Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kincks fire Woodson Adelman Retires

Kincks fire Woodson Adelman Retires

Pels need to do the right thing before all the good coaches are gone

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just taking the temperature of the room.

Scenario: Monty is fired later today.

Is Woodson a person you'd wanna see replace him?

No no no no no no no

And i can tell you that even in spanish and italian: NO

Absolutely not. Keep Monty if Woodson would be the plan. I was having good vibe with Monty late in the season BUT he reverted back to his old self. I really question if this guy will change with time or if he is truly stuck in his ways. Cause he seems he recognizes his mistakes and yet still finds himself making them over n over.

Woodson is a well respected coach that a lot if basketball people are saying wasn't givin a fair shake in New York

only candidate for either team i'm somewhat intrigued by is Hoiberg but Monty isn't going to get fired this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Woodson is a well respected coach that a lot if basketball people are saying wasn't givin a fair shake in New York
    Well respected =/= good. I mean, his career is mediocrity over mediocrity, if we have to stay mediocre or average let's just go on with monty, he'll cost us less and AD likes him already

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Please stop this thread

Add Ty Corbin to that list. So he's a bad coach on a tanking year and he gets the boot but Monty suck also and he gets a renewed contract.

Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Wait what?
    It's a projection on what teams record would be without injures on how they did b4 some of the injuries occurred.

So what's the point you are trying to prove?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    It's a projection on what teams record would be without injures on how they did b4 some of the injuries occurred.
    Does this indicate that the Mavs and. Grizzles would be worse with no injuries?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Where the hell did u pull that useless piece of garbage from?

So if the team were healthy we'd only have won 5 more games?

Bovine feces.

Steve Kerr is up for the Knicks job? Interesting. I wonder if he is ready for that Stan Van Gundy Pat Reilly vibe.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Does this indicate that the Mavs and. Grizzles would be worse with no injuries?
    Yes. Someone calculated what the league would look like if no one on any team got injured. It's obviously suggesting Dallas and Memphis benefited from playing injured teams.

Whoever takes that Jazz job is in a cat bird seat. They have loads of talent, a sure fire #4 pick, and you aren't replacing Jerry Sloan (you are replacing the guy that replaced Jerry Sloan). With a good bit of coaching, that team could be fire as Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Kanter, and Favors have proven they can work well together, throw in a Parker, Embiid, Wiggins, or Smart, and they could be the next OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Whoever takes that Jazz job is in a cat bird seat. They have loads of talent, a sure fire #4 pick, and you aren't replacing Jerry Sloan (you are replacing the guy that replaced Jerry Sloan). With a good bit of coaching, that team could be fire as Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Kanter, and Favors have proven they can work well together, throw in a Parker, Embiid, Wiggins, or Smart, and they could be the next OKC.
    Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I disagree.
    Burke will improve but I don't think he showed himself to be anything special. Hayward is about to get significantly overpaid. He is a good player but shouldn't be more than a third option offensively. Kanter had a very disappointing year and it seemed he could do nothing but score the ball. Favors is very good and should continue to improve. I think a lot of their future rests in how this pick of theirs turns out. I think the Celtics, Magic, and 76ers all have a brighter futures than the Jazz personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I disagree.
    Burke will improve but I don't think he showed himself to be anything special. Hayward is about to get significantly overpaid. He is a good player but shouldn't be more than a third option offensively. Kanter had a very disappointing year and it seemed he could do nothing but score the ball. Favors is very good and should continue to improve. I think a lot of their future rests in how this pick of theirs turns out. I think the Celtics, Magic, and 76ers all have a brighter futures than the Jazz personally.
    The Magic, Celtics, and 76ers need more than 1 guy on their roster worth a lick before I say they have a better future (especially if Utah gets a higher pick than any of them). Playing under Corbin they never never had direction. Get a Hollins in there, or some coach to maximize the talent of their bigs and they could be scary good.

I do agree about Haywood though. I believe they are about to make an AK-47, Gordon type crap max contract move. And if they do, there goes any flexibility that they will have going into 2015-2016.

I disagree.
    Try Corbin poorly run offensives and defensives schemes(and poorly is putting it mildly) really killed that team. He forced Hayward as the main ball handler and forced Burke into a spot up shooter. When they ran the PNR with Trey and the bigs Kanter and Favors the offense was much more efficient.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 04-22-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Draft Pick
    My take is we give them both a pass due to injuries. That would be the prudent thing to do.

That said if we make the change switch styles and go with a run and gun coach like Vinny-Del or if he gets canned Mike D. The make up this really young roster should be pushing the floor every night, espesicaly against some of the older teams in the west.

Sure they are gonna score a lot but our guys should be able to last longer and you only need to win by one point. Of guys get that point at the end.

Besides it makes the team much more intresting to watch, packs the fans in and most importantly we are most effective on the move. Every time we set up in a conventional set we take bad shots or waste too much time and take even worse shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I disagree.
    I disagree as well. Not sure how anyone can look at the 76ers vs the jazz roster and think the 6ers have a brighter future lol. And when I say future I mean the immediate future like next year or 2.

Thread Information