Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We got killed for trading out of THIS draft?

We got killed for trading out of THIS draft?

Ha!

Wiggins looked awful today. And has been infrequently impressive. Certainly doesn't look like a sure-fire HOFer.

Embiid has been injured and may come back.

Parker is apparently considering a return.

Randle's good, but not the "better Carmelo Anthony."

If that picks ends up being between 9-14 or so, I argue that we'll come out of this smelling like roses.

Amazing how often we look back and find that certain members of the media lost their heads to sensationalism. Best draft ever, I don't think so.

Are people comparing Randle to Melo

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Are people comparing Randle to Melo
    They were at the beginning of the year. Now? Who knows.

I was thinking more of Zack Randolph and Parker as more of a Melo.

I was thinking more of Zack Randolph and Parker as more of a Melo.
    Not sure what you mean. But the popular comparison among the hypers of this draft was Melo. As for your personal comparison, I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Not sure what you mean. But the popular comparison among the hypers of this draft was Melo. As for your personal comparison, I wouldn't know.
    Have you watched him play? I'm not saying people don't campare him to Melo, but their games are very... very different.

Have you watched him play? I'm not saying people don't campare him to Melo, but their games are very... very different.

For the love of God, man, that wasn't MY comparison.

The fact that he's not like Melo is kind of the whole point.

It's a tough argument to make.

Option 1: Draft Burke over Noel, don't make the trade. Let him play out the year. If so, you likely don't get Reke. Start Burke, Gordon, RA, AD and Lopez. The team is likely a bit worse than this version and you get a top 7 pick and potentially end up with Randle, Vonleh or Exum.

Option 2: Do what the Pels did, have no pick, but have Holiday and Evans and give up the 11th pick to the Sixers. If all the Pels gave up is Doug McDermott, they didn't lose much with the gamble.

Hard to forsee what happened to Jrue and RA. If they stay healthy, the Pels just miss the playoffs or are close to the 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by liger420 View Post
    It's a tough argument to make.

Option 1: Draft Burke over Noel, don't make the trade. Let him play out the year. If so, you likely don't get Reke. Start Burke, Gordon, RA, AD and Lopez. The team is likely a bit worse than this version and you get a top 7 pick and potentially end up with Randle, Vonleh or Exum.

Option 2: Do what the Pels did, have no pick, but have Holiday and Evans and give up the 11th pick to the Sixers. If all the Pels gave up is Doug McDermott, they didn't lose much with the gamble.

Hard to forsee what happened to Jrue and RA. If they stay healthy, the Pels just miss the playoffs or are close to the 8th seed.
    Now the Burke argument I do see as potentially valid. But if we base the argument on us drafting Noel one way or the other, then I feel it will be considered an eventual success, assuming injuries don't become an annual problem.

It's hard to say that they would have taken Noel if there was no trade offer from the Sixers. It wouldn't be the combination I would choose with AD.

For the love of God, man, that wasn't MY comparison.

The fact that he's not like Melo is kind of the whole point.
    I'm just trying to have a discussion. That's what the board is for. Did i ever say it was YOUR comparison? Ever in this thread? Just once? NOPE.

I understood your point. I'm just confused as to how they came up with it. And just because he's not like Melo, so what? If he can be a 20/10 guy does that make him less valuable because he's not like Melo?

I'm just trying to have a discussion. That's what the board is for. Did i ever say it was YOUR comparison? Ever in this thread? Just once? NOPE.

I understood your point. I'm just confused as to how they came up with it. And just because he's not like Melo, so what? If he can be a 20/10 guy does that make him less valuable because he's not like Melo?
    No, that was not leading to any kind of relevant discussion. The entire point was that Parker is not Carmelo. Your first comment was asking if anybody was comparing him to Melo. This basically tells me right off that you missed the point, but whatever.

You then gave me your personal comparison, which frankly I don't find relevant at all. I then reiterated that certain members of the media hyped him up to be something like Carmelo.

You then asked me if I had watched him play, and then again said you thought their games were different. Again, that is the whole damn point of this thread.

And now you're trying to set up an entirely different argument for this thread, based around Randle, that it doesn't matter if he's like Carmelo or not. It does, as him NOT being like Carmelo is meant to illustrate the ridiculousness of certain media members and fans.

