Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Playoffs - Geaux CP3

Koufas costs more than Withey and is always dead on offense. Save the cash and the asset (PJax).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We have a big that weighs 260, is an above average rebounder, and who isn't dead on offense?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Withey will put weight on and I am pretty confident he can get to 250-260. He looks very promising moving forward. I've been saying this about him since we drafted him. Give him time. Remember we had this convo back on last day of FA and you were calling for Tyler zeller and thought it was funny that I said withey can be our answer moving forward at center. I'd say he's doing just fine so far. Just needs to add some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Koufos is dead on offense.
    Based off one playoff game? Lol. He has a career 53% FG. A career 65% from 0-3ft. That's almost 9% higher than Withey. While having 10% higher DRB and 6% higher TRB %. Even if you looked at Witheys per36 Koufos has him bear by nearly 4 rebounds and 4 points.

I'm not saying we should give the guy a max or anything. But for PJax and scraps? Heck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Koufas costs more than Withey and is always dead on offense. Save the cash and the asset (PJax).
    Exactly. There are not the big body centers as there were back in the day. The game has changed drastically. I can only think of 1-2 that need to be accounted for and thats Howard and gasol. We don't need to get a guy just cause he he weighs 260+. Cause honestly I think that's all he'd be adding is the big body. Could we use him? Yea, but not for the sake of giving up assets,

Based off one playoff game? Lol. He has a career 53% FG. A career 65% from 0-3ft. That's almost 9% higher than Withey. While having 10% higher DRB and 6% higher TRB %. Even if you looked at Witheys per36 Koufos has him bear by nearly 4 rebounds and 4 points.

I'm not saying we should give the guy a max or anything. But for PJax and scraps? Heck yeah.

Ok first of all a guys fg% doesn't prove whether he is any good on offense or not. Especially when he hardly is used on that side of the ball. Also, withey is a rookie. He's not exactly blowing him out of the water for having 5 more years of nba experience. I know withey is older for being a rookie but he's still just that. Also, per36 is not a viable stat to compare these 2. Neither of them are viable candidates for the per36 stat. Koufos on his career doesn't even average half of that 36. So, it's meaningless.

Withey will put weight on and I am pretty confident he can get to 250-260. He looks very promising moving forward. I've been saying this about him since we drafted him. Give him time. Remember we had this convo back on last day of FA and you were calling for Tyler zeller and thought it was funny that I said withey can be our answer moving forward at center. I'd say he's doing just fine so far. Just needs to add some weight.
    I think people are confused. I like Withey a lot. My wanting Koufos has nothing to do with Withey. He fills a void on our team for cheap.

He has 25-30 pounds on Withey, is less than 1 yr older, and is more efficient around the basket and rebounding. I view him as a cheap upgrade. Maybe one day in 2 years or more Withey is that player, but if given the chance I take the guy now if I can get him for cheap.

Honestly I'd rather move Ajinca and still develop Withey while having Koufos.

I think people are confused. I like Withey a lot. My wanting Koufos has nothing to do with Withey. He fills a void on our team for cheap.

He has 25-30 pounds on Withey, is less than 1 yr older, and is more efficient around the basket and rebounding. I view him as a cheap upgrade. Maybe one day in 2 years or more Withey is that player, but if given the chance I take the guy now if I can get him for cheap.

Honestly I'd rather move Ajinca and still develop Withey while having Koufos.

Oh ok well I'm misunderstanding you then. I thought u meant for him to replace withey. You want him to replace frenchie? Ehh idk I think frenchie has been coming along pretty good if he can cut down the fouling. I'm not gonna put up too much of a defense for him tho, lol

I know withey needs to improve his conditioning this off season for sure. He gets winded pretty quick.

Oh ok well I'm misunderstanding you then. I thought u meant for him to replace withey. You want him to replace frenchie? Ehh idk I think frenchie has been coming along pretty good if he can cut down the fouling. I'm not gonna put up too much of a defense for him tho, lol
    Frenchie is a better player now than Withey but for this team I want Withey because he's younger. Koufos in my eyes gives us a chance to do that because he has so much NBA experience but is still young. He can take the abuse while Withey packs on weight.

However I'm not nearly as confident that Withey can hit 260 pounds. If he could hit 250 I'd be ecstatic. The sad fact is we happen to have nothing but rail thin bigs. Steamer was hot trash. Koufos is only like 100x better for only costing about 600k more. Heck he'd cost less than Jordan Hill will this summer I bet.

I think overall the playoffs are going to be real good. I'm not really rooting for anyone, since the Pels are not in, but I do want GSW to take down the Clippers. Also my darkhorse for the second season is Washington.

Frenchie is a better player now than Withey but for this team I want Withey because he's younger. Koufos in my eyes gives us a chance to do that because he has so much NBA experience but is still young. He can take the abuse while Withey packs on weight.

