Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Using the Stretch Provision on Eric Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I will add to that - max deal to a Western Conference team, so he can submarine the competition all while helping us!
    Yes! Sacramento deserves him and they love players on bad contracts. In my heart though I want him to go to the Suns on a max and then he bring their mythical medical staff down to earth.

I want to hear stories about how their inability to cure him caused multiple staff members to quit and question their role in life. I want him to be responsible for even Steve Nash saying, "I'm not going back there to retire. I'd prefer the Bucks."

I want Grant Hill to offer his knees to Gordon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So:

If the Pel's were to SP Gordon in season 2014/15 they would be paying him roughly 6.08M a year over 5 years (2x2+1 = 5 years/30.4M)?

OR

In season if they were to use the SP in 2015/16 they would roughly pay him 5.17M a year over 3 years (2x1 +1 = 3 years/15.4M)?

I think it's better he plays next season and comes off the bench.....who cares what he wants.
    This is more than likely to force his hand and he may opt out.

I don't see the point of using the SP on him in 2014/15 as there are no real HOT FA to target like there will be in 2015/16, other than to free up more playing time for Morrow, Rivers and Roberts off the bench.

It's going to be another interesting FA this season for the Pel's

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Demps has a great capologist that knows all this stuff, and even if he doesn't, not to toot our horn but we know he reads all our stuff. If he didn't know, now he knows! #Biggie
    Maybe just email him the article/s just in case he misses the point LOL.

Thread Information