might be one of the worst places for him. But we also can't act like players can't change. Look at zbo, meta world peace, Monta ellis, kg at one point, blatche, even demarcus cousins has made improvements

Oh I'm not saying they can't either. I'm saying I don't think the pelicans have that infrastructure for us to consider guys that even have alleged red flags. I don't think Sanders is done deviant by any means

I doubt any of those players moved teams with 4 years/44m still remaining on their contracts. Way too risky.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

he may change but we don't need to nor should we take that chance. don't se the rewards outweighing the risks.

Oh I'm not saying they can't either. I'm saying I don't think the pelicans have that infrastructure for us to consider guys that even have alleged red flags. I don't think Sanders is done deviant by any means
    Yarp. Would need tough leadership and/or winning culture. We have neither yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I'd rather give Monroe 4/44$.

Change of scenery helps if you have the infrastructure to support it. I highly, highly doubt we're classified in that group.
    Sanders seemed to go off the rails when he lost that infrastructure. Practically overnight he became the face of the franchise when Jennings and Ellis left, and he didn't seem to deal with that well. I think we have a lot more structure in place than you may think. This isn't Michael Beasley we're talking about, a team full of positive influences where he just has to follow rather than lead may be as helpful to him as having a veteran star getting in his face. But I still think there are too many other options to take on the risk, especially if you have to take back Mayo.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Cavs take Embiid, and the Bucks take either Wiggins or Parker. At that point, Antetokoumpo should be available because both are true SFs.

Antetokoumpo for Rivers and PJack? I'd hate to lose Rivers, but they need backcourt depth, and these young guys would be perfect for them.

Thread Information