Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Jrue update

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You must be a youngin'

It's been WAY longer than that. Goes all the way back to LJ in 94. Been cursed since then.
    Yeah I forgot about that. And the Mashburn and Baron Davis injuries in between!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    I'm guessing sometimes they wait to see if things will heal without surgery, then if it looks like it's not healing, you have to have surgery. I'm glad he had it now and didn't wait until well into the offseason like some players do.

If you are wondering why surgery is done so late, look up the dreaded black line. It is very hard to decide what course of action to take. It is the worst type of stress fracture and that is most likely why the pelicans have been so mum about the details of the injury. This is a very difficult injury and there is no one school of thought. Hence why the late surgery. This is my guess. He may not have the dreaded black line.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    If you are wondering why surgery is done so late, look up the dreaded black line. It is very hard to decide what course of action to take. It is the worst type of stress fracture and that is most likely why the pelicans have been so mum about the details of the injury. This is a very difficult injury and there is no one school of thought. Hence why the late surgery. This is my guess. He may not have the dreaded black line.
    Wasn't this a stress fracture which in reality isn't a true broken leg so it shouldn't need surgery? So this tells me yet another massive misdiagnosis on the part of the docs and trainers yet again. This has to be the worst run franchise of the last 20 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by brentmd2 View Post
    Wasn't this a stress fracture which in reality isn't a true broken leg so it shouldn't need surgery? So this tells me yet another massive misdiagnosis on the part of the docs and trainers yet again. This has to be the worst run franchise of the last 20 yrs.
    I'm not going to write up what it is. Just google dreaded black line. It wasn't a misdiagnosis . It was a, "let's hope and pray we can do this without surgery." Always do surgery as a last resort . If it is dreaded black line they are going to probably put pins in his shin and that is even more risky. Once again, this is all IF it is the dreaded black line stress fracture.

Thank you. This should help those that are really wondering why the surgery was done so late. I agree in that surgery should be the last resort. You'd always prefer NOT to have surgery. I guarantee not many, if any, of these guys here would run to have surgery as soon as they're injured. You follow the course of action. Thanks for mentioning the dreaded black line.

Am I not mistaken, but didn't the FO say that they would give us an injury update for both Ryan and Jrue?
    What's the go with Ryan....is he to have surgery?

Thanks

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    You want an injury update... Well here it is.... STFU AND DEAL WITH IT. Per MD recommendation, take 1 "get over it" and move on with your season/life

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I'm not going to write up what it is. Just google dreaded black line. It wasn't a misdiagnosis . It was a, "let's hope and pray we can do this without surgery." Always do surgery as a last resort . If it is dreaded black line they are going to probably put pins in his shin and that is even more risky. Once again, this is all IF it is the dreaded black line stress fracture.
    Bro, dude. That kind of logical information is unwelcome here! If you wanna post something, come in here and blame some one in the front office... That's how you make an internet impact!

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Bro, dude. That kind of logical information is unwelcome here! If you wanna post something, come in here and blame some one in the front office... That's how you make an internet impact!

Haha thanks. Just to let you guys know. This is a very tough injury, and by no means is it a give that he returns to form after this surgery. Now I have no idea where the stress fracture is, but this is really bad news. There is no given how this is going to turn out. He hurt this by running and jumping, which is his career. For instance, retrospectively, grant hills injury was a "stress fracture" of the medial maleosis. I think most doctors would characterize the dreaded black line as a trickier diagnosis than the medial maleosis. It just not good news and this is why the pelican ls are mum on it right now. Someone should ask them about it at the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Am I not mistaken, but didn't the FO say that they would give us an injury update for both Ryan and Jrue?
    What's the go with Ryan....is he to have surgery?

Thanks
    Ryno is set to have a check up at the beginning of March, seeing as today is March 1st, I'd expect an update in the next 7 days.

Haha thanks. Just to let you guys know. This is a very tough injury, and by no means is it a give that he returns to form after this surgery. Now I have no idea where the stress fracture is, but this is really bad news. There is no given how this is going to turn out. He hurt this by running and jumping, which is his career. For instance, retrospectively, grant hills injury was a "stress fracture" of the medial maleosis. I think most doctors would characterize the dreaded black line as a trickier diagnosis than the medial maleosis. It just not good news and this is why the pelican ls are mum on it right now. Someone should ask them about it at the press conference.
    #montysfault

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    *le sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Ryno is set to have a check up at the beginning of March, seeing as today is March 1st, I'd expect an update in the next 7 days.
    TY

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    *le sigh*
    I feel you bro

Thread Information