Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official New Orleans Saints Offseason Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Nah, I want a pick THIS year, not next. His performance in a place like Cleveland would almost certainly tail off. Take the pick now.
    I disagree. In a situation like Cleveland, he would see more touches, so in that regard he would probably get hurt quickly. But with more touches comes more productivity. Either way, just being able to trade him (as opposed to cutting him) will be great for us.

I would prefer he go to the Texans.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

They've already given him Pelicans gear.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post

I love that hat.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Graham I could let go. 2 First rounders/salary space would well be worth it, especially since we picked Graham up out of nowhere. The scouts are GREAT at that. Sproles can go too for the right trade. They both disappeared in the playoffs.
    As long as Brees/Payton are here, we will survive.

That being said, I'm still pretty butthurt about Lance Moore. He was one of my favorite players.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post

So awesome that he's posting this. He will be accepted quickly doing stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would let Graham go to the Raiders if possible for a first this year, and whatever we can get (draft pick wise) next year. Game is not a complete te, and is a wr by his definition. We have enough big slow wr's already.

I would like to see us move him, and take his replacement in Amaro or Ebron...

I like where this team is headed, with that Byrd signing alone our defense jumped into the top 4 of the league, and if we can land a play making cb or if we can draft Van Noy, we will be a top 3 def.

I hope we can send Sproles to Houston, but if not, lets make it interesting and send him somewhere where the pick can improve based on his performance (...hello Cleveland). Our run game is fine without him, we just need better receivers.
    We were top 4 defense last year without Byrd.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Darren Sproles's wife REALLY hates the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Darren Sproles's wife REALLY hates the Saints.
    Apparently she is known as a psycho. I can only imagine why he married her.

If we can land both Browner and Steve Smith, shut it down. Shut the league down, because what the Saints will be able to do will just damn unfair to everyone else.

If we can land both Browner and Steve Smith, shut it down. Shut the league down, because what the Saints will be able to do will just damn unfair to everyone else.
    While I agree I don't see where the money comes from. We are about 1.9M under the cap atm and our draft players will cost us roughly 4M. Even if we signed Graham and lowered his cap hit this year from 7M will it lower it enough to cover all our picks and have enough left over for Browner? That's not to mention we don't know yet what will happen with Streff. If we resign him that could be another hit to the cap we will have to figure out.

Browner has gotten interest by NE, Washington, Vikings, Browns, and us. He'd have to REALLY want to come here for us to get him. Washington, Vikings, Browns can all offer more money and NE is a contender so he'd have his choice.

Steve Smith is in the same boat sadly. Maybe if we don't keep all of our draft picks, or if we move Graham. End of the day, "In Loomis I Trust." If anyone can make it happen, he can. But it would definitely take some adjustments.

Not as high on Browner as everyone else. He's a big risk and I'd be uncomfortable with relying on him as our #2 corner. He could get caught again for taking PEDs and face a bigger suspicion, or he could be straight up garbage unjuiced. It isn't worth it to give him the type of contract he seems to want. Improve through the draft and move on from there.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Not as high on Browner as everyone else. He's a big risk and I'd be uncomfortable with relying on him as our #2 corner. He could get caught again for taking PEDs and face a bigger suspicion, or he could be straight up garbage unjuiced. It isn't worth it to give him the type of contract he seems to want. Improve through the draft and move on from there.
    The type of player Browner is he can't be garbage juice: strength, size and humongous hands. He'll be a pretty good sign for the right price, but I'm not high on Smith, a offensive like he can be drafted mid round.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    He's coming off a suspension for marijuana. I don't think it's considered to enhance your performance lol

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    He's coming off a suspension for marijuana. I don't think it's considered to enhance your performance lol
    It enhances your munchies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    While I agree I don't see where the money comes from. We are about 1.9M under the cap atm and our draft players will cost us roughly 4M. Even if we signed Graham and lowered his cap hit this year from 7M will it lower it enough to cover all our picks and have enough left over for Browner? That's not to mention we don't know yet what will happen with Streff. If we resign him that could be another hit to the cap we will have to figure out.

Browner has gotten interest by NE, Washington, Vikings, Browns, and us. He'd have to REALLY want to come here for us to get him. Washington, Vikings, Browns can all offer more money and NE is a contender so he'd have his choice.

Steve Smith is in the same boat sadly. Maybe if we don't keep all of our draft picks, or if we move Graham. End of the day, "In Loomis I Trust." If anyone can make it happen, he can. But it would definitely take some adjustments.
    They can still find money (there's always money in the banana stand). Moore has been cut, but he was a June 1st cut meaning his cap relief wont take place until then. You can still restructure a few guys here and there (still waiting to see what PT's contract looks like), and worse comes to worse, trade Jimmy and save money there. In short, there is money. It takes creative accounting, but Loomis is a CPA, and to him, the salary cap is just a suggestion.

I wouldn't cry if we lost Strief tbh. Was he our starter last year? Yeah. Was he all world, or irreplaceable? Nope. We have young guys on our bench who are maulers, and that looks to be the direction Sean is taking this team.

