Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Should Wait for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I agree that something has to be done before AD gets his max. Honestly I don't care which year. If we can trade and get a player that is the perfect fit this summer I'm fine with it because it gives us our core a year early. If it takes until 2015 that's fine too. Just as long as it happens before AD has to be signed. If we can work out a S&T for a player we want a year early, great. That's fine.

I honestly would do everything in my power to move Gordon. I'd give a 1st and Pierre. I'd do a 3 team trade and give up Roberts, Pierre, picks, anything. Depending who we were getting back I'd be willing to move Rivers. If we get a C back I'm willing to give up Withey. I'll drive Gordon to the airport, I'll say nice things, I'll take his mom out for a nice steak dinner. Whatever needs to be done. Just get gone.
    Wait to you read a piece that one of our writers is putting up this week on this team with and without him. Not even a guy who normally hates Gordon, just did some digging and was blown away, so he is doing a piece on a few things, including Gordon.

The guy has to go by any means necessary, as soon as possible. The dark cloud hanging over an otherwise very bright future.
    @mcnamara247

In Dell I Trust
    Don't worry
    Be Happy

"Here I give you my phone number
    When you worry call me, I make you happy
    Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh
    (Don't worry)
    Ooh oo-ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh
    (Be happy)
    Ooh oo-ooh oo-ooh
    Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
    Ain't got no girl to make you smile
    But don't worry be happy
    'Cause when you worry
    Your face will frown
    And that will bring everybody down
    So don't worry, be happy
    Don't worry, be happy now"
    Bob Marley

Dell be giving all the free agents his phone # to play with AD
    If you build it they will come
    Money Money that's all I want in 2015
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 04-01-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Yeah, I know which is why you simply don't go after him.
    Eh agree to disagree.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Wait to you read a piece that one of our writers is putting up this week on this team with and without him. Not even a guy who normally hates Gordon, just did some digging and was blown away, so he is doing a piece on a few things, including Gordon.

The guy has to go by any means necessary, as soon as possible. The dark cloud hanging over an otherwise very bright future.
    Can't wait. I was really hoping he would play at a high level before the deadline and we could move him. Sadly that didn't happen.

Honestly. If I'm Dell and I can't move him by any means, I bench him for all of next season and tell him he will never play again while a Pelican. I try and force his hand to want to get out as bad as possible. I basically do everything in my power that is legal to make him hate being here and HAVE to leave. Maybe it's a jerk thing to do, and maybe some people see it as unethical but I still do it for the greater good and I sleep easy at night knowing I'm doing the best thing for the team.

Can't wait. I was really hoping he would play at a high level before the deadline and we could move him. Sadly that didn't happen.

Honestly. If I'm Dell and I can't move him by any means, I bench him for all of next season and tell him he will never play again while a Pelican. I try and force his hand to want to get out as bad as possible. I basically do everything in my power that is legal to make him hate being here and HAVE to leave. Maybe it's a jerk thing to do, and maybe some people see it as unethical but I still do it for the greater good and I sleep easy at night knowing I'm doing the best thing for the team.
    Tell it like it is
    Ask Asik
    GP MPG FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% RPG APG BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG PPG
    2013-14 Regular Season 39 18.4 1.7-3.4 .504 0.0-0.0 .000 1.3-2.1 .617 6.3 0.6 0.6 0.2 1.8 1.1 4.7
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 04-01-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Tell it like it is
    Ask Asik
    I'm not sure how to take that. Lol

Difference was Houston was trying to get a 1st rounder for him. I just want Gordon to opt out which is in his power to do.

I'm not sure how to take that. Lol

Difference was Houston was trying to get a 1st rounder for him. I just want Gordon to opt out which is in his power to do.
    If you were an I instead of a O you would be golden

If you were an I instead of a O you would be golden
    Thank. . .you. And if you subtract one D you're DR J!

Thank. . .you. And if you subtract one D you're DR J!
    And if you subtracted a 1 I would be DRDJ which is who I am!
    Hence all the music references in my posts!!

And if you subtracted a 1 I would be DRDJ which is who I am!
    Are you a Doctor who moonlights as a DJ or the Doctor of DJ's?

Are you a Doctor who moonlights as a DJ or the Doctor of DJ's?
    Both

Last year, nobody liked my idea to move the 2014 pick at its peak value, so I am expected another negative reaction to this idea. But to me, its the way to go

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...ummer-of-2015/
    Another great thought provoking post by MMcN
    Hate to be disagreeable at times but you have to admit you invite it

Thanks
    Take flight

Both
    In that case we need you to go help out the Pelicans. We're having some injury issues right now. Nothing like techno music and dubstep to help heal broken bones and herniated discs.

