Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jrue update

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    You think he's still playing injured in February?
    My cousin works at the Roosevelt downtown and seen him allstar weekend and spoke with him for a while and he told him he's still hurt but wants to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-6

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    My cousin works at the Roosevelt downtown and seen him allstar weekend and spoke with him for a while and he told him he's still hurt but wants to play

I'll take your word for it, I just think there's more going on than that.

Jrue update

I'll take your word for it, I just think there's more going on than that.
    His confidence is killed imo. The start of the season he drove to the basket ever drive screaming and-1 like he knew it was going in. Now whenever he drives he looks like Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Like with Eric Gordon? This stinks of the same thing... IN 2 months they'll reveal Jrue was misdiagnosed by our medical staff, and will miss some of 2015.

I have zero confidence in this organization do communicate or diagnose anything correctly
    There isn't a gif in the world that would sum up my feelings of frustration and sadness

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The fans have little to no ability to hold a franchise besides banding together and not supporting the product. Not only that, the fans have little to no information on the inner workings on what's happening. Fans see a little of the symptoms and think they can cure the disease when the front offices have been watching this since day one and, IMO probably have a lot better handle on things than the players. The issue is fans think they know everything. You may say it's making excuses and someone on the opposite side of the coin may say you're making too many assumptions.

Funny thing happened to me recently. There's this person i worked with and that person was always coming in at 9:30-10 AM and leaving at 4, and sometimes she stayed late to get their 8 hours in; but not often. This person was a mess with their work, but had been there for awhile. Much longer than me. One day I was talking to a coworker and told him that I'd been giving a few of her tasks and had my own fair share, probably the most of the group already. I asked, why does she seem to get a free pass when it comes to this stuff? Shouldnt she be held accountable. He hesitated because it wasn't something everyone knows and told me, that coworker i was complaining about recently lost her son in a car crash. She was struggling dealing with the issue and wasn't in a good place. She went to a counciler every other day to work through the issues. I felt like an ***. I'm not one to make assumption or really judge people's work because i'm pretty self motivated. I even waited about 8-10 months before i said a word about it.

The point of that story is, even in a tight nit group I disn't know all the variables. And the Pelicans clearly don't have a tragic story like that that can be seen as an excuse (or a real circumstance) but there may be a lot of inner workings that we don't know about on many different levels to hold someone accountable. For instance, after giving Gordon that contract and a failed comeback attempt, the FO may have said do not even try and come back until you're a 100% for his own health, for the trade value, and for the team to develop people. This could be the same thing, we know we're not making the playoffs, let's see if Austin Rivers can grow into the player we envision him to be. The extra Pt is probably something Rivers would have never gotten without the injuries. It's not excuses imo it's just thinking there could be varibales in the equation that we can't see.
    Wow I bet u felt like an ars. Haha. I'm not speaking on his injury specifically. I'm speaking on just things in general from the coach to the players to the front office to the injuries. It's always something is the point. I just wonder when the day will come that we will be a stable and professionally ran franchise from top to bottom and not a laughing stock to the rest of the league. We fans have more power than some think on here. If we stop showing up and supporting the team after poor results. It speaks volume and change will be made. That's all and I think when we stop making excuses for every situation that is not right it will speed that process up quicker. IMO. I think we have the first variable to this process in benson the owner who is willing to spend and do things the right way. We are just a ways off from being what I envision this franchise being. At some point the "facts" or "excuses" have to stop being the reason and results are needed. Period. I do get what your saying tho and I respect that stance. I in no way think I have all the answers BUT I don't get paid the big $$$ claiming I do either. We have people in these positions that do and our results are below average at best. From the trainers & medical staff on up.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 02-25-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Hey guys, just stumbled across this press release on Jrue and his return:

Interesting!
    Link?

You think he's still playing injured in February?
    Are u serious? Every time he's on the floor he's holding his side or back grimacing.

Edit: what else do u think there is to it? Meaning hes not happy here? Don't like Monty? Genuinely curious to what u mean by that.

why the hell would we play him if he is injured, let jrue, tyreke, ryno and smith heal. Let rivers and withey get minutes until they die

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Are u serious? Every time he's on the floor he's holding his side or back grimacing.

Edit: what else do u think there is to it? Meaning hes not happy here? Don't like Monty? Genuinely curious to what u mean by that.
    I think he doesn't like monty it's one thing to come off the bench on a playoff but demoralizing for a lottery team

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Link?
    U don't trust my soreces bro?!

The fans have little to no ability to hold a franchise besides banding together and not supporting the product. Not only that, the fans have little to no information on the inner workings on what's happening. Fans see a little of the symptoms and think they can cure the disease when the front offices have been watching this since day one and, IMO probably have a lot better handle on things than the players. The issue is fans think they know everything. You may say it's making excuses and someone on the opposite side of the coin may say you're making too many assumptions.

