Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for FlyGirl

Wow, I've been here off and on over the years and didn't know her at all but always enjoyed her posts and opinion. This is very sad. Her family has my deepest sympathy.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    My God...

She was dedicated. So dedicated to this site. I could always count on her finding and posting an interview or article I hadn't seen. She was so open. A good person that I'm glad we shared even this space with.

May she find her peace in eternal rest.

I wish I had known her better, but I think everyone here knew of her. She was one of the cornerstones of this site, and it'll never be the same without her. RIP Flygirl, and my thoughts and prayers to her family.

That is a damn shame. If she was as good of a person as her online persona appeared to be, the world lost a great person.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    This is terrible news, she was posting just the other day. RIP Flygirl.

504, if you don't mind, do you know how old she was?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    This is terrible news, she was posting just the other day. RIP Flygirl.

504, if you don't mind, do you know how old she was?
    I don't know her exact age. She told me she was a little older than me, so I have to assume she's not that old. I'm 37. Her daughter said she was fine Saturday night, this was totally unexpected.

My God.

I can’t believe this, I am truly saddened by her passing.
    My heart goes out to all her family and friends.

May the team have the success that she always wanted, so that one day she can smile down and enjoy this with the City of New Orleans.

I’m not sure if anyone on this site has any connections with the team but it would be nice if the team was able to honour her somehow….even as something a small as a thank you on the official Pelicans site would be nice.

Wow. This is terrible news. Like most here, I didn't know her personally, but she was one of my favorite people to go back and forth with on the board. This forum will definitely not be the same without her. RIP HunnyB/FlyGirl.

She will be missed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    WHAT? OMG...nooooo. I haven't been posting on here like I used too but I come here daily still, and wow Im heartbroken by this.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Wow... this is horrible, horrible news. She will be missed... but at least I can say I have this moment -

I've been on this board for a long time, but don't post as much as I used to in the early years... but even so, HunnyB once read my actual name when I was quoted in the Times Pic about a shooting in the quarter, and she remembered that that was my name from the few times I said it, and private messaged me on here to make sure I was okay. That was such a random act of kindness that I'll never forget from someone who I didn't know well at all... but enough to remember how kind she was. I have to believe that's exactly how she was outside of this board, and if so, the world has lost one of the good ones.

Prayers sent. Rest in peace.

This is absolutely heartbreaking news. She was the heart and soul of this site. Someone called her the mom of the board-- I think that's the perfect monicker. It's so crazy how most of us didn't know her personally, but are saddened as if we lost a friend we always see. That's the impact she left and was always so nice and informative.

RIP HunnyB.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    totally unbelievable and unexpected, but as pointed out already, a grim reminder about savoring life while we are afforded the opportunity to do so .... she was easily my favorite person on here and someone who kept us in line with a special manner all her own... nobody provided better information on various items than she did.....nobody. her dedication to this forum and her easy going ways will never be forgotten.... not by me anyway. I feel helpless and saddened that our prayers weren't answered this time, but they are still alive and now focused on her family and loved ones .... what a tragic day for all of us who come here....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    So saddened by this news. I've read her posts since 2004 when I joined this site originally. My thoughts and prayers to her family.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 504fan View Post
    I don't know her exact age. She told me she was a little older than me, so I have to assume she's not that old. I'm 37. Her daughter said she was fine Saturday night, this was totally unexpected.
    Jesus.... How in the WORLD does this happen!?

My condolences.

The Pels have lost a true fan, and this forum has lost a class act

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    This is absolutely heartbreaking news. She was the heart and soul of this site. Someone called her the mom of the board-- I think that's the perfect monicker. It's so crazy how most of us didn't know her personally, but are saddened as if we lost a friend we always see. That's the impact she left and was always so nice and informative.

RIP HunnyB.
    Absolutely, 100% true. What she contributed to this site helped seperate from other sites. A real fan to say the least and she will be missed. My condolences and prayers to her family, I can only imagine.

Wow. This is very sad to read right now. I started reading the first page and saw she was needing prayers and was scrolling thru and was gonna post my thoughts and prayers and then BOOM. I'm shell shocked and very sad by page 2.unbelievabale. She was an awesome board mod and was very understanding with all situations she handled with me for sure. This is just unreal right now cause we were just posting about Monty smdh. Hopefully her family can find peace knowing she's in heaven and watching down over everyone. R.I.P. HUNNY B / FLY GIRL. very sad day on pr.com. Dam man

Prayers for her and her family.

i've deleted what i typed out several times... hard time figuring out what to say. rip.

So sad....rest easy

It's time like these..sigh R.I.P. Heaven got an angel back.

This really, really sucks.

Thanks for everything HunnyB/Flygirl, you've been amazing to us.

Absolutely shocked and devastated by her passing. I can't put into words how much she meant to the PR community. My sincerest condolences to her family and friends. I'm sure she meant as much, if not more, to those who had the privilege of knowing her outside this forum...

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I still remember the first few times that i referred to her as "dude". Gosh i just can't believe this, she seemed like she'd be staying here forever. This is just ****ed up

Thread Information