However I'm not nearly as confident that Withey can hit 260 pounds. If he could hit 250 I'd be ecstatic. The sad fact is we happen to have nothing but rail thin bigs. Steamer was hot trash. Koufos is only like 100x better for only costing about 600k more. Heck he'd cost less than Jordan Hill will this summer I bet.

Yea I can agree with it for the most part. I'm just not of the mindset that we need a big to take that punishment you speak of cause there aren't many bigs that are dishing it out in today's nba.

Yea I can agree with it for the most part. I'm just not of the mindset that we need a big to take that punishment you speak of cause there aren't many bigs that are dishing it out in today's nba.
    Sure. If we are talking about spending 9M or something a year, I agree. Koufos is literally 3M. He's 2M cheaper than Rolo and he gives us a big body when we do play those teams.

Sure. If we are talking about spending 9M or something a year, I agree. Koufos is literally 3M. He's 2M cheaper than Rolo and he gives us a big body when we do play those teams.

We played Howard with ryno and did just fine. We play Howard 4x, gasol 4x. Gasol is more of a finesse big man anyways. Although he can do both. If your talking about replacing frenchie with Koufos then I could Probably get on board but I just don't see the need to pay all 3 of those guys and we have Davis too? Nah, I'm good on paying all 3.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    The arguments against Koufos, make me lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    We played Howard with ryno and did just fine. We play Howard 4x, gasol 4x. Gasol is more of a finesse big man anyways. Although he can do both. If your talking about replacing frenchie with Koufos then I could Probably get on board but I just don't see the need to pay all 3 of those guys and we have Davis too? Nah, I'm good on paying all 3.
    You act like paying all three is some sort Eric Gordon like sin. If you could pull Koufos for Jackson/Ely you'd barely be paying 8.5 million for Davis, Ajinca, Koufos and Withey. Less than what Gortat is probably gonna make this offseason. You also flip a 5'9 SG for some muscle your team lacks. How is this even a question?

The Brooklyn Nets are looking legit. The next round will be interesting.
    Today: Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats
    The Heat had swept the Bobcats in the regular season.
    The Bobcats had never won a playoff game.
    It looks like a sweep.
    Big Al will have big numbers against the Heat.
    But LeBron made 37.7ppg while shooting 62.9% from the field against the Bobcats this season.
    At least they are not embarrassing the Hornets name. ….. They’ll start next season.
    And the Clippers except of CP3 and Redick, the other guys should start playing basketball.
    Happy Eastern Pelicans fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    You act like paying all three is some sort Eric Gordon like sin. If you could pull Koufos for Jackson/Ely you'd barely be paying 8.5 million for Davis, Ajinca, Koufos and Withey. Less than what Gortat is probably gonna make this offseason. You also flip a 5'9 SG for some muscle your team lacks. How is this even a question?

Withey Koufos
    59%. 54% TS%
    53%. 53% eFg%
    56%. 23% FTR
    8%. 13% ORB%
    17%. 21% DRB%
    13%. 17% TRB%
    6%. 4% BLK%
    6%. 4% AST%
    11%. 12% TOV%
    12%. 17% USG%
    122. 111 ORTG
    108 103 DRTG
    .128. .134 WS/48

So with this here. It is easy to see why I think there is no need to give up any assets for him. Withey already trumps him in a few categories including the widest margin of them all in offensive rating. Yea Koufos has a better rebounding rate but I'm pretty confident with more pt and nba experience he will match or exceed those numbers by Koufos. Not like they are dramatically better anyways. So, ws\48 shows they are already affecting the bottom line(winning)about the same. I think we are just fine with frenchie/withey/Davis at the center spot. This team needs a 3&D SF In the worse way and it'll improve every other position on the team by itself. Withey currently weighs 235 I believe. So, I don't think there is any problem getting him to 245 By next season. So, like I said there's no need for Koufos cause he weighs an extra 15-20lbs cause there's not a bunch of bruising big men in today's nba. Besides Howard and that's only 4 games of our season and I think we did just fine against him this season.

Joel Meyers on commentary in the HOU-POR game. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Joel Meyers on commentary in the HOU-POR game. Cool.
    With Chris Webber, too! I am rooting for this announcing crew more than either team actually playing.

I'm rooting for Portland in this one.

I can't stand Howard or Harden.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm rooting for Portland in this one.

I can't stand Howard or Harden.
    I hear ya but my sister and brother are Houston natives and my little nephew is a huge rockets fans. Sooooooo as much as I hate both those guys. I have to root for my little nephew to be happy.

Shaq just called out Howard. Love it when people realize that Dwight isn't "great.'

Joel Meyers on TNT. I knew we had one of the better guys calling our games 82 times a year.

2 Harden Flops.... 2 of them in 3 minutes... I hate the flopping. I'm glad we don't have anyone on the team that does that.

This game has been crazy.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information