Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Tank Back

Is the Tank Back

Where only 4 game out top 5 pick are we tanking?

It would make a lot of sense for us to tank..unfortunately Jrue will be back soon though

When's our next game against Philly? The tank-off of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    When's our next game against Philly? The tank-off of the season.
    played both games against Philly way early in the season... I think the Pels won those games by an average of like 67 points

ok I'm being mildly sarcastic... but the Pels were dominant in both contests against the 6ers... 20+ pt victories
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

As long as we didn't win over 30 games I think we have a shot @ keeping the pick

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    played both games against Philly way early in the season... I think the Pels won those games by an average of like 67 points

ok I'm being mildly sarcastic... but the Pels were dominant in both contests against the 6ers... 20+ pt victories
    Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    It would make a lot of sense for us to tank..unfortunately Jrue will be back soon though
    That was the report last week but he is still out indefinitely now. So he might not be back after all. Tankalicious. I've been done with Monty and everything that's been happening recently I with many others have been seeing all year. Not only all year but the last 3 years. This guy is not fit to be a head coach. Point blank period. I haven't seen to many Monty defenders lately tho. Guess they finally are recognizing how bad this guy really is. The things he is horrible at won't change when the guys who are injured come back. It's things that are gonna happen no matter who is playing. There are no excuses to keep this pathetic excuse for a coach on this team no longer.

There are 10 teams with worse records.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Imagine that.
    a season full of a healthy Jrue, Ryno, EJ, AD, Smitty... I fully believe that's a playoff line up... injuries were our main killer... following by strange rotations

Maybe AD needs to take a Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJacket View Post
    There are 10 teams with worse records.
    Very slim margin with 28-30 games left.

a season full of a healthy Jrue, Ryno, EJ, AD, Smitty... I fully believe that's a playoff line up... injuries were our main killer... following by strange rotations
    I can't help but envy the good health the Blazers had this season up until their last 2 games. I mean how many teams have had ALL of their starters healthy up until All-Star break? When/If Jrue comes back, he still won't really know his teammates tendencies because they just haven't played much together.

Not with this guy at coach.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    That was the report last week but he is still out indefinitely now. So he might not be back after all. Tankalicious.
    tank is on

Way too late to tank now. Looking forward to an offseason where the only thing we have going for us is getting healthy.

I would be for tanking if it would get us the 7th worst record, there would be a not insignificant chance we could hop into the Top 3 I suppose.

I'm so tired of sucking! I feel like they will until they get rid of Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDawg26 View Post
    I'm so tired of sucking! I feel like they will until they get rid of Monty.
    I tend to agree with the notion that we will continue to underachieve with Monty at the helm.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Outside of Wiggins, Parker and Embiid I don't see any huge difference makers that fill a need for us. And the chance of us landing a top 3 pick at this point is slim to none. I'm not getting my hopes up for the tank and the lottery again. Let's just win the games we can and get healthy this offseason.

Looking at the Schedule I can't see the team winning any more than 5 games
    without Jrue, Anderson & Smith returning.

Is 28 wins too much to keep the 5th pick?
    I think so unfortunately.

we not tanking, we suck
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Even if they do not get the 1st round pick, they will get the highest 2nd round pick.

I had no idea we had ever parked the tank, let alone left it somewhere to break it out later. As long as the man from Notre Dame is coaching this team, the tank is on patrol.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    we not tanking, we suck
    lmao this!

anyways even if we dont finish bottom 5 it would be cool if somehow we luck out in the lottery and get a top 3 pick anyway

I don't think a tank is on. I think we're just not that good.

Thread Information