Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dell Should Wait for 2015

Stats show Eric Gordon is an astronaut.
    That was easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

www. nbawowy.com

Inner GI, your stats are bogus. There is no way that Evans Davis combo averages over two made three pointers a game. I doubt Evans shoots twenty percent from long distance. Your information has Evans around 33%. No way

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Inner GI, your stats are bogus. There is no way that Evans Davis combo averages over two made three pointers a game. I doubt Evans shoots twenty percent from long distance. Your information has Evans around 33%. No way
    The numbers are close across the board no matter the source. You just have to know how to read the information.

Basketball-Reference says Davis/Evans are +1.7 points per 100 better than Davis/Gordon.
    NBA.com says Davis/Evans are +2.4 points per 100 better than Davis/Gordon.

You are the biggest troll on this board when it comes to stats. You claim all this **** about stats. People give you stats that prove you wrong, and you point to some crappy website, but yet you don't provide any stats....

Just stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    You are the biggest troll on this board when it comes to stats. You claim all this **** about stats. People give you stats that prove you wrong, and you point to some crappy website, but yet you don't provide any stats....

Just stop!
    He's a troll man. Let him troll on.

If you've watched the Pelicans play this season, it is pretty obvious
    that Tyreke and AD are the better combination. When you factor in the contracts its not even a discussion.

would love to see what James Young could do on this team. If he finds himself in the late teens/early 20s and a pick can be acquired via cash we NEED to do it

I stated in my premise that Davis plays better Gordon than Evans. You can call me names but you cannot refute my numbers that Davis plays better with Gordon. According to your numbers:

Lineup GP Min FGM FGA FG% 3FGM 3pFGA 3FG%
    Davis/Gordon 55 27.7 22.3 47.5 47% 3.0 7.8 39%
    Davis/Evans 59 19.1 15 32 47% 2.1 6 34.9%

Evans has attempted less than 85 three pointers this year. According to your data, the duo would have attempted around 354 three pointers since they average six per game. So are you saying Davis attempted over 250 three point shoots? Secondly, please explain how the Davis/Evans duo is shooting 34.9% from distance. I promise not to TROLL on this site if you explain Davis/Evans three points shooting stats.

I stated in my premise that Davis plays better Gordon than Evans. You can call me names but you cannot refute my numbers that Davis plays better with Gordon. According to your numbers:

LineupGPMinFGMFGAFG%3FGM3pFGA3FG%
    Davis/Gordon5527.722.347.547%3.07.839%
    Davis/Evans5919.1153247%2.1634.9%

Evans has attempted less than 85 three pointers this year. According to your data, the duo would have attempted around 354 three pointers since they average six per game. So are you saying Davis attempted over 250 three point shoots? Secondly, please explain how the Davis/Evans duo is shooting 34.9% from distance. I promise not to TROLL on this site if you explain Davis/Evans three points shooting stats.
    Provide your stats. I got mine from basketball reference, I think you are ready the stats incorrectly as well.

Ginsberg: Without question, rebounding; especially on the defensive side of the ball. While Robin Lopez’s individual defensive rebounding numbers last season were pretty poor, the team as a whole rebounded far better while he was on the floor (over 3% higher defensive rebound rate with Lopez on the court, per nbawowy.com). The team needs to find a way to account for his size down low, or else opposing centers will have their way on the glass. It’s going to be tough for thin frames such as Stiemsma and Withey to keep some of the stronger big men in this league off of the boards.

As you stated: You are the biggest troll on this board when it comes to stats. You claim all this **** about stats. People give you stats that prove you wrong, and you point to some crappy website,....

Guess nbawowy is the same crappy reference source used by those BSS bloggers. So use the this crappy website to provide me wrong. It is strange that your great source has the duo taking that many three pointers. Just check the Pelicans site for Davis and Evans three attempts.
    Last edited by durun; 04-09-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Durun- I think all that people are asking for is that you show a link to stats and maybe state some specifics when you make a claim like,
    "Davis is clearly better with Gordon on the court as opposed to Tyreke"

Say that, then show the data, then share the link. If you did that in your first post, the next ten posts of bickering could have been avoided. With that said, here is the data per the NBA's official media tool (I could give the link, but nobody else could access). I will do his Per 36 numbers to even it out.

Davis w/ Gordon on court (1526 minutes): 21.4 ppg, 52.2% FG, 10.2 rebs
    Davis w/o Gordon on court (832 mins) : 21.1 ppg, 51.3% FG, 10.4 rebs

Very similar stats. When you look into specifics, he gets into the paint more and shoots a slightly higher percentage when Gordon is off the court, but he hits his mid-range at a much higher clip with Gordon on the court (42.2%) than off the court (35.5%).

The thing that stands out most, though, is how the TEAM does in each situation. With Davis on and Gordon OFF, they are a +1.0 per 36 minutes. With Davis on and Gordon ON, they are a -3.2 per 36 minutes. So, while Davis is slightly better because his mid-range shot falls a bit more often, the team isn't as successful.

Davis w/ Tyreke on court (1157 mins): 20.7 pts, 14.25 FGA's, 52.6% FG, 10.3 rebs
    Davis w/ Tyreke off court (1201 mins): 21.8 pts, 16.4 FGA's, 51.4% FG, 10.2 rebs

Basically, Davis gets 2 more shot attempts and scores one more point. As expected, he gets more shots in the paint with Tyreke in the game, and he makes those shots at a slightly higher clip ( 60.4 % vs. 57.8% )

As for the team, the Pelicans are -2.8 with both Tyreke and Davis on the floor and -0.7 with Davis on and Tyreke off.

