Pelicans Report

Thread: Would we still have gotten Anthony Davis ?

Would we still have gotten Anthony Davis ?

Would we still have gotten Anthony Davis if the original CP3 to the lakers deal would have gone through ? Just asking for opinions and why ?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    You just never know. I tend to think not but there isn't a concrete answer.
    @DanielVeuleman

No. Kmart Scola and dragic would have kept us in mediocre town. 10th pick and no playoffs which sounds fun, but isn't as coveted as it may seem

To be fair, we wouldn't have gotten it if Gordon would have stayed relatively healthy that year. So, who knows, maybe Martin and Dragic get hurt that year. Can't know, but I say unlikely. But again, it was unlikely that we got the first pick the year we got it. Had a less than 15% chance, and again, it would have been way less than that if Gordon plays more than 9 games. (Went 6-3 with him that year)
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    To be fair, we wouldn't have gotten it if Gordon would have stayed relatively healthy that year. So, who knows, maybe Martin and Dragic get hurt that year. Can't know, but I say unlikely. But again, it was unlikely that we got the first pick the year we got it. Had a less than 15% chance, and again, it would have been way less than that if Gordon plays more than 9 games. (Went 6-3 with him that year)
    Good point. Gordon was considered to be the future at the SG position (it didn't turn out that way) but looking at it we passed on the old veteran route and took on a player that was young with lots of potential. We also landed the Minny pick which was thought to be a higher pick (we got screwed by Kevin Love carrying his team). Factoring all of this into the equation, I believe we made the right trade. Gordon's onslaught of injuries and Dragic's emergence were just bad luck on our part. Davis is the ultimate prize and I doubt we get him with the Houston deal.

Lucky we got AD. Imagine we did the Clips deal and got the second pick and took MKG or Thomas Robinson. Dell might be gone already.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lucky we got AD. Imagine we did the Clips deal and got the second pick and took MKG or Thomas Robinson. Dell might be gone already.
    Dragic/Rivers
    Martin/Morrow
    MKG/Miller
    Scola/Smith
    Lopez/Steamer

Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Dragic/Rivers
    Martin/Morrow
    MKG/Miller
    Scola/Smith
    Lopez/Steamer

Yum.
    You are combining deals here. Again, I said imagine Clips deal with MKG, so no Dragic, Martin or Scola.

If you are assuming the Lakers deal with MKG at SF, you would have to take out Rivers, because we got that with the pick from the Clips deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Dragic/Rivers
    Martin/Morrow
    MKG/Miller
    Scola/Smith
    Lopez/Steamer

Yum.

YUCK

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    YUCK
    Exactly lol. Scola starting at the 4 and that's all she wrote.

There is no possible way to answer this question. So many different scenarios. Dell could've been planning on flipping those pieces for more picks. Idk.

It depends on whether the fix was actually in from Boss Stern. If it wasn't I'd say no, but I do think the odds are high we would have ended up with say Harden and Drummond. I'd rather have Holiday and Davis, but assuming Demps was intending to flip those pieces rather than becoming a perennial playoff bubble team, the team would be better than the version of Gordon we ended up with plus Thomas Robinson, which is the core we were looking at before winning the lottery.

Thread Information