Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2014

NCAA March Madness 2014

Did anyone see Dayton beat Ohio State today?

Which players are you most interested in watching during these tournaments?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I did. Have watched every game today lol.

And I'm most interested in the guys that will go high in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I did. Have watched every game today lol.

And I'm most interested in the guys that will go high in the draft.
    Wow really? There have been quite a few today already. Games have been on TNT, TBS, TruTV, CBS. LOL.

I'm interested in seeing the guys projected higher in the draft as well. Any sleeper players for you?

lol yep, didn't work and have just been on the couch flipping back and forth.

LOL. I hear you. I only caught the end of the Dayton/Ohio State one.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Andre Dawkins from Duke, been watching the guy, reminds me of Gary Neal.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Duke had better start pulling away from Mercer otherwise they'll be upset. Parker is currently 2-8 so he needs to pick it up in this second half.

#14 Mercer upsets #3 Duke 78-71. Wow. LOL. Parker had a bit of foul trouble and just didn't score well today. Quinn Cook hit 7 3's. Mercer ended the game on a 20-8 run.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Pretty pissed UL has been knocked out. Wonder if Payton will stay another year.

Is there any way we can buy a 1st round pick just so we can drag Adrian Payne?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Wiggins needs to be way more assertive. That scares me about him.

Wiggins didn't do crap today. He was absent in every facet of the game. How some people think he is a once in a generation prospect when he isn't even the best prospect on his team is beyond me.

Greg Marshall really disappointed me in his last play he drew up in the last 3 seconds. Early was hot and should've been given the ball and let him do his thing only down 2. Instead a horrible shot was drawn up for the pg who is not a good shooter. Just didn't understand that.Wichita st really had the talent to go all the way, even in that horribly stacked bracket. I really can't stand john calipari and hope he loses next round. All of these games being lost by 1-3 pts. All u have to do is look at late game fts. Wichita st(wiggins) missed 2 consecutive fts with 2-3 min left that would be out them up 6. Instead uk goes down n scores and was only down 2. Big time swing that late in the game. Marshall screwed up a couple times throughout the game as well. He is usually a very solid coach and I like him a lot but he dropped the ball.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 03-23-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Wiggins didn't do crap today. He was absent in every facet of the game. How some people think he is a once in a generation prospect when he isn't even the best prospect on his team is beyond me.
    Yea. I don't see it either. I don't even see the "potential" to become a great player. His handles and driving ability are below average. His shot is average. Athleticism is above average but that's about it. I just don't see it. If I was a gm I think I'd be more comf. Picking in the 5-10 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Pretty pissed UL has been knocked out. Wonder if Payton will stay another year.
    UL??

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    UL??
    Ragin Cajuns!!!

Gave Creighton a run for their money.

The Cats came up a few point short of championship #9, but I'm proud of the way this team fought through inexperience and injures to make their 3rd Final Four in 4 years. Next year should see UK with another loaded squad, so I can't wait for November.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Ragin Cajuns!!!

Gave Creighton a run for their money.
    Well that'd be ULL...cause UL is Louisville.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    As a ULM grad, I cosign this post.

But rival name debate aside, Cajun athletics are doing very well for themselves, way better than us, I respectfully admit.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

You must be a ULM grad. University of Louisiana is our rightful name. Everyone that attends "ull" says UL.

You must be a ULM grad. University of Louisiana is our rightful name. Everyone that attends "ull" says UL.
    It's really not. True that Cajun students/alums/Lafayetteans do say "UL" but it's in the University of Louisiana Educational System laws that there is no official, flagship campus for "University of Louisiana."

Quote Originally Posted by UL System Name Guidelines
    All institutions within the University of Louisiana System are to comply with the following precepts and guidelines set forth to govern and coordinate the use of the University of Louisiana name and logo:
    A. As previously stated, there is no main campus for the University of Louisiana System. Any designation of or reference to a member institution as “flagship,” “lead,” “main,” or other similar descriptor is prohibited.
    B. The use of the University of Louisiana System logo and/or the phrase “University of Louisiana System” by an institution for commercial purposes or general use must have prior approval by the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.
    C. The use of the two-letter University of Louisiana abbreviation, “UL,” and/or the phrase “U of L” are prohibited by the university or any of its affiliated organizations (alumni associations, development foundations, bookstores, etc.). For academic, public relations, athletic, as well as other purposes not specified, the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution. For example, ULR is appropriate for University of Louisiana at Rayne.
    Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0Xi__91qrOudGg

Even their own official academic site says as much about the official name (even though they still push Louisiana): http://www.louisiana.edu/about-us/me...iversitys-name

Not trying to start a big name or superiority debate, but just giving you the facts.

Last edited by djpaul89; 04-21-2014 at 06:03 PM.

I know the facts. They make it a point to communicate this to all students every semester. Lol. Someone took this way to serious. It would be ULM that would.

I graduated a year ago and I still get reminded about this through the alumni association.

I know the facts. They make it a point to communicate this to all students every semester. Lol. Someone took this way to serious. It would be ULM that would.

I graduated a year ago and I still get reminded about this through the alumni association.
    Then why did you say "University of Louisiana is our rightful name"? Unless you were trying to playfully incite the ULM guy...it's hard to tell that kind of stuff over internet text.

Taking it too serious? I know its hard to interpret emotion over the internet like I just said, but I'm not mad or upset in any way. I responded to kclaboy's post with a friendly jab (note the laughing emoji) then you responded back with misinformation about the name. So I came back and corrected it...don't see the big deal about that. If you were just playing along, I couldn't tell.

Again, not trying to derail the thread. Back to the topic, the Cajuns have been doing it big this year. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Then why did you say "University of Louisiana is our rightful name"? Unless you were trying to playfully incite the ULM guy...it's hard to tell that kind of stuff over internet text.

Taking it too serious? I know its hard to interpret emotion over the internet like I just said, but I'm not mad or upset in any way. I responded to kclaboy's post with a friendly jab (note the laughing emoji) then you responded back with misinformation about the name. So I came back and corrected it...don't see the big deal about that. If you were just playing along, I couldn't tell.

Again, not trying to derail the thread. Back to the topic, the Cajuns have been doing it big this year. Respect.

I was just playing to the ULM and ULL rivalry. During my stay we had some epic football games. We liked to remind ULM who the real UL is. Lol

It's all good.

I was just playing to the ULM and ULL rivalry. During my stay we had some epic football games. We liked to remind ULM who the real UL is. Lol

It's all good.
    Word. I graduated 2 years ago...definitely some epic games. A couple of heartbreakers for ULM. I loved being a part of the college sports scene albeit on a smaller scale of course.

Hopefully we (the forum) can get the non-NBA section back buzzing. One of the old HR mods, NYKF, and some others kept it pretty active with college football previews each week and such, mostly centered around Saints/LSU. It was way more active back then. NYKF was good about bringing up the Conf. USA and Sun Belt schools too so we can go at it then also. Lol.

Maybe one of the other PR guys can get that picked back up.

Thread Information