Pelicans Report

Thread: NBA2k14 Lineup

NBA2k14 Lineup

Just wondering if any of ya'll play 2k and what starting and bench lineup do you use with the Pels? Mine goes like this:

jrue/rivers
    tyreke/gordon
    morrow/miller
    AD/aminu(ryno when you can use him)
    withey/ajinca

Well, I play with the current roster which takes into account injuries. Also play with 5 min quarters which means stamina and bench play are less significant. Anyways, my rotation usually looks like:

Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Morrow
    Evans/Miller
    Davis/Aminu
    Withey/Ajinca

Edit: Interesting to see our front court rotation is the same.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I forgot Jrue is technically available because we have so many injuries. I tend to leave him on the bench bc I want to simulate our real team as closely as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I forgot Jrue is technically available because we have so many injuries. I tend to leave him on the bench bc I want to simulate our real team as closely as possible.
    thats funny our frontcourt is the same.

question, even though u can use jrue because we have so many injures, don't if u use him online he isn't the same player and plays as his lower injured rating indicates? Thanks.

look at that! pels 2nd best defense in the nba in february

and he starts steamer again... smh...

i take it back, steamer just owned nene 3 times in a row lol

AD is a demi-god...

damnit i just realized im posting in the wrong thread lol

Tyreke/EJ/Rivers
    Jrue/EJ/Morrow/Darius
    Darius/Aminu/Morrow
    Davis/Anderson/Aminu
    Anderson/Davis/Withey

i havent played since we got babbit though, i would probably put him in front of aminu at SF or maybe starting there depending on his rating.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    thats funny our frontcourt is the same.

question, even though u can use jrue because we have so many injures, don't if u use him online he isn't the same player and plays as his lower injured rating indicates? Thanks.
    You are correct sir.

I'm a year in the future cause I started a new one on the present day and just simmed out the rest of the season to get to the off-season.
    I tried to do moves that made sense for both teams and weren't overly cheap. Let me know what yall think.

I traded our first round pick to Philly for their like 2015 second rd pick. To make it more realistic.
    I then traded Gordon to the Pistons for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and their 2014 first round pick (which was 9th overall)

I drafted Gary Harris, and then traded him to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler and my 2015 first and second round picks on draft night.

I signed Greg Monroe and Randy Foye (who got waived so he is on the league minimum contract). Resigned Ajinca and Smith during Free Agency. And also picked up Vander Blue cause he is cheap and I liked his name.

So my line up is:

Jrue/Rivers
    KCP/Foye/Blue
    Butler/Tyreke
    AD/Ryno/Smith
    Monroe/Withey/Ajinca

So far im 1-0 !!!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    My lineup is something like:

Jrue Holiday / Austin Rivers
    Eric Gordon / Anthony Morrow
    Dorrell Wright / Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson / Jason Smith / Luke Babbitt
    Anthony Davis / Vitor Faverani / Jeff Withey

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    My lineup is something like:

Jrue Holiday / Austin Rivers
    Eric Gordon / Anthony Morrow
    Dorrell Wright / Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson / Jason Smith / Luke Babbitt
    Anthony Davis / Vitor Faverani / Jeff Withey
    Did you just not resign aminu or did you trade him for Dorrell?

Here is my lineup after simming the first season:

PG: Holiday/ Rivers/ Lucas
    SG: Evans/Morrow
    SF: Jeff Green/ Dorell Wright
    PF: Mo Speights/ Anderson
    C: Davis/ Whithey/ Ajinca

Wright is injured and i'm still playing well. So many guys that can play different spots. Speights was probably the best signing because of his D and rebounding. We are the beat defensive rebounding team in the league by far. Still getting use to using Green. Once i get him figured out, i will be unstoppable. Withey is a beast in limited minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Jrue/Rivers
    Gordon/Evans
    Morrow/Miller
    Anderson/Aminu
    Davis/Steamer or Withey

ps4 gamer tag: Jregala84

Can someone tell me what happened to Ryno in 2K14?

Is not money from 3 anymore, and his shooting action has been changed (for the worse) which was perfect in 2K13.

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Is not money from 3 anymore, and his shooting action has been changed (for the worse) which was perfect in 2K13.

What gives?
    Ryno is a boss in real life but he is terrible in 2k14, especially if you play on a higher difficulty cause all the computer has to do is stick to him like glue. As much as i don't want to I will probably move him at some point in time to free up some cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

What gives?
    Yeah, he is upset in my franchise. I have Speights starting but Ryno with more minutes coming off of the bench. I edited his 3 point to 91 and edited his shot to a late release timing. The late shot release really helped because now he is hitting his threes. We are in the playoffs in my franchise and he is still upset. Might have to move him next season but don't want to for realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Yeah, he is upset in my franchise. I have Speights starting but Ryno with more minutes coming off of the bench. I edited his 3 point to 91 and edited his shot to a late release timing. The late shot release really helped because now he is hitting his threes. We are in the playoffs in my franchise and he is still upset. Might have to move him next season but don't want to for realism.

Yeah thats the one thing I hate about player roles. some players happily come off the bench. But in 2k they make it to where no one is ever happy about playing time. I bring Anderson and Reke off the bench so I play without player rolls on so they don't whine and demand a trade.

I probably have the best Pelicans squad that I have ever made, in the many years that I have been doing associations. I tried to keep it as real (2k standards) as possible, no trades for a superstar.

Im in the 2015 - 2016 season.

PG - Jrue, Rivers
    SG - J. Butler, Pietrus
    SF - Aaron Gordon, Evans, T. Prince
    PF - Davis, Ryno
    C - Miles Plumlee, Asik, Withey

had the game for 3 days now, every time i pass to gordon cannot hit anything even when he is wide open, his style just isnt doing it for me

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    had the game for 3 days now, every time i pass to gordon cannot hit anything even when he is wide open, his style just isnt doing it for me
    His shot is hard to get. But once you do we hits a lot. Online I used to wreck people with gordon.

Unless someone's near you and you get blocked. Gordon Is best when he's in motion.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Unless someone's near you and you get blocked. Gordon Is best when he's in motion.
    Yeah his release is ridiculous. I don't even try and shoot with him when I am playing the computer, unless I am the only one on one side of the court. Because its almost always a guaranteed block.

Thread Information