Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Austin Rivers Ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Jenkins played defense, not offense.

But I digress, LONG LIVE AUSTIN RIVERS!
    Right . I'm just messin wit ya cause Jenkins was horrible at playing his supposed defense.

Jenkins played defense, not offense.

But I digress, LONG LIVE AUSTIN RIVERS!
    It could be argued that Jenkins played offense for the other team with how many tackles he missed.

True story. Thank goodness we have Byrd back there. No longer will center field be open for the taking.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It could be argued that Jenkins played offense for the other team with how many tackles he missed.
    Exactly my point with his form of tackling be that he stares at the ground while trying to make the tackle, smh. So glad he's gone. Funny thing is Philly thinks they stole him from us lol

True story. Thank goodness we have Byrd back there. No longer will center field be open for the taking.
    Byrds the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    At best, I think he can be a Steph Curry lite.

He has elite evasivesness and his BBIQ is improving every game.

What you say?
    I say I'm a big Rivers fan but the closest he will get to Curry is in a Thai restaurant!

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I say I'm a big Rivers fan but the closest he will get to Curry is in a Thai restaurant!
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Yea the curry comparisons are asinine lol

It is ridiculous for anybody to say no way Rivers can be similar in performance to Manu Parker or Crawford. Kid has so much untapped potential no one can really say how good he will end up being wether that is a good 6th man or an all star. I think Goran Dragiv reminds me the most of a Rivers at his early stage and what I believe Rivers can be. I'm sure everyone claiming he can't be this and that knew Dragic would improve the way he did as other I mentioned. I'm not saying he will for sure be as good as any of them but to say he can't is just laughable. People like Manu and Dragic are so much like Rivers cause of a little thing called hard work. Rivers has a work ethic with the best of them and that can't be said to often for majority of the people but he sets himself apart from many. I think Rivers will make a similar jump to what Dragic has done this past year. I would think the same of him no matter what team he was on if I followed him as closely watching every move of his career and understanding his situation. Rivers is someone who needs to go through some different phases to get better like Parker Dragic Manu and others by not being so NBA ready just physically. People need to let the kid grow and let him develop into whatever he may be which I think is going to be someone great no doubt.

Sure he can. Aminu could have become better than deng too, like rivers he had lots of untapped potential.

Thread Information