Pelicans recovery playlist:
    Ryno: Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing" and "Protect ya neck"
    Jrue: "Stanky Leg" and "Shake a Leg"
    Jason: "(Not Just) Knee Deep"
    EG: " I don't want to miss a thing"
    Austin: "Little doc" "Don't Stop Believin'"
    A-Mo: "Hit ME with your best shot" (Fire away)
    Greg Steimsa: "Give a little bit" (Just a little bit)
    Alexis Ajinca: "Non Je ne Regrette Rien"
    Tyreke: "Hit um up"
    Babitt: "White Rabbit"
    Brian Roberts: "Don't pass me by"
    Jeff Whithey: "Stand and Deliver"
    Pierre Jackson: "Everybody plays the fool"
    Darius Miller: "Ice Ice Baby"
    AFA: "Big Chief"
    Anthony Davis: " Your The ONE"

We should go after Jonah Bolden in the 2015 draft if he declares..
    The dude is my mate, 6"10 SF has a body identical to Durant's and a similar style, his quickly climbing up the ranks, and is invited to play in the Drew League.
    The dude could be a STUD.

So is there a greater chance Gordon is traded in the off season, the trade deadline or does he opt out in 2015/16?

Knowing our luck he wont opt out.

If the Pelicans can get Gordon’s contract off the books, they can go into the Summer of 2015 with 15-20 million dollars in cap room depending on what they do with some other minor players. The Core Four are on the books for about 37.5 million dollars that year. The Pelicans will also have an option on Austin Rivers for $3.1 million that they are likely to pick up. Even if you add in Pierre Jackson, Jeff Withey, and a role player or two like Anthony Morrow, the Pelicans could have plenty of space to go get a major piece. They will have no space if they can’t get Gordon’s contract off the books.

I highly doubt it but can they not extend Anderson in 2014/15 before his last year?
    Or does that contract need to be non-guaranteed to be extended?

This way the 'core four' would be under the cap even if Gordon does opt in.

Why are people still beating the "Trade Eric Gordon" horse? That was the plan, If they could have move'd him thay would have. They rolled the dice on matching his max deal from the Suns (which I don't necessarilly fault them for when looking at it with out the "Hindsight 20/20 glasses" but they crapped out. I'm sure they will keep offering him but clearly no one wants that contract, and rightfully so.

Is there a scenerio where he plays out next season and is just cut before opting in for the 2015-2016 season?

Anyway IMO trading him is just pie-in-the-sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Why are people still beating the "Trade Eric Gordon" horse? That was the plan, If they could have move'd him thay would have. They rolled the dice on matching his max deal from the Suns (which I don't necessarilly fault them for when looking at it with out the "Hindsight 20/20 glasses" but they crapped out. I'm sure they will keep offering him but clearly no one wants that contract, and rightfully so.

Is there a scenerio where he plays out next season and is just cut before opting in for the 2015-2016 season?

Anyway IMO trading him is just pie-in-the-sky.
    He can't be cut. The only ways we can lose him and his cap hit is either through trade, he opts out, or his contract finishes.

He can't be cut. The only ways we can lose him and his cap hit is either through trade, he opts out, or his contract finishes.
    Well the Pels will have to suck it up and expect him to have two more years with him. And hope for some level of production though we all know he'll never produce to the level of his contract. Perhaps someone takes him on as an expiring in 2015-2016.

Tapatalkin

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If the Pelicans can get Gordon’s contract off the books, they can go into the Summer of 2015 with 15-20 million dollars in cap room depending on what they do with some other minor players. The Core Four are on the books for about 37.5 million dollars that year. The Pelicans will also have an option on Austin Rivers for $3.1 million that they are likely to pick up. Even if you add in Pierre Jackson, Jeff Withey, and a role player or two like Anthony Morrow, the Pelicans could have plenty of space to go get a major piece. They will have no space if they can’t get Gordon’s contract off the books.

I highly doubt it but can they not extend Anderson in 2014/15 before his last year?
    Or does that contract need to be non-guaranteed to be extended?

This way the 'core four' would be under the cap even if Gordon does opt in.
    Maybe. But even if we could (which I'm not sure) what would be the point of extending Anderson early? We will have his rights so we can match any contract offered him at the end of his current deal anyway.

The entire point of what we are talking about is use this time before Ad's max to get the players we need and then go into or near the luxury tax to resign our team and compete for rings. But this only works if we can get the players before AD's max. Once that hits you are constantly forced into having to move one of our core guys to find a better fit. We are in a very unique position to build our team while our superstar is cheap and then keep them when he isn't anymore. Gotta do everything in our power to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Well the Pels will have to suck it up and expect him to have two more years with him. And hope for some level of production though we all know he'll never produce to the level of his contract. Perhaps someone takes him on as an expiring in 2015-2016.

Tapatalkin
    Yes. That would be our last ditch effort to get a final piece/pieces for this team. Find a cap strapped team at the trade deadline that needs to clear cap and then trade an expiring Gordon to them. But our return would be far less than if we just had the cap the previous summer to use.

Look at Deng, he was an all-star level SF on an expiring and he was moved for Bynum who was immediately cut. Ben Gordon was an expiring that couldn't even be trade, he was just outright dropped. Gordon could bring back absolutely nothing as an expiring.

Exactly thats why I dont get all the continued talk of trading him. No ones interested with possibly $30 million due in the next two years in addition to the remainder of this seasons money.

Tapatalkin

I can't see the Spurs letting Kawaii go, and especially to a division up and commer. He is going to be one of their core guys for the next decade. It would be nice to screw up their cap situation by offering him a max deal (which is what he would get on the open market).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise    Contributor   

If the Raps can trade Bargnini then any contract can get traded

Thread Information