Browner would be cherry on top, and I agree. He would really have to want to come here with the money we could offer, but Smith is a different story. He has made his money, now he wants a ring. He wont command anything close to what other wr's are getting, and I wouldn't be upset giving him $4-$5 mil a year for 2-3 solid years. If he says he isn't a #1 receiver anymore thats fine, but on his best days last year he made one of the best cb's in the league look like a chump. And what he could teach our wr's about toughness and moxy...our wr's wouldn't have problems getting off the line against physical db (lets put it bluntly, we would make opponents db's our *****es).

If I had to choose one, give me Smith. If we can have both...done.

I'm sorry but I'm not impressed with Grubbs and I think he needs to take a pay cut as well as bunkley. Bunkley is the most over paid player on the team. I know Grubbs made the pro bowl but I don't hold the pro bowl in very high regard. I watched the saints play very snap. Grubbs gets blown up time after time. He is not that good. Def not worth what we are paying him. So I think we will see a few guys taking pay cuts soon and those 2 will be candidates for sure IMO. I think if we get browner in for a visit, loomis will seal the deal. Our secondary would be ridiculous.

I'm sorry but I'm not impressed with Grubbs and I think he needs to take a pay cut as well as bunkley. Bunkley is the most over paid player on the team. I know Grubbs made the pro bowl but I don't hold the pro bowl in very high regard. I watched the saints play very snap. Grubbs gets blown up time after time. He is not that good. Def not worth what we are paying him. So I think we will see a few guys taking pay cuts soon and those 2 will be candidates for sure IMO. I think if we get browner in for a visit, loomis will seal the deal. Our secondary would be ridiculous.
    You do realize pay cuts are rare. You can't just go to Grubbs after a pro bowl season and demand him to take a pay cut. That's just silly.

I think Bunkley will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    You do realize pay cuts are rare. You can't just go to Grubbs after a pro bowl season and demand him to take a pay cut. That's just silly.

I agree about Grubbs but Bunkley won't be released. Almost 75% of his money is guaranteed. If we cut him it wouldn't clear up much space at all. He might not be worth his contract but we couldn't sign a player equal to his ability with the cap he would clear up.

I agree about Grubbs but Bunkley won't be released. Almost 75% of his money is guaranteed. If we cut him it wouldn't clear up much space at all. He might not be worth his contract but we couldn't sign a player equal to his ability with the cap he would clear up.
    Ah. I don't know his contract situation, but Grubbs is worth his money I think. Our O-line as a whole was pretty bad. Even Evans was pretty terrible to start the year.

Ah. I don't know his contract situation, but Grubbs is worth his money I think. Our O-line as a whole was pretty bad. Even Evans was pretty terrible to start the year.
    I'm sure we'll take an OT in the draft. I think Brown was an issue for the whole line. After Armsteads first game I think our line improved quite a bit. I think we need depth for the future but I'm not on the edge of the cliff yet. If we get Strief back that will help.

Like I thought. Browner was able to get too much to come here. I didn't think the Pats would give himself such a crazy deal. 3yr 17M is a ton of money for a guy that won't play 1/4 of this season and has been popped for weed and will be tested frequently.

I'm also shocked that Steve Smith got a 3yr 12M deal.

They can still find money (there's always money in the banana stand). Moore has been cut, but he was a June 1st cut meaning his cap relief wont take place until then.
    Where did you get this from? I have not heard that and as close as we are on the cap, I am not sure that is the case.

yea bunkley won't be released too much dead money. grubbs is over paid. pro bowl is like the nba all star game. means nothing to the play on the field. its a popularity contest. he has a cap hit of 9.1 mill id be surprised if grubbs doesn't agree to take a cut or at least restructure that is way too much for him. he gets blown up several times a game he is not that good. bunkley will def take a pay cut that was a horrible signing to begin with anyways.

Like I thought. Browner was able to get too much to come here. I didn't think the Pats would give himself such a crazy deal. 3yr 17M is a ton of money for a guy that won't play 1/4 of this season and has been popped for weed and will be tested frequently.

I'm also shocked that Steve Smith got a 3yr 12M deal.
    yea I knew someone would over pay for him based on his 1 good year in seattle. i was never sold on him. i think we are just fine with our dbs as it is now. we need some speed at lb now. lofton is still ok but i bet this next year will be his last. hawthorne isn't his old self from his seattle days. we see flashes of it but his body is breaking down. we need to infuse some youth into the lb pos. I'm hoping humber can take that next step i like his game.

yea I knew someone would over pay for him based on his 1 good year in seattle. i was never sold on him. i think we are just fine with our dbs as it is now. we need some speed at lb now. lofton is still ok but i bet this next year will be his last. hawthorne isn't his old self from his seattle days. we see flashes of it but his body is breaking down. we need to infuse some youth into the lb pos. I'm hoping humber can take that next step i like his game.
    Yeah I'm hoping we take a DB, DE, and CB in the draft. The others will hopefully be WR, OT, RB, and BPA.

Thread Information