Pelicans Report

Thread: Most Improved Player On The Team This Season?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Most Improved Player On The Team This Season?

Everyone is in play, so if you want to say Luke Babbitt who came in during February that is fine. But from their start of the season, to last night, who on the team improved the most?

I say Morrow. Got more minutes on offense, yes, but he got better too. Developed that little mid-range curl jumper that I hadn't seen him take much anywhere else.

But on the defensive end he took a tremendous leap. Was the worst defensive player on this team when the year starter, but became a solid team defender by the end of the year.
    @mcnamara247

Crazy. Davis is a candidate for mip of the league and this is a debate ?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Crazy. Davis is a candidate for mip of the league and this is a debate ?
    He is in the debate for biggest improvement from last year to this year. I took the question as - Who improved most from early in this year to late. Remember how great AD looked in preseason?

Tyreke.. easy, dismal beginning, phenomenal ending.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I would go with Rivers.....simply because I feel that progressing from deplorable to acceptable is a bigger jump than from good to gooder or superb to superber....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He is in the debate for biggest improvement from last year to this year. I took the question as - Who improved most from early in this year to late. Remember how great AD looked in preseason?
    Correct. Not so much asking who improved the most during the offseason, but who improved the most during their 13-14 campaign.

I would say Miller, I also don't think he has peaked. One thing I see people say about him is he got 30 plus min and his numbers are dismal. I disagree. His points can only come when he gets the ball. There are stretches every game where there are 12 to 15 possessions in a row where he doesn't even touch the ball. This team is horrible about ball rotation and his shots are effected by it. As far as his rebound numbers he is the one doing the boxing out so other team members can get the ball. my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    I would say Miller, I also don't think he has peaked. One thing I see people say about him is he got 30 plus min and his numbers are dismal. I disagree. His points can only come when he gets the ball. There are stretches every game where there are 12 to 15 possessions in a row where he doesn't even touch the ball. This team is horrible about ball rotation and his shots are effected by it. As far as his rebound numbers he is the one doing the boxing out so other team members can get the ball. my .02
    But how about rebounding, steals, etc? You can effect the game without the ball. I think that is the critique - that everything other than scoring is well below average and its not like the scoring is that great

Banned
    I think Monty improved most from the beginning of the year to the end. I found myself happy with most things he was doing by the end of the year.

But how about rebounding, steals, etc? You can effect the game without the ball. I think that is the critique - that everything other than scoring is well below average and its not like the scoring is that great
    I agree. Many people talk about how good Miller is but to me he's a below average player in everything but scoring and he doesn't take enough shots to make up for his lack of anything else.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    AD, Austin, Tyreke, Luke, and Withey. But to pick one, I would say AD.

Austin should only be a sg for us going forward the guy doesn't have anything but tunnel vision. All his assists come from designed plays.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar

Anthony Davis

Draft Pick
    Simplest question by far Anthony Davis!!

Let's see him in year 3 tough. Kobe once said that that's the hardest year by far because you know if you have done something right your gonna pull 2 guys at a time. The player has to figure out in a split second can I beat this 2x or knowing I can't but someone is open. If he can learn to find the open guy that cuts down on the 2x defenders. Because guys are off alone somewhere. We also need guys to make the dish count when they get the quick pass.

I think AD can make the right choices and we say flashes in march. If he can do that night in and night out he can be great. If not he will just be a really good player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread Information