Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for FlyGirl

Blog Entries
    Terrrible news. She will be missed. We'll try to do something so that her legacy lives on forever in the digital world.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

I assume that this was set up by her daughter.

http://www.gofundme.com/86g5qs
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Joe.. Could we perhaps change the name of this board to "The FlyGirl Memorial Roost"? Just an idea....
    Or maybe put something on the Banner at the top of the page to remember her.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-P View Post
    Or maybe put something on the Banner at the top of the page to remember her.
    I was thinking about this or a memorial banner/section somewhere on the site to remember her would be great.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

It has been a long time since I've posted on this forum, but I have constantly read arguments and used it as a source of information for the Pels. I remember seeing FlyGirl post since I joined back in 2008 (I believe she had a presence on Hornets247 back in the day where I started out) or so...absolutely terrible news let's donate and get her that $2,000 she needs for a proper funeral!

Prayers for FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Yes it was. I'm going to do my part.
    Last edited by 504fan; 04-09-2014 at 04:53 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I take a few days off from PR and come back to hear this terrible news. RIP HunnyB. I will be praying for your family.

Didn't want to post straight away and make a hasty comment.

what I remember hunny b is that she was the rose between the thorns on this forum. she was often the voice of reason when tempers flared. though she wasn't as boisterous as other members she always brought something to the table. she was what every poster on this forum should aspire to be like, and she will be missed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'm really at a loss for words. I haven't posted yet because I thought maybe after the initial shock would allow me to form some coherent thought, but I can't. She was a fantastic poster, the best. The Pelicans fanbase isn't the same without her.

Will donate something towards the funeral expenses. Sad sad thing to deal with. She did seem like a beautiful person to be around. Always enjoyed her passion for our state team. There is an angel in the sky now.
    I'm a grinder

This is the message her daughter sent me:

Hey, Melissa. I got the info on the services. Monday morning, at True Vine Baptist Church (2008 Marigny St). Viewing at 8am, service at 10am. Since we're not going to a cemetery, my dad requested that no one sends flowers. We wouldn't have anywhere to put them after the service.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

I was just about to post this; glad someone beat me to it as I'm a couple days late.

RIP HunnyB/FlyGirl

I pray the Myers family can find strength during this trying time and for them to know that they aren't alone.

I came to pay my respects to Flygirl. Not only was Flygirl one of the most active members of PR, she was very helpful; she started threads to stimulate discussion and taught us a lot. Flygirl never jumped down my throat for not being a die hard Pelicans fan, she only asked three things of me. That I follow the rules, contribute, and have fun. Flygirl was a role model for how to behave on a forum. Fair and impartial moderators are hard to come by and Flygirl was exactly that. She gave me a warning when I deserved it but she didn't abuse her power and I respected her highly for that. She deleted posts when it was necessary to cool tensions on the site and keep things orderly. Flygirl upheld the rules but also strove to create a pleasant and fun environment for all posters. Flygirl was successful. The memory of Flygirl will live on on this forum.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 04-13-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Have we ever found out the cause of death?

Wow. I think I always got the vibe she was a nice person. This confirms it with the posts I've read in reaction to this. Very sad. My condolences to everybody effected by this. Here's to a passionate fan of the Hornets/Pelicans.

R.I.P., HunnyB/FlyGirl
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Terrible loss. My thoughts and condolences go out to her family and friends. I never knew her but she was definitely an integral part of this board, and struck me as a kind and thoughtful human being. RIP.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    So, it's been a while since I posted on these boards and I am truly devastated to hear about FlyGirl's passing. Truly devastated. She always had something good to say and she was truly a sweetheart. My prayers go to her family without a doubt. Very hard to take in.

She was underappreciated. She had a very hard job here that was next to thankless in some important ways. Many a lesson learned from her. The Pelicans, us, the city, and her family lost a good one.

20012 good posts from her, too, with the last about Hornets history. Fitting... She was an important part of it. Not many fans can say that.

Reflect, and be the posters and fans she always wanted. Tht is how we can honor her and her work.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    She was underappreciated. She had a very hard job here that was next to thankless in some important ways. Many a lesson learned from her. The Pelicans, us, the city, and her family lost a good one.

20012 good posts from her, too, with the last about Hornets history. Fitting... She was an important part of it. Not many fans can say that.

Reflect, and be the posters and fans she always wanted. Tht is how we can honor her and her work.
    Well said J.

Amen to that

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Oh wow. It's been a minute since I've last posted, but I wanted to post my condolences to HunnyB's family. She was a very devoted fan and will surely be missed. :-(

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Very, very sad news. Barely knew flygirl but I could tell quickly that she was more than well respected around here and was part of the foundation for this board.

My condolences to her family and thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Shocking and sad news. She was a huge fan of the team and a vital part of this website both from contributions she made to the discussion and her role as a moderator. Saying she will be missed is an understatement that does not do her justice.

Rest in peace.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Just now saw this and wanted to pay my last respects... very sad news
    RIP

Thread Information