Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dell Should Wait for 2015

All I know is that next year Monty better have his offense being run by 2 guards (TE & JH). Two guards constantly running P&R and attacking the baskets will be a nightmare for opposing defense. As for AG, he can come off the bench if we cant trade him in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    All I know is that next year Monty better have his offense being run by 2 guards (TE & JH). Two guards constantly running P&R and attacking the baskets will be a nightmare for opposing defense. As for AG, he can come off the bench if we cant trade him in the off season.
    Who is AG?
    You mean Eric Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    Pout.

According to unverifiable "sources," Gordon's first in the league in PPP (pouts per game), trailed only by our very own former Hornet, Mr David West, who has shown a personal preference for the "scowl" over the "pout."
    Pouts per game......wouldn't that be PPG not PPP?
    Maybe pouts per possession?

I say trade Gordon for peanuts this offseason and sign a mid level C (Jordan Hill) and SF (Marvin Williams or Thabo Sefolosha). Also, offer Morrow a 3-4 million a year short deal to be the backup SG/SF. We could then move one of these smaller pieces to sign a 10-12 million a year player in 2015. Dell and Monty do not have the luxury to wait. Ryan Anderson is a big question mark to be a consistent force next year coming off neck surgery. I am personally tired of waiting, and I hope Tom Benson and most Pelicans fans are too.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-09-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I say trade Gordon for peanuts this offseason and sign a mid level C (Jordan Hill) and SF (Marvin Williams or Thabo Sefolosha). Also, offer Morrow a 3-4 million a year short deal to be the backup SG/SF. We could then move one of these smaller pieces to sign a 10-12 million a year player in 2015. Dell and Monty do not have the luxury to wait. Ryan Anderson is a big question mark to be a consistent force next year coming off next surgery. I am personally tired of waiting, and I hope Tom Benson and most Pelicans fans are too.
    And who's giving up peanuts for him?

Nobody. Unless those peanuts are laced with acid.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    And who's giving up peanuts for him?
    Maybe Milwaukee, Detroit (if they lose/trade Monroe), or Philadelphia... Do you see any solid players willingly signing with Milwaukee or Philadelphia over the next couple years without getting seriously overpaid?
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-09-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Milwaukee is getting sold and if you are the new owner, you don't want your first move to be trading for Eric Gordon.

Dumars is leaving Detroit. New GM. Aint trading for Gordon.

Philly has no desire to add payroll or to try to win next year.

Only small possibility I see is New York. Amare or Bargnani and Felton for Gordon might interest them a little bit. 2% chance. Otherwise, only chance is to take on a bigger contract like Josh Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Milwaukee is getting sold and if you are the new owner, you don't want your first move to be trading for Eric Gordon.

Dumars is leaving Detroit. New GM. Aint trading for Gordon.

Philly has no desire to add payroll or to try to win next year.

Only small possibility I see is New York. Amare or Bargnani and Felton for Gordon might interest them a little bit. 2% chance. Otherwise, only chance is to take on a bigger contract like Josh Smith.
    What is a realistic first move for Milwaukee? Gordon is a solid player on the right team with a 2-year deal. I don't think it is completely unrealistic. It is all speculation anyway. If they offer a turd and a 2nd round pick for Gordon, I would take it.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-09-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Gordon is a 7-8 mil a year player, even on the "right team". His scoring efficiency is slightly above average, and he gives you nothing anywhere else. Guys like Nick Young and Anthony Morrow have provided the exact same thing this year for 1/15th the price.

He has one of the three worst contracts in the league, always gets hurt, and has never been liked by anybody in any locker room. He provides nothing to a team that you can't find in the bargain bin in free agency. Can't see why any team would want him under any circumstance

Gordon is a 7-8 mil a year player, even on the "right team". His scoring efficiency is slightly above average, and he gives you nothing anywhere else. Guys like Nick Young and Anthony Morrow have provided the exact same thing this year for 1/15th the price.

