Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Should Wait for 2015

Dell Should Wait for 2015

Last year, nobody liked my idea to move the 2014 pick at its peak value, so I am expected another negative reaction to this idea. But to me, its the way to go

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...ummer-of-2015/
    @mcnamara247

I like the idea, but IMO dell and Monty try to keep their jobs instead of waiting for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I like the idea, but IMO dell and Monty try to keep their jobs instead of waiting for 2015.
    Could have best of both worlds. This exact team plus Tyson, Jrue, and Ryno is probably a playoff team. Plus it has 15 mil to spend in 2015 summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    As I said to you on twitter, I think this team with a healthy Jrue and Ryno can absolutely afford to be patient AND appease Benson. The team as it's playing now with Jrue and Ryno added is easily a 40-45 win team and that could climb into playoff numbers.

Oh how I wish we were in the East. Just not fair.
    Wherehappens.

I think that if you start over the season today, this team we see right now wins 36-40. Add Ryno and Jrue to that and it's a 45-48 win team. Subtract EG and add Tyson- possible 50.

Plus we can't forget, AD will be even better next year

I thought we should have been more patient. I just don't see how Demps or Williams has time to wait to improve this team. This is assuming both make it past this off season(which I believe will be the case). I think another missed playoff season will be the last for both.

Dell Should Wait for 2015

Again, I don't see where they lost patience. They added two guys who are a year older than MCW. They traded out of what appears to be one of the worst classes ever and another draft that now looks average, especially when you get past first three prospects.

The only mistake was Gordon and that happened the summer before. Rid yourself of that mistake and you are right back on track with one of the youngest teams in NBA that also happens to be one of the most talented

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Dell hit on Tyreke, Jrue & Rhyno.
    Injuries are not his fault. (assuming the player hasn't had a history of them. I'm looking at you, EJ.)

He also as you put it, "pulls solid players out of thin air". These players can later be used to fill out the roster or trade up.

I trust the plan, Dealer Dell!

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    2012-13 W/L 27-55
    2013-14 W/L 32-42* so far,

*with many crippling injuries

Losing Dell would cripple the franchise. I'd rather lose Monty first, even then I am apprehensive to lose him as well.

I say we look to trade Gordon for peanuts or a mid lottery pick (if we somehow find a willing team) ride out next season with a stop-gap SF.

The most likely scenario tho will be mostly the same roster next year with Evans starting at SF. That should get us into the playoffs.

Shipping Gordon to sign Deng would be all to nice tho lol.
    Jrue dat

Love the idea.

How much do you think Butler, Asik, and Vucevic are currently worth both personally and market value wise?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

This team is going to look enticing to a key free agent in 2015 if we have the cap to sign them with Eric's contract off the books... I like it. We won't be a contender next year either way, might as well develop more chemistry with the current team & between cap space in 2015 & our draft pick can become a serious contender

I think a lot depends on how much the cap goes up this year. There are projections for $63 million which would give the Pelicans about $7.5 million if they cut everyone cuttable and brought scrubs or their replacements back on minimum deals. Adding another max player like Gasol seems like a pipe dream, certainly shaky enough that you wouldn't stake your job on the move. I say if you can get a Gortat for $7.5 this year you do it. If you can't that does put you in an interesting place with your 2014 MLE. Maybe you sign a Richard Jefferson for 1/$5 as a stop gap to preserve cap space?

The Franchise    Contributor   

I'd love to get back Tyson - and NYC does need scoring, but does EG fit in the triangle? I've never really understood who does or doesn't. He'd have to fit the triangle, and the Knicks are also going to be going fishing for marquee guys in 15 so would they have space for Melo, EG and a max or near max guy that summer. Would they? Please say this is possible, even in an internet post possible sort of way, much less an actually happen sort of way...

ESPN insider article today mentions that the Pelicans have lost more player wins to injury than any other team in the NBA this year

I tend to agree with your column 100% I think that 2014 doesn't give us the answer we need. I do think that there is direction that maybe we dont agree with as the team will be built goes. Is it that we are certain that Dell/Monty doesn't ever want to see a team of Jrue/Evans/Gordon/Davis/Anderson as the team? If we are certain that is the case then yes we need Gordon's value to go up in 2014 by all means. We kept him healthy all year so that helps now we just need to improve his efficiency and scoring load when in the game, he sometimes takes breaks as we all know.

If we can move him for nothing that would be a win if in any scenario we can land 2 of those pieces from the list of 3's and 5's.

I'm all for it...
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Tyson has declined a little and injury prone, by then he will probably be nearly done.

I'd give a max deal to Kawhi just because of the fit though

Kawhi is a no-brainer Max

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

If Kawhi Leonard is a max player, almost everyone in the NBA is seriously underpaid

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Tyson has declined a little and injury prone, by then he will probably be nearly done.

I'd give a max deal to Kawhi just because of the fit though
    Without a doubt about Kawhi, but I feel like the Spurs will match anything.
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    If Kawhi Leonard is a max player, almost everyone in the NBA is seriously underpaid
    To get a RFA of a moderate to high level, you have to pay the max. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    To get a RFA of a moderate to high level, you have to pay the max. It's that simple.
    Yeah, I know which is why you simply don't go after him.
    Last edited by Sovereign; 04-01-2014 at 09:21 PM.

I will like to see the team back next season fully healthy with maybe a minor upgrade at the SF position.

I agree that something has to be done before AD gets his max. Honestly I don't care which year. If we can trade and get a player that is the perfect fit this summer I'm fine with it because it gives us our core a year early. If it takes until 2015 that's fine too. Just as long as it happens before AD has to be signed. If we can work out a S&T for a player we want a year early, great. That's fine.

I honestly would do everything in my power to move Gordon. I'd give a 1st and Pierre. I'd do a 3 team trade and give up Roberts, Pierre, picks, anything. Depending who we were getting back I'd be willing to move Rivers. If we get a C back I'm willing to give up Withey. I'll drive Gordon to the airport, I'll say nice things, I'll take his mom out for a nice steak dinner. Whatever needs to be done. Just get gone.

Thread Information