Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers for FlyGirl

Prayers for FlyGirl

Hello everyone! I use to be a very active member on this site, but recently I've stayed away from posting so many of you might not recognize me. Due to us being one of the few women on this site, me and FlyGirl (aka HunnyB) became close behind the scenes. I debated whether I should post about this, but I believe in the power of prayers. And I'm asking everyone else who believe also to please pray for her and her family at this time. Her daughter text me earlier today and said she's in the hospital and it's not looking good for her at this time. All things are possible with God, so I refuse to give up. Thank you.
    Last edited by 504fan; 04-07-2014 at 05:47 PM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Prayers are sent.
    @DanielVeuleman

Prayers to FLyGirl. man I hope she pulls through.

Prayers for sure. She's the heart and soul of the board, without a doubt.

That's terrible. I'll be praying for her and her family.

Prayers to FlyGirl and her family.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    That's not good. And I know I'm still kinda new here, but I hope everything gets better for her.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm sending prayers towards HunnyB. Very sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

no way... Flygirl/HunnyB is 1 of the stalwarts of this board... hope she pulls through
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

She is like the board mom... That is sad news, and I'll definitely pray for her.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Hope all is well! Please come back and moderate us children

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hard to hear. My thoughts and best wishes are with her and hers.

A grim reminder that there are real faces behind the handles, the posts, and avys.

Get well soon, FlyGirl.

Prayers are with you
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Terrible news. Sending her the best of wishes.

Just spoke 2 her for the 1st time last week via PM and she is a great person. Prayers sent.
    YOU PLAYING BASKETBALL IN PELICAN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a heavy heart, I hate to report that she passed away. This site will not be the same for me anymore, because she was one of the main reasons I came to this board. This board has truly lost a special person. Thanks to everyone who prayed and please continue to keep her family in your prayers as they go through this difficult time. Her daughter is looking for all the boards she's active in, so we might get a message from her.
    Last edited by 504fan; 04-07-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I am not a believer so I was hoping that she got better. I am sad to hear she did not. She knew more about basketball and Pelicans than most. Hope her family and friends remember her fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by 504fan View Post
    With a heavy heart, I hate to report that she passed away. This site will not be the same for me anymore, because she was one of the main reasons I came to this board. This board has truly lost a special person. Thanks to everyone who prayed and please continue to keep her family in your prayers as they go through this difficult time. Her daughter is looking for all the boards she's active in, so we might get a message from her.
    This new seriously ruined my night.

I never spoke with her or knew her personally, but it's my opinion that she was the highest-character poster that we had around. She was always extremely helpful and would provide information and links far before anyone else could. If you read a post by HunnyB or FlyGirl, you could bet that it was a well-informed, high-quality post by an intelligent basketball fan.

She was a big part of the cohesion that we have here on the board, and her contributions to the site and interactions with all of us consistently made PelicansReport a better place to be.

I'm still quite shocked, and wish nothing but the best for her surviving friends and family. She will truly be missed and it will never be the same around here without her.

That's a tough one to take...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I just don't even know what to say. Easily my favorite poster. To say it won't ever be the same is a major understatement. I'm truly devastated.

RIP Hunnyfly... Damn

Wow just wow. I wasn't her favorite person, but I'm at a lost for words.

I have to contact every person that I love and make sure they know I love them. Life is a precious and fragile thing.

wow... that totally sucks

RIP HunnyB/FlyGirl... PR.com will never be the same

My one interaction with her was an epic battle over Austin Rivers. After that battle, I knew to have my ish together before I stepped to her. The board mom will be missed by all. It was a pleasure to interact with her for the short time that I've been around. I wish her family the best. They should rest assured that she is now watching some of the best basketball games ever in Heaven.

RIP
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information