You said you understood the point, but you clearly didn't.
    Last edited by Hercule; 03-23-2014 at 06:16 PM.

It's like if I started a thread saying the sky was blue and not red, you asked me if anyone said it was red, I say yes, then you say no, you think it's more navy than blue.

Thank you for your input.

Parker was widely compared to melo

Randle... not so much

No, that was not leading to any kind of relevant discussion. The entire point was that Parker is not Carmelo. Your first comment was asking if anybody was comparing him to Melo. This basically tells me right off that you missed the point, but whatever.

You then gave me your personal comparison, which frankly I don't find relevant at all. I then reiterated that certain members of the media hyped him up to be something like Carmelo.

You then asked me if I had watched him play, and then again said you thought their games were different. Again, that is the whole damn point of this thread.

And now you're trying to set up an entirely different argument for this thread, based around Randle, that it doesn't matter if he's like Carmelo or not. It does, as him NOT being like Carmelo is meant to illustrate the ridiculousness of certain media members and fans.

You said you understood the point, but you clearly didn't.
    OK EVERYONE. THIS WHOLE THREAD IS ABOUT RANDLE NOT BEING MELO. Great job at a post. Honestly, you should look to post for ESPN with this riveting thought process. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post

Randle... not so much
    THATS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT YOU CLEARLY MISSED THE POINT

Randle... not so much
    I've seen both compared to him, personally.

I've seen both compared to him, personally.
    Where? What credible source?

OK EVERYONE. THIS WHOLE THREAD IS ABOUT RANDLE NOT BEING MELO. Great job at a post. Honestly, you should look to post for ESPN with this riveting thought process. Thank you.
    lol You missed the point of this thread and started to derail it at the first post, man.

To be more blunt, I don't give a crap about your Parker comparison. Why you felt like you should tell me this, I don't know. Especially considering that we agree, he's not Melo.

The point of this thread is to state, clearly, that this draft is not one of the best drafts ever, as some have claimed, and that the Pels are not idiots for giving up a potential top ten pick.

This apparently flew right over your head, as you went so far as to ask me if I had watched him play.

Again, WE AGREE. He is not Melo. That. Is. The. Point.

If I have little patience for your immediate derailing, I apologize, but damn.

Where? What credible source?
    The point of this thread, again, is that people who made those comparisons were not credible.

Forget it, guys. Just forget it. My buzz is gone.

Sorry, but i'm just not going to participate in a conversation about the potential of draft picks when you compare Randle to Melo and try to act like it makes sense.

You obviously haven't watched any basketball so far, so i don't really care about your opinion. Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid are all going to be terrific NBA players. That's all i have to contribute to this thread. Continue your BS fest.

For clarity's sake, I shouldn't have gotten that specific about comparisons. I didn't expect that would be what folks would focus on. lol

Sorry, but i'm just not going to participate in a conversation about the potential of draft picks when you compare Randle to Melo and try to act like it makes sense.

You obviously haven't watched any basketball so far, so i don't really care about your opinion. Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid are all going to be terrific NBA players. That's all i have to contribute to this thread. Continue your BS fest.
    ...I did not compare him to Carmelo. But I have seen people do so. Particularly early in the year. Am I willing to say that Parker drew more Melo comparisons? Of course, as I know it's true. But Randle drew those comparisons as well, albeit with much less frequency. Again, not an important part of the post, and I'm arguing that it doesn't make sense.

Please, read first. Why would I say Randle is not Carmelo Anthony if I was arguing that it made sense? Goodness gracious. I thought it was clear that I was making fun of the comparison. I suppose not.

This is not a player comparison thread.

And lastly, they may be good players, but we have no (or very little) shot at them anyway, and they all have flaws.

The ENTIRE point of this thread, for you two who obviously missed it, is that this is likely not the best draft ever, and that trading the pick is not as disastrous as some have argued. The end.
    Last edited by Hercule; 03-23-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Banned
    This thread is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    This thread is funny.
    I may or may not have had too much cider. Rereading Ballsohard's post and I'm not sure why I got mad. lol

Thread Information