Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Tyreke struggles

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i know u werent being an *** and i know i use it too much, but with THIS point, it was correct and used correctly. Give credit where credits due
    I will when I see where it deserves it.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why are you only harping on his shooting? I've said multiple times he has been awful this year with jump shooting. I've never debated that. You and everyone else hang onto his shooting % for dear life to try and justify this undue hatred of him as if those are the only stats that matter at all and then ridicule/mock people who post other stats that support the belief that Reke is better than people are giving him credit.

He's averaging 10 minutes less per game than he averaged in Sacremento. The ONLY way to fairly assess this year versus previous years with Tyreke is through equalized stats. You can't say all his numbers are down and not account for him playing 33% less minutes per game this year. Ignoring the equalized stats, he is stilling having his highest AST% and TRB% of his career this year and is posting his lowest DRtg of his career. His TOV rate while up from last year is still lower than his career average, as is his FTr. Ironically enough Tyreke is shooting a career high % from 3-10ft. The problem Tyreke is having is this year he is finishing well lower than his career average from around the rim 0-3ft. He is down 14% this year from last year and 10% from his career average. I know people are hating on his jump shot and it definitely is bad, but he's taking 75% of his shots within 10ft of the basket. I'm not sure it's as big of an issue as people make it out to be. If he averages his career average from around the rim, what exactly can people complain about?

My biggest issue is people act like the only thing that matters is shooting and ignore all the other ways Tyreke impacts the game. I'm fine with people not liking Tyreke but they should at least be even when trying to assess a player and look at all stats instead of ignoring the ones that would change their opinion of him.
    I don't understand why you are even in this conversation. I was talking strictly about the use of the per36 stat, I like Tyreke Evans. But saying hey guys Evans isn't struggling because he is averaging blah blah blah per 36 is insