Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hornet's History

Quote Originally Posted by JakobNarbei View Post
    I believe a few of you didn't understand what I was saying in the OP so I'll clarify again. The NBA only wants to take the History that took place during 1988 to 2002. The reasoning is that the History happened in that city so it should stay in that history.

If you guys want to get the old Jazz history back you should organize and speak up like Charlotte has.
    It's not about the city. It's about the franchise. The bobcats/hornets is an entirely different franchise. It doesn't makes sense to give away history of this franchise just because fans want it.

I thought it was a mistake by the nba letting Charlotte rebrand back to the hornets anyway. Just creates confusion. If Seattle ever gets a team, you think they take that history back? Like the 1 year they had Durant? No probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I once had a dream that a basketball team from New Orleans was one game from the conference finals but fell short to the San Antonio Spurs. This team was led by 2 all stars named David West and Chris Paul who played in the all star game in the city of New Orleans. It was a great dream, but as it turns out I guess that all happened in Charlotte? Or was all of that just something I made up one night in a dream?
    Over your head obviously.
    You're completely missing what's being proposed.

And this board had one for the 5 years I was here before you ever joined. If I had ever done anything to tarnish the boards rep, I am pretty sure I would have been banned at least once.
    Not saying you have, not saying you are, not saying you will. Honestly I don't really care what you say or do. Do it. JMO that calling a visitor's question stupid and the like is, well, rude. I'm in two "debates" in two separate threads sticking up for two innocents people! One of which is acknowledgeably lazy, but this ain't the one. Either way, I want no fights, man. All I was trying to say was

"I'm perfectly calm dude...." "Calmer than you are"

The Hornets past is ours...MJ never purchased the franchise. All he gets given was the name Hornets not the history. The Bobcats past is their past team. Surprised this is even being discussed because they were given a gift of the name...now the are asking to have all the history as well? I hope not

Just to let y'all know the OP is talking crap about the message board:

So, I've been reading about how the NBA is probably going to take the 1988-02 history of their franchise and give it back to the soon to be Charlotte Hornets 2.0. I wanted to write a little something on how the Pelicans feel about losing that history. I went over to the "Pelicans Report" and told 'em what's up. Did they get angry? sad? Did they agree? I have no fuging clue what these inbred french *******s are even saying. I live in the modern era where most people talk in slang or just down right butcher the English language... I just.. I just don't even know what is coming out of their mouths. Much like Saints fans during the bounty gate and how they blamed Rodger Gordell for trying to take down the Saints. Pelicans fans now believe that the new commish Adem Sliver is conspiring to take down the Pelicans. We live in such a multicultural world yet I don't think it's a good idea to breed the French with Rednecks while tossing in some inbreeding for the past 300 years.

Here is my favorite post so far..

The Charlotte GM should also be fired since he let Anthony Davis leave for absolutely no compensation after his rookie year. Do you see how stupid this conversation is, if the jersey said New Orleans on the front, then it is New Orleans history. Plus not that they are very memorable, but are we to believe Charlotte had 2 teams the last 10 years or are the Bobcats just being swept under the rug?
    I'll let you try and figure out what's being said here.

The few who cannot read as well are upset that "we's gonehav our Anthony Davis histroy takem from us"

While my family and my genes will live on in this worlds gene pool for ages, I can say without a doubt our friends who built below sea level will not be so lucky as I.
    http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...pelicans-fans/

Alright redrum, go get em.

**** this guy. Get outta here, man.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Alright redrum, go get em.

**** this guy. Get outta here, man.
    I should have been nicer
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I should have been nicer
    I will respectfully eat a nice plate of crow on this one, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Woah. That's really intense. Coming here under the guise of genuine conversation and all you take away is a few poor posts instead of honest discussion. FOH man. I guess this is what happens when your franchise is the gold standard of humiliation. I always liked the Bobcats because of the shared history but fans like that make it hard to like them. Back to the sewer with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

It is simple, the NBA has never done this. If they want to show history as that of a city, then by all means give Charlotte the LJ, ZO era. This opens a strange can of worms however, does Minnesota get the early Lakers as TWolves history? Do the Jazz years in N.O. become part of Hornican lore? So far the NBA has always presented everything as the journey of a franchise, no matter how many name changes there are. This is a unique case because they allowed a name to be reclaimed, but the franchise that is changing is the Bobcats and I do not think they want to somehow intertwine history in such a confusing way.

In moments like these i recall that simpsons quote about charlotte being named hitler city in earlier times. What a ******

All-Star
    I wonder if topic starter will have courage and dignity to come here again and explain himself. What a ....

By the way if 1988-2002 history is officially taken from us it will not change anything. Because facts will remain facts. And it's the only thing that matters. You can't just take someone's history and claim it yours. It contradicts common sense.

Yeah, I got into a nice little argument the other day with someone who was talking trash about Louisiana and how stupid we were. Right before that they said New Orleans Mardi Gras was on their bucket list.

So I pointed out to them that, "Yeah we are so stupid and inbred but people come here and say 'This is the best food I've ever eaten'. We're so stupid an inbred but all the TV shows you love were filmed down here. We're so stupid and inbred but we get YOUR women to expose themselves for PLASTIC beads. Yeah. We are the stupid ones."

Don't expect the OP to come back. He's not man enough. Just some northerner that comes here and then talks trash about us and how awful Louisiana is. Yet somewhere on the internet I bet there's pictures of his wife. Most Northerners are hypocrites when talking about us.

Even his "comment I loved the most" wasn't that bad. He tried to paint us as awful and not understandable but then posts a well reasoned argument that points out the flawed logic he was trying to use. I can only assume that he's a writer on Bleacher Reports. Which is like saying I'm a doctor because I play Doctor Mario.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Is Carolina considered "Northern"?

So did he give us our HISTERY?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Is Carolina considered "Northern"?

So did he give us our HISTERY?
    I would make an account to come help you out, man, but I really don't want these scumbags getting a hold of my personal info. We need a mod to get this guy out of here and to back us.

I'm good, I do this to you guys all the time I figure I should contribute more.

It's sorta been done before with the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore Ravens move (Cleveland kept their stats and history), but that was a clean cut deal despite a 3-year gap. And the Browns didn't go from the Browns to the Cacti back to the Browns.

I'd rather the Pelicans keep all of their history, but I'm not even sure that's what makes the most sense. I'm in California, so I have no geographical tie to either place. I think if I lived in NO, I wouldn't care, and if I lived in Charlotte, I'd be all for it.

I think what I dislike is this: I feel like I'm a fan of the same team now as I was back in the early 90s. With this, the NBA would be telling me no, you are no longer a fan of that team.
    "If all you're going on is my confession, forget it. I'm simply not credible." -Dale Gribble

Poor Posts, HUH, and you guys tell me to be nice.
    I deleted my posts because I did not want to argue anymore, but they were valid. Some people on here were saying who cares about the past, take whatever history you want, I was just showing what that attitude was really saying.
    To clarify I wasn't speaking to your argument but the sentence structure as poor. It took me a few times reading that to figure out what you meant. I am as guilty as anyone at getting ahead of myself and not writing sentences that make sense as well.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Lmao those are retawded... 'scuse mah red neck spellin' an mah unedjucated ness

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Lmao those are retawded... 'scuse mah red neck spellin' an mah unedjucated ness
    They won't come out to play that's for sure. Dude has one weird Appalachian State of Mind

Whoa double dat post

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    They won't come out to play that's for sure. Dude has one weird Appalachian State of Mind
    Guy calls us out for being unintelligible inbred trash... While using broken sentences, bad grammar, and spelling errors lol

My thing is how can a guy from the Carolinas call someone else's state inbred trash. Pot I have someone you need to meet.

In the NHL, the Winnipeg Jets returned via relocation but they didn't get their old history back (which now belongs to the Phoenix Coyotes). So there's a precedent already existing in a different league. Doesn't mean it's right but it is what it is.
    asdfghjkl;'

Thread Information