He has one of the three worst contracts in the league, always gets hurt, and has never been liked by anybody in any locker room. He provides nothing to a team that you can't find in the bargain bin in free agency. Can't see why any team would want him under any circumstance
    Will a 7-8 million dollar a year player (value) be willing to sign with Milwaukee for 7-8 million a year? Gordon has 2 years left of being overpaid instead of 4-5 years. He is at least better than O.J. Mayo.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-09-2014 at 10:03 PM.

If we do end up being stuck with Gordon. I say play him in the "6th man" second unit role that Evans was supposed to play this year, giving him about 25 minutes a game. Evans would start at SG, and we could go after Marvin Williams to start at SF. We would then have to sign another Stiemsma-esque player (hopefully better than Stiemsma) to get 15-20 minutes at center.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.

OJ Mayo's contract is way better. Neither player helps you win. One counts for 8 mil against cap, the other 15 mil.

Only contract that is worse going into next year is Gerald Wallace IMO.

Nobody. Unless those peanuts are laced with acid.
    LOL

MM, when is that piece about the stetch provision coming out?
    I'm looking forward to it.

Also what happened to the Pod Cast this week?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    MM, when is that piece about the stetch provision coming out?
    I'm looking forward to it.

Also what happened to the Pod Cast this week?
    Piece comes out at 9:30 tomorrow. Podcast is taping tomorrow night. Up late Thurs/early Friday

Piece comes out at 9:30 tomorrow. Podcast is taping tomorrow night. Up late Thurs/early Friday
    Thanks....was wondering what had happened because I usually listen to it on my Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I say trade Gordon for peanuts this offseason and sign a mid level C (Jordan Hill) and SF (Marvin Williams or Thabo Sefolosha). Also, offer Morrow a 3-4 million a year short deal to be the backup SG/SF. We could then move one of these smaller pieces to sign a 10-12 million a year player in 2015. Dell and Monty do not have the luxury to wait. Ryan Anderson is a big question mark to be a consistent force next year coming off neck surgery. I am personally tired of waiting, and I hope Tom Benson and most Pelicans fans are too.
    The youngest team in the NBA doesn't have the luxury to wait? Or do you not have the patience to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The youngest team in the NBA doesn't have the luxury to wait? Or do you not have the patience to wait?
    Pel's are not the youngest team in the NBA....the 76er's are....both in experience and age.

This shouldn't be an excuse anymore......look at the Rockets there doing okay.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

The Pels top six players missed 162 games due to injury, the Rockets top 6 missed 53, with the Patrick Beverely accounting for about half of those games.

If Jason Smith had missed the same number of games as Beverely and our top 5 only misse 30 games combined, I say this is a 45-48 win team, no?

Pouts per game......wouldn't that be PPG not PPP?
    Maybe pouts per possession?

You're absolutely correct! Pouts per possession is clearly the better statistic to go with here to account for variations in playtime. Or perhaps Guru could provide us with his pouts per36?

And what about the wolves ? They're in win-now mode with Kevin Love's free agency looming, they also need to sell some hope to its fanbase if Love leaves and they have a locker-room cancer that they are desperate to get rid off (Barea). Something like Gordon for Turiaf/Barea/Mbah a Moute or Budinger would work for both team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    And what about the wolves ? They're in win-now mode with Kevin Love's free agency looming, they also need to sell some hope to its fanbase if Love leaves and they have a locker-room cancer that they are desperate to get rid off (Barea). Something like Gordon for Turiaf/Barea/Mbah a Moute or Budinger would work for both team.
    Martin is already there. Two small SG's (Gordon height, Martin weight) who can score but don't provide much else. Don't see the fit. They need a rim protector and a PG who can actually shoot

Pel's are not the youngest team in the NBA....the 76er's are....both in experience and age.

This shouldn't be an excuse anymore......look at the Rockets there doing okay.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison
    You're right. They're top 4/5 youngest. That changes everything!

The Rockets are in a completely different situation. One being health. They also have two Allstars on the team who are in their prime. Our best player is 21.

We improved our record while being severely injured this year. People are trying to hit the fast forward button on our team. Sadly that's not how it works. We knew this team was a few years out last year, but suddenly people are saying we should be better than we are... With the injuries? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Monty hasn't exactly been a stellar coach (losing record for 3 straight seasons with regular late game collapses) and Benson isn't getting younger.

Thread Information