Pelicans Report

Thread: Dumbest App Ever?

Dumbest App Ever?

Anyone who has been watching the NBA playoffs this year has probably seen the Samsung commercial for their exclusive Lebron James app (everything Lebron). WTH is getting this thing? I see this commercial and I wonder, are there sports fans out there who are acting like teenage girls towards One Direction, where they want an exclusive App just for him. And its not even like he keeps it himself (since he is in playoff mode per the commercial), so they are keeping up to date with what exactly?

I don't use Twitter. I do less and less with FB as my life goes on. Are people really into seeing what others are eating for breakfast? What they are doing with co-workers? Etc.? Maybe its just me, but the app is stupid, and your probably living your life with somebody toting you by the short and curlys if you get this app.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yep. When my wife and I first saw this commercial we genuinely couldn't tell if the app was real or some kind of joke.

#treetyoself, more like #getalife or #goplayintraffic

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    #treetyoself, more like #getalife or #goplayintraffic
    Hashtags make my eyes bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    Hashtags make my eyes bleed.
    I started weeping for humanity when the world began thinking important issues could be limited to 28 characters (or however many you are limited to).

I started weeping for humanity when the world began thinking important issues could be limited to 28 characters (or however many you are limited to).
    And why? What benefit does it offer to impose a character limit on yourself? Are attention spans so short now that anything longer than a sentence is glossed over?

Did you download it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I seriously could not believe that was really an app.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Did you download it?
    I couldn't, I have an iphone, and a wang.

I couldn't, I have an iphone, and a wang.
    Then how can you call it the worst app ever?

Have you used Bleacher report?
    Zit picker?
    Poo Log?

Yes these are/were all real at some point.

Is the LeBron app a stupid premise? Maybe. But it might completely change the way apps work entirely or the way we follow players through social media. Don't knock it til you try it.

FYI, twitter is the best thing to happen to sports since the television.

I don't have to go wear horse manure to know that it would stink to wear. I don't have to get this app to know that its about 3 shades of awful. But have at it. #twitteristhebestthingtohappentosportssinceicedanc ing.

I'm not a social media guy...nor a Lebron fanboy, so its useless to me.

I'm sure the app will be useful to somebody... and some company that advertises on this app will make a killing because there are millions of LBJ fans out there that will download it.

Its all about marketing, really. Somebody will make a ton of money from this. They won't get a nickel out of me though.

Speaking of people looking to cash in on the stupidest of things...

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...clippers-logos

Speaking of people looking to cash in on the stupidest of things...

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...clippers-logos
    Did you even read the article you posted?

An NBA spokesperson confirmed that all proceeds will go toward anti-discrimination and tolerance organizations, which will also be the beneficiaries of Sterling's fine money.
    The NBA isn't cashing in on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

Another example of him being quick to judge before he even uses something.

PR ONE!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

I read the article, I saw the NBA was selling the shirts with a Clippers logo, or an NBA logo, I saw that they were charging money for said shirts. Yes, the NBA is cashing in. While "all proceeds" will go to charity, the NBA is cashing in on this. Moreover, the term "all proceeds" is a lie. There are always expenses incurred with any charity as nobody is working free. So yes, the NBA is cashing in on this racial windfall.

Soundwave, do you have to try everything before you decide it is useless?
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.

How hard is it to say "I don't like this app"? Why does it have to be the dumbest app ever? Because you don't like something, does that mean no one is allowed to like it or find value in it?

People who are big LeBron James fans will probably love this app. It could do a lot of good for the social networking side of sports. And if it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, but it's someone's cup of tea. And dumping all over the idea isn't productive discussion.

Marketing would find dumping on it to be productive. People dumped like hell on Pizza Hut Body Spray, Crystal Pepsi, and other crap products, and marketing quickly took them off the shelves.

But go and download the app. Enjoy the pictures of what he is eating, and depositing into the toilet s’il vous plaît.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    #Dumped

#dumpedbysomebodywiththeapp

Soundwave, do you have to try everything before you decide it is useless?
    Useless to me? No.

But if I'm gonna refer to it as the "dumbest app ever" and purposely take time out of my day and make a thread about it being the "dumbest app ever" for all the internet to see, then I would at least like to know what I am talking about first.

I don't jump in head first and half-cocked until I know what I am talking about.

But that's me. I'm not quick to judge.

At one point in my life I thought the same as you do about twitter.
    At one point, I didn't like sushi.
    I was a virgin once. Just once. A long time ago. (40 years)

There was a point where people thought, omg I'm not riding in that death trap called a car, I prefer my horse.
    There was a caveman once that said, "I don't need no stinking fire." But he yodeled it.
    There are still people who think this way, but we call them "stuck in the past".

All that being said, I have no use for the app. Could you see Kobe or MJ doing that?
    But I didn't feel the need to just run straight to my computer and post a thread calling it the dumbest app ever. Because I don't think my opinion is quite that important.

Dumbest App Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information