Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is there an obituary, or somewhere we can send flowers? (pm me so we can make that happen).
    I'd like to know this as well.

Jeez....I'm at a loss for words. Truly terrible news. She will be missed.

Inbox is cleared out.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Go check that other thread a fellow member made and he gives a email to the pelicans. Maybe everyone has it already but I didn't. I think if we can get enough emails to spill in. Our wishes will be granted. I just emailed them requesting some kind of commemoration on the official pelicans site or even pre-game or halftime. Never know what you can get if you don't ask. Well worth the try. Very tragic news. Never met her but def felt a connection from all the conversation on here. If someone could pm me the obituary link as well. I'd appreciate it.

Her name was Monique Myers.

I want to get some flowers sent to her funeral 504. Was she local? I am checking the obituaries for her name and it hasnt shown up anywhere yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I want to get some flowers sent to her funeral 504. Was she local? I am checking the obituaries for her name and it hasnt shown up anywhere yet.
    Yes she lived in New Orleans. Since she just died yesterday evening, I'm sure her family is working on arrangements. I just decided today I won't go to the funeral, 3 deaths in my family in the last month has made me weary. But when I hear of the arrangements I will post. I plan to send arrangements to her house.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Anyone else feel like the forum just suddenly felt empty?

Wow... I don't really know what to say but RIP FlyGirl...
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Anyone else feel like the forum just suddenly felt empty?
    Yeah... Sucks.

Joe.. Could we perhaps change the name of this board to "The FlyGirl Memorial Roost"? Just an idea....

I am shocked... RIP

RIP.
    asdfghjkl;'

To HunnyB/FlyGirl's family,

You have my most sincere condolences and prayers at this most difficult of times. You can tell, most of the time, what kind of person is behind the words written in this forum. There was not a shred of doubt in my mind that HunnyB was top-notch. This forum will never be the same without her.

I just received a message from her daughter, she is an amazing bundle of strength. They are trying to finalize the plans by tomorrow. I received the ok from her to post the details for anyone who is interested.

Wow... RIP FlyGirl, prayers for her family...

Quote Originally Posted by 504fan View Post
    I just received a message from her daughter, she is an amazing bundle of strength. They are trying to finalize the plans by tomorrow. I received the ok from her to post the details for anyone who is interested.
    Please do.

This is sad news. I been a member for a while now and always remember seeing her post and comments, felt like I knew her personally. RIP HunnyB

Just wanted to share that she was also a huge member of the basketballboards.

People over there are truly shocked and sad too. http://www.basketballforum.com/new-o...ssed-away.html

Maybe we can compile all of the messages from the forums to comfort the family.

HunnyB was loved everywhere.

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Man I am shellshocked... HunnyB had a passion for this team like no other. I remember being so impressed when I realized this was a woman dropping all these very on point posts. RIP HunnyB, you've made being a Hornets/Pelicans fan more enjoyable to us all.

Wow, I'm saddened right now. I really loved HunnyB / FlyGirl on these forums. I hope her family is well. One of the best posters and best fans of the Hornets/Pelicans.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Wow, prayers out to the family... RIP

All-Star
    Very sad news. Like many fellow members here I think that this board won't be the same without HunnyB/FlyGirl. Through all the years since I become a modest part of this internet community, Hunny was an essential part of the board, providing interesting and insightful commentary about almost everything connected to my favorite basketball team. Rest in peace, Hunny, you will be sorely missed.

still feels like a kick in the gut man

Thread Information