Hope that settles things, and maybe we can get back on topic.
    @mcnamara247

Wait. So the team is -0.7 with Davis on the floor? Something is throwing all these stats off then. Any stat that indicates Davis is a negative should be burned with fire.

I'm just completely guessing because I haven't done the research but this must be due to him playing against other staters with an injury ridden team around him. Skewering his stats.

With that said, I'm not interested in how Davis performs next to Gordon or Tyreke as much as I'm interested in how Gordon and Tyreke perform in general while on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Wait. So the team is -0.7 with Davis on the floor? Something is throwing all these stats off then. Any stat that indicates Davis is a negative should be burned with fire.

I'm just completely guessing because I haven't done the research but this must be due to him playing against other staters with an injury ridden team around him. Skewering his stats.

With that said, I'm not interested in how Davis performs next to Gordon or Tyreke as much as I'm interested in how Gordon and Tyreke perform in general while on the court.
    -0.7 with Davis on and Tyreke off. Considering this team is -2.6 on the year, that is pretty good.

But yeah, overall they are -1.8 with him on and -3.7 with him off.

Back when we had at least 3-4 of our studs, his on/off splits were much better, but there is only so much one guy can do when he is plaing with guys like Roberts, Aminu, and Stiemsma for the majority of the game.

I based my analysis on scoring efficiency, shooting percentage and attempts. To me looking at a player’s stat line of points per game is a total waste because it does not account for volume of shots.
    But these stats stood out to me:

Poss 2 pt attps 2 pt % Scoring Eff
    AD 1145 211 48 48
    Evans 1145 258 43 41

AD 1869 511 51 51
    EG 1869 457 45 51

The fact is Evans takes more shots than AD while playing together. That alone to me indicates a very serious flaw in Evans’ game. There is another part of Evans' game that so many seem to ignore: SPACING! How does Evans inability to create space impact others? In the BR report a few days ago, there from Monty about the team needing shooters to make Davis even more unstoppable. Given Monty's comment, I believe that Gordon is better fit.

I based my analysis on scoring efficiency, shooting percentage and attempts. To me looking at a player’s stat line of points per game is a total waste because it does not account for volume of shots.

Poss 2 pt attps 2 pt % Scoring Eff
    AD 1145 211 48 48
    Evans 1145 258 43 41

AD 1869 511 51 51
    EG 1869 457 45 51

The fact is Evans takes more shots than AD while playing together. That alone to me indicates a very serious flaw in Evans’ game. There is another part of Evans' game that so many seem to ignore: SPACING! How does Evans inability to create space impact others? In the BR report a few days ago, there from Monty about the team needing shooters to make Davis even more unstoppable. Given Monty's comment, I believe that Gordon is better fit.
    Evans- Jrue- insert FA shooter- Ryno- Davis

That is plenty of shooting with Evans being a creator half the time. Yes, Evans on the court with Aminu and Stiemsma really hurts Davis as far as spacing, but that won't be a problem when we have the real roster. Scoring can be replaced, heck Morrow has put up numbers this past month that are equivalent to Gordon. You can get points for cheap. Nick Young is putting up Gordon numbers. Both Young and Morrow are league min. guys. But Tyreke can create, can grab boards, and can get to the line. You can't get guys like that for the league min.

Poss2 pt attps2 pt %Scoring Eff
    AD11452114848
    Evans11452584341

AD18695115151
    EG18694574551

What about other parts of the game like assists and rebounding? Trying to evaluate two players and ignoring everything but pure shooting/scoring seems very unbalanced
    and might tend to skewer stats one way or the other.

I'm more interested in overall production, not just who scores more. I think scoring will be the least of our worries on a fully healthy team.

Build around the overpaid, emotional, unstable, chronically injured, curmudgeon, cancer!!!!!!!!!!!

Having your worst shooter taking the most attempts is a recipe for another lottery pick. Yes Evans can create with the dribble but he can not create spacing without the ball. RA can stand behind the three line and space for his teammates. AD percentages go down with Evans.

Having your worst shooter taking the most attempts is a recipe for another lottery pick. Yes Evans can create with the dribble but he can not create spacing without the ball. RA can stand behind the three line and space for his teammates. AD percentages go down with Evans.
    So your answer is no, you just want to focus on shooting and pretend that's all that matters. I see you aren't trying to actually have a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    If the Raps can trade Bargnini then any contract can get traded
    Really though at least Barganani has a role and can do one thing pretty well.

Gordon used to do several things well but name me one thing he does "pretty well" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post

Gordon used to do several things well but name me one thing he does "pretty well" at this point.
    Drive to the basket and not get calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post

Pout.

According to unverifiable "sources," Gordon's first in the league in PPP (pouts per game), trailed only by our very own former Hornet, Mr David West, who has shown a personal preference for the "scowl" over the "pout."

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    Pout.

According to unverifiable "sources," Gordon's first in the league in PPP (pouts per game), trailed only by our very own former Hornet, Mr David West, who has shown a personal preference for the "scowl" over the "pout."
    Lies. No one pouts more than the Clippers. . .which ironically makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lies. No one pouts more than the Clippers. . .which ironically makes sense.
    Ah but you forget -- EG was a Clipper before the Clippers were FlopCity. Gordon taught them everything they know about poutting.
    Last edited by SeaLegs; 04-09-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Thread Information