Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 04-11-14

If rivers can keep developing his game. He will be pretty nasty in 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    If rivers can keep developing his game. He will be pretty nasty in 3-4 years.
    I see him making his bread and butter as a Patrick Beverly type.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Rivers is honestly my favorite player in the NBA and I pull for him so much. I hope he can improve to be an effective 30+ minute player before his rookie contract ends.

I mean,he most likely won't, but I can dream. I cheer for him more than anyone else.
    Why? He's only in year 2 and has been improving every step of the way so far. To say he won't is a little premature ya think?

I see him making his bread and butter as a Patrick Beverly type.
    Idk man. He flashes some big play ability like that step back jumper over durant. That was plain nasty. His handles are nice and he's improving at finishing thru contact. If he would just stop with that ridiculous floater tho. His 3pt shot has been pretty good as of late. He has a long way to go but as long as he keeps improving I think he can be a starter in this league. If not then a 6th man jr smith type of player. I see him being much better than Beverly offensively. He actually probably already is.

Why? He's only in year 2 and has been improving every step of the way so far. To say he won't is a little premature ya think?
    Guards typically come hot out the gate and peak early. He doesn't have the athleticism or finishing ability to take advantage of his handle and his court vision is lacking.

It would truly take a rare career arc for him to improve to quality starter for a contending team. I see him topping out at like Danny Green/Patty Mills level.

Beverly is a far better offensive player right now, or at least, way more efficient.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...riverau01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...beverpa01.html

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    D-Miller is feeling it.

Basically, I expect Rivers to peak at valuable role player.

Guards typically come hot out the gate and peak early. He doesn't have the athleticism or finishing ability to take advantage of his handle and his court vision is lacking.

It would truly take a rare career arc for him to improve to quality starter for a contending team. I see him topping out at like Danny Green/Patty Mills level.
    Eh agree to disagree on his athleticism and finishing ability. He's been getting more and 1s lately and he will get stronger with time. He is so raw it's way too early to project him that low IMO. He does things now that neither of those guys can do. I means not get me wrong he's no Westbrook and rose as far as athleticism but he's more of a Conley type of athleticism.

Evans has picked it up in the second quarter.

Is Withey in foul trouble. Why is Steimsma still out there?

Beverly is a far better offensive player right now, or at least, way more efficient.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...riverau01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...beverpa01.html
    Yea he is more efficient but they are in 2 totally diff situations so that's hard to compare and get a fair comparison. Put it like this. If I needed a basket with 10 sec to go. Give me rivers over Beverly.

Durant= no fair

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    people here say it over and over again, but what the Hell, one more time.... Steamer does not do a single thing to help this team....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Babbitts release is waaaayyyy too slow for the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    people here say it over and over again, but what the Hell, one more time.... Steamer does not do a single thing to help this team....
    I'll scream bloody murder if he returns next year.

Yea he is more efficient but they are in 2 totally diff situations so that's hard to compare and get a fair comparison. Put it like this. If I needed a basket with 10 sec to go. Give me rivers over Beverly.
    If Austin could make a layup at anything approaching league average, I'd agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Combined with his set shot and middling height, he is easy to contest and force into something else. And he isn't a good enough dribbler, passer, and lacks a solid mid-range game to make guys running at him pay for it. Granted, I've been down on him all year but his play has done nothing to change my mind.

Unlike Morrow who I actually want the team to keep this off-season. He has proven to be more offensively versatile than I originally thought.

Rivers fg% from 0-3 feet is .544% and Beverly is .568

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And it's not like he's not athletic enough to jump. He just chooses not to. When he takes a host inside the arc, he jumps and the shot gets off quickly.

You can't have a slow set shot in the NBA. If it's lightning quick, sure. Like Ryno's. But Babbitt's shot is totally impractical.

Also Beverly's usage rate is much lower than rivers but has played more than 500 min more than him this season. That's why I say the efficiency isn't too fair to compare I don't think. Beverly also shoots more 3s than he does 2s but only shoots 35% from 3. Idk all the comparisons are fun but we won't really know for another 3-4 years what he will be. I just think Beverly is maxed out on what he will do in this league. Rivers is just scratching the surface.

Rivers fg% from 0-3 feet is .544% and Beverly is .568
    Huh, well, tickle me pink!

I didn't realize Rivers had improved it that much.

And now Roberts is hurt...

I'm not surprised. Might even ahve to play Southerland.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Joel just said Roberts is out now with sprained ankle? The hits just keep on comin...

This team plays their age quite often.

Thread Information