Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: More Details Emerge About Ely's contract

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I wouldn't give up on Withey. I see him as our future starting 5.
    I prefer Whithey to Pierre (I think he can be pretty good), but I wouldn't be opposed to losing Whithey if we were able to land a target or two. It's all a big "IF" though.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What if giving up Withey gives us a current starting 5?
    Obviously that would be fine.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I haven't watch Koufos but is he any good? Name doesn't jump out at me as MUST HAVE kind of guy?

He hasn't stood out to me in the games I've seen him vs. the Pelicans this year, but looking at his stats, he's exactly what we're looking for in a part time starting center. Big body that's a very good rebounder, decent defender and doesn't foul too much. I would definitely trade Pierre Jackson, Babbit and Ely for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    He hasn't stood out to me in the games I've seen him vs. the Pelicans this year, but looking at his stats, he's exactly what we're looking for in a part time starting center. Big body that's a very good rebounder, decent defender and doesn't foul too much. I would definitely trade Pierre Jackson, Babbit and Ely for him.
    Selling high I see

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I haven't watch Koufos but is he any good? Name doesn't jump out at me as MUST HAVE kind of guy?
    Must have guys can't be had this summer with our limited resources. Gotta find solid upgrades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

To be honest when you look at the teams next year who are going to have a ton of cap, I don't know that our best bet is to wait until next year. You figure Lakers and Knicks will have a ton of money AND big markets, depending what LBJ does Miami might have a good bit of cap, Boston, and not counting another 2-3 teams who don't have as big of markets but will have a ton of cap.

I have a feel next offseason will be a bidding war for the top players and then once they're off the books other teams are going to panic because they missed out and overpay for other plays.

The more I think about it the more I think we need to try to avoid that. Maybe Dell is thinking that way too and is trying to position us to make a move this offseason. Do we have enough assets to make a move for Kevin Love a year early and lock him up? Would something like Anderson, Reke, Ely, and 2016 1st be enough for Love, Martin, and possibly take back a bad contract like Budinger? This would still allow us to stretch Gordon next year.

Jrue/Rivers/Jackson
    Gordon/Martin/Morrow
    Tucker/Budinger
    Love/Smith
    AD/Ajinca/Withey

Is this lineup better than our current team and adding Tucker? Personally, if we have a chance to put Love next to AD I think we have to take and this allows us to strike early instead of going into the 2015 offseason and have to fight against other teams for players.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Kosta Koufos is a big bodied, young (25) center who has pretty much been a backup his whole career. He shoots a good percentage, can rebound, and I'd love for him to be a Pelican.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Kosta Koufos is a big bodied, young (25) center who has pretty much been a backup his whole career. He shoots a good percentage, can rebound, and I'd love for him to be a Pelican.
    Yeah. Looking just at his stats he looks like a guy in a similar situation as Asik. Played backup minutes but was good in those minutes.

Thread Information