Funny thing happened to me recently. There's this person i worked with and that person was always coming in at 9:30-10 AM and leaving at 4, and sometimes she stayed late to get their 8 hours in; but not often. This person was a mess with their work, but had been there for awhile. Much longer than me. One day I was talking to a coworker and told him that I'd been giving a few of her tasks and had my own fair share, probably the most of the group already. I asked, why does she seem to get a free pass when it comes to this stuff? Shouldnt she be held accountable. He hesitated because it wasn't something everyone knows and told me, that coworker i was complaining about recently lost her son in a car crash. She was struggling dealing with the issue and wasn't in a good place. She went to a counciler every other day to work through the issues. I felt like an ***. I'm not one to make assumption or really judge people's work because i'm pretty self motivated. I even waited about 8-10 months before i said a word about it.

The point of that story is, even in a tight nit group I disn't know all the variables. And the Pelicans clearly don't have a tragic story like that that can be seen as an excuse (or a real circumstance) but there may be a lot of inner workings that we don't know about on many different levels to hold someone accountable. For instance, after giving Gordon that contract and a failed comeback attempt, the FO may have said do not even try and come back until you're a 100% for his own health, for the trade value, and for the team to develop people. This could be the same thing, we know we're not making the playoffs, let's see if Austin Rivers can grow into the player we envision him to be. The extra Pt is probably something Rivers would have never gotten without the injuries. It's not excuses imo it's just thinking there could be varibales in the equation that we can't see.
    You make a great point about the coworker, but your application of that point to the Pels belies the problem with the comparison.

If your speculation about the Pels were true, they could easily say, "It might be possible for Jrue to play again this season, but to be safe, we think its better for him to take his time and plan to be strong for next season."

I can accept that. We all could. But the "indefinitely" mantra and for the lame coach to tell me HE has no idea, C'mon Pels. Give me some respect. Don't treat me like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    You make a great point about the coworker, but your application of that point to the Pels belies the problem with the comparison.

If your speculation about the Pels were true, they could easily say, "It might be possible for Jrue to play again this season, but to be safe, we think its better for him to take his time and plan to be strong for next season."

I can accept that. We all could. But the "indefinitely" mantra and for the lame coach to tell me HE has no idea, C'mon Pels. Give me some respect. Don't treat me like an idiot.
    But why set a timeline if you don't have to? Why pigeon hole yourself? You say 2 weeks and there's pressure to come back in two weeks. He'll be back when he's back. Why does saying it out loud comfort people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

U don't trust my soreces bro?!
    nope

I love how every time there is clearly something that this franchise is lacking in or there are problems of any sort. There are some ppl who always make up excuses for maybe why it's happening. It's never accountability. Always excuses. We are an excuse plagued franchise and that's the truth. Oh wait. It's facts not excuses that's right. Silly me.
    Presto!

The sheep do not question with the shepherd tells them to do......

Lots and lots of sheep here. Some people will take up for their team no matter what. "It's what fans do." "I'll trust the professionals, they know more than a fan." <- while this is 100% accurate, I would like to remind everyone that NUMEROUS professionals get fired every year.....

"Because I said so" only works on the layman. Intelligent people want to know why.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Presto!

Lots and lots of sheep here.
    Pelican sheeple?

But why set a timeline if you don't have to? Why pigeon hole yourself? You say 2 weeks and there's pressure to come back in two weeks. He'll be back when he's back. Why does saying it out loud comfort people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I not asking for them to set a date. And if they ever did, then came back and said they had to push it back - for whatever reason - that's fine. No one wants an injured player to play.
    But I want some information and honesty. And as a ticket holder, whose rep wants me to commit to next season now, I think I deserve better than to have the damn coach tell me he has no freaking idea when his second best player might come back.

As a sports organization, you have to build a relationship with the fan base. You can't count on winning all the time. You need fans and a community that trust you. Thats how you create value for fans and sponsors. The Pels suck at building that right now.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Presto!

Lots and lots of sheep here. Some people will take up for their team no matter what. "It's what fans do." "I'll trust the professionals, they know more than a fan." <- while this is 100% accurate, I would like to remind everyone that NUMEROUS professionals get fired every year.....

"Because I said so" only works on the layman. Intelligent people want to know why.
    Oh yeah , the #FireMonty is in no way shape or form sheep-like.

Oh yeah , the #FireMonty is in no way shape or form sheep-like.
    It's not he's a bad coach and not from a win lost perspective but for rotations, how the offense is ran, and constantly being the worst defense in the league.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    A little exaggeration there?

The 2nd one. Maybe like is the wrong word, I'll leave it at not seeing eye-to-eye.

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    I love our team...

But I hate our PR firm and how this team handles injuries. AD might as well sit out the rest of the year too..

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/jru...essful-surgery

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that guard Jrue Holiday underwent a successful surgery to correct a stress fracture in his right tibia. He will miss the remainder of the season.

In 34 games played for the Pelicans this season, Holiday has averaged 14.3 points, 7.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game in 33.6 minutes. He last appeared for New Orleans on January 8th, 2014 and has missed the ensuing 23 games.

wow.....

Why so long to get surgery? What is up with our training staff?

I am {Mod edit-veiled language} sick of this team why would u even need surgery for a damn fracture?

Thread Information