Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty will return next year

Monty will return next year

I'm listening to the conference call right now and a caller asked "do you believe Monty will return" and Loomis said yes he likes him as a head coach and will be going forth with him in the future and he will return next year.

Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 03-10-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Welp I was looking forward to next season, thx loomis
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Tomorrow the sun all day will shine. I like the sun. But it could still rain

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    What else is he supposed to say though? If you say anything else, you might as well fire him now.

The only explanation for a coach sucking this hard (besides being an awful coach) is that we were tanking. Some of the things Monty did this year were just... turrible. He better get his act together because this fanbase's patience is wearing thin.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    What else is he supposed to say though? If you say anything else, you might as well fire him now.
    Ding ding ding!

Agreed. Remember Gravy and Rolo? They were never going to leave but oh wait...

"I like Monty as the coach and like the things he's done with the the team" is the PC answers he just seemed adamant the Monty is here to stay.

"Nothing's set in stone. We'll be evaluating everyone's performance during the offseason."

Boom

What else do you expect him to say?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I blame Monty

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I blame Monty
    and Roberts. But honestly I really don't and didn't expect him to get fired this year.

Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    What else do you expect him to say?
    "Monty is awful guys; I am so sorry we put yall through so much pain. I went back and watched the tape, and well... it made my eyes bleed. I promise you this fans; Monty will not be here next year! We will have a new coach... a better coach- with bionic legs and a targeting computer powered by a liquid hydrolic cooling system! We... are... Sparta!" Idk I expected it to go more like that.

Overreaction thread. Unnecessary.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Loomis knows how to play the game. He isnt going to say anything stupid, and spill any details until its absolutely necessary. This isnt the right time to announce a coaching change, so of course he isnt going to say anything bad about Monty.

They can keep my crappy tickets.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yes, because he's going to say he's firing Monty after the season flat out. Which, by avoiding the question or saying no comment, would be the same friggin' thing as saying Monty is gone. Calm thine selves, people.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I'm listening to the conference call right now and a caller asked "do you believe Monty will return" and Loomis said yes he likes him as a head coach and will be going forth with him in the future and he will return next year.

Shocking... been saying this for months now but folks have their own agendas.

Lol folks still don't believe.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 03-10-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Banned
    It's interesting that the comments that aren't freaking out about him being here are only saying "Well, he is just probably lying Monty can still get fired, there is still hope". I think we've all given up on this guy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I know of no great coach that is out there to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    It's interesting that the comments that aren't freaking out about him being here are only saying "Well, he is just probably lying Monty can still get fired, there is still hope". I think we've all given up on this guy.
    But he's playing Steamer over Babbitt!? You know, the guy that fell out of the league and no other team in the league wanted so he signed with a Russian team? That proves he is a terrible coach!

And what about his penchant for playing Brian Roberts over Austin Rivers? You know the guy that was universally held as the biggest bust of the draft last year that has shown improvement this year but single handedly took us out of the Kings game by missing 4 free throws in a row and then dribbles the ball off his foot for an easy layup by Sactown? What is this Monty? Amateur hour?

All of this obviously points to him not only being the worst coach ever in the history of the NBA but also a flawed individual.

I bet Monty chooses the wheelbarrow when playing Monopoly because he is just that terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I am sorry if what I say hurts your feelings....Wait, no I'm not!"

Monty will return next year

Everyone saying "Well there's still a chance cause Loomis has to say that." No. Monty will be here next year. Not that I agree with it, but they're not gonna part with a young rising coach who's extremely respected around the league, and is also a coach for the Olympic team. The facts are that he's increased win total every year for the past three seasons, and he's dealt with a plethora of injuries to key players.
    Last edited by iNolaNightmare; 03-11-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan90277 View Post
    But he's playing Steamer over Babbitt!? You know, the guy that fell out of the league and no other team in the league wanted so he signed with a Russian team? That proves he is a terrible coach!

And what about his penchant for playing Brian Roberts over Austin Rivers? You know the guy that was universally held as the biggest bust of the draft last year that has shown improvement this year but single handedly took us out of the Kings game by missing 4 free throws in a row and then dribbles the ball off his foot for an easy layup by Sactown? What is this Monty? Amateur hour?

All of this obviously points to him not only being the worst coach ever in the history of the NBA but also a flawed individual.

I bet Monty chooses the wheelbarrow when playing Monopoly because he is just that terrible.

Roberts has lost us many more games than Rivers has.

Quote Originally Posted by takezor View Post
    Roberts has lost us many more games than Rivers has.
    He has also won is more games with clutch shots and free throws. I can't wait for this Brian Roberts episode to end but I am also not blind to the fact that he has hit some big shots. Just realize these are two D+ players with the only difference being Rivers has potential.

Thread Information