Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So long, Steimer!

I've spent 90% of this season trying to be positive about Dell and Monty but I think it's time they go if they bring them back next there is no way this fan base will get excited. I just believe if one goes they both should go and start over .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I've spent 90% of this season trying to be positive about Dell and Monty but I think it's time they go if they bring them back next there is no way this fan base will get excited. I just believe if one goes they both should go and start over .
    I understand your concerns, but I don't see how this specific move hurt your confidence in Dell. Ostensibly the move is completely trivial and shouldn't influence your opinion either way.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    We all know Stiemsma sat out last game, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I was 100% behind not bringing Steimsma back. He was unbelievably useless. However, this move, with 2 games left makes no sense whatsoever. The only cap ramifications I can even think of is if there is a cap hold on him as a FA, but they could renounce that if so. Also, if they are going to do something like this, whey not get a young big to see if he is worth a summer league invite? Just an overall puzzling move by Demps.
    My guess is that Stiemsma wasn't going to play and they are doing Ely a solid, letting him retire as an NBA player. Guy said he would cry if he made it back to the league. He did. Now he can go out as an NBA'er.
    @mcnamara247

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Maybe I'm dense, but I don't understand Steimsma's tweet?

I think he really thought he was going to be a rotation player for this team moving forward. Like I always say, players don't see it like we do. They are delsuional because they kinda have to be

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Maybe I'm dense, but I don't understand Steimsma's tweet?
    dont feel bad. i didnt get it either.

I don't think the tweet is cryptic at all. It's his way of saying he planned on being with the team at the very least the end of the season.

I hope that's true MM, would be a class act. Does that mean they just pay him a symbolic sum?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    I hope that's true MM, would be a class act. Does that mean they just pay him a symbolic sum?
    You have to imagine it's something to that effect. Why else would they sign Melvin Ely at this juncture of the season to boot?

God = our front office, steamer = guy
    guy has a plan for himself and his life(steamer planned on staying here to be rotation player), God(FO) laughs, tells him he is a very small part in a much larger plan(or in this instance with the FO, not in the plans at all/already played his role). Essentially he didn't know our plan for him, which is for him not to be in the plan, much like we don't know God's plan for each of us, and God's plan ends up being much different than man's own plan.

???
    never assume

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    His release and his twitter statement doesn't make any sense. I guess the owners do read this board and wanted to do one solid thing to end the season

I wish I was that tall so I could of stole money in the league like steamer has for years. My god we overpaid this man. I would of been happy giving that to morrow instead.
    I'm a grinder

Thank GOD.

Maybe Dell wanted to see the other bigs play more and the only way to stop Monty from playing Stiemer instead was to release him.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't know why Steamer feels upset. He got paid 2.5M this year to make our team worse. He made more than I will make in my lifetime because he is tall. We both have the same basketball skills which is none. He should be thanking God that his genetics have made him a millionaire while the rest of us have had to be smart/talented to make 2-3% what he made this year.
    This may just be the best post I have ever seen on an Internet forum. Truer words have never been written. Excellent comment sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't know why Steamer feels upset. He got paid 2.5M this year to make our team worse. He made more than I will make in my lifetime because he is tall. We both have the same basketball skills which is none. He should be thanking God that his genetics have made him a millionaire while the rest of us have had to be smart/talented to make 2-3% what he made this year.
    Thank you for saying this (the entire post actually).

I could care less about the reasoning for the move. If we could have upgraded from this guy I'm sure Dell would have done it. Maybe he was being an *** in the locker room... maybe he just sucked so bad ALL SEASON LONG for them to finally cut him.

I was all for the move when we got him, because he was a blocking fool against us. in a Pel uniform I watched countless layups being made on this dude by point guards. It was so frustrating to watch.

I don't know. I don't care. I'm just glad this bum won't be eating up any of Withey's minutes anymore even if for only 2 more games.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I wish I was that tall so I could of stole money in the league like steamer has for years. My god we overpaid this man. I would of been happy giving that to morrow instead.
    No point in even thinking about it that way. It'll just **** you off more and more.
    But here we go. I've been at my job for 9 years and 6 months. I bring home about 16k a year. And even though I live in a small town, I do a fairly important job. I help people and have been responsble for saving lives.
    This dude got paid 2 million in 1 year for being tall and getting in people's way.
    Life sucks. but that's how it is.

But he's gone now. So maybe things are on the up-and-up. I could use a raise.:\

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    dont feel bad. i didnt get it either.
    Me either... as long as it made sense to him I guess.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I took the tweet as Stiemsma saying that god is truly the only one who knows what he has in store for you.

Can we bring back Ryan Bowen ??

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    His release and his twitter statement doesn't make any sense. I guess the owners do read this board and wanted to do one solid thing to end the season
    Haha, my favourite take on it so far. The front office's gift to the fans, "we know you have suffered; here, have this token of good-will"

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Can we bring back Ryan Bowen ??
    Now that would be epic, make it happen Dell!
    Last edited by CarnbY; 04-14-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    My guess is that Stiemsma wasn't going to play and they are doing Ely a solid, letting him retire as an NBA player. Guy said he would cry if he made it back to the league. He did. Now he can go out as an NBA'er.
    But couldn't we have claimed Smith instead? Wouldn't we have retained his bird rights by claiming his contract? Seems that would have been a better move for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But couldn't we have claimed Smith instead? Wouldn't we have retained his bird rights by claiming his contract? Seems that would have been a better move for the team.
    I personally agree, but I watched him a ton this weekend on Synergy and the guy is a foul machine on D too and can't score outside of 3 feet. Think that they bring a different type of big in this summer if they add one. Not a Greg Smith type

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I personally agree, but I watched him a ton this weekend on Synergy and the guy is a foul machine on D too and can't score outside of 3 feet. Think that they bring a different type of big in this summer if they add one. Not a Greg Smith type
    Yeah, not sure he is any sort of long term answer or not, but it would seem gaining bird rights would at least be something (compared to gaining absolutely nothing with Ely).

Thread Information