Pelicans Report

Thread: 2nd Round 2014 Draft

2nd Round 2014 Draft

Any players or positions people would like to see our 2nd go to at this draft?

Or maybe the pick sold for cash?

Don't have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Are you asking, "Are there any players worth buying a 2nd round pick for?" If that is your question, then my answer is yes. My question is, why settle for a 2nd, when teams will probably be looking to sell late 1st rounders? I think we will buy a pick, and whoever that pick is will be a solid bench guy next year.

If we could grab a KJ McDaniels, Glenn Robinson, or maybe get lucky and see Kyle Anderson or Doug McDermott drop and buy/trade for that pick I think it would be great.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Indeed, we'd have to trade for a 2nd rounder. Most likely trading Pierre Jackson for two 2nds on draft day.

A guy I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in is Giannis's brother. He's in D-League. Thanos Anetekomaputu or whatever. Great defensive potential. Not much of a shooter. But still a high upside. But he's basically a cross between Iggy and Aminu. Not sure if he came with a brain installed or not, but is a decent ball handler. Shooting form is alright.

Alternatively, there's always KJ McDaniels. Unless he's played himself into the 1st round.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 04-01-2014 at 09:43 AM.

We still have all of our cash allowed to be traded in a season so I'm all on board for buying a late 1st round. Just keep in mind that any 1st is guaranteed and directly hurts our cap. So if you are a person wanting to use cap and the RLE to get players instead of keeping Smith and/or Aminu and using the MLE to get players this directly takes away from that first option.

Personally, I'm all for it and focus on using the MLE for our SF.

Johnny O'Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Johnny O'Bryant
    While it would be cool to have an LSU player on the team, he would have no role on this team. Already have too many offensive focused power forwards and he isn't a good fit for center or small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    While it would be cool to have an LSU player on the team, he would have no role on this team. Already have too many offensive focused power forwards and he isn't a good fit for center or small forward.
    I think he looks like another 2nd round LSU steal. He could be a Carl Landry type player. In the 2nd round you dont look for positional needs, the majority of those guys wont ever play much in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I think he looks like another 2nd round LSU steal. He could be a Carl Landry type player. In the 2nd round you dont look for positional needs, the majority of those guys wont ever play much in the NBA
    Yeah, but we would have to give up a current or future asset to get him. Wouldn't really be worth it, imo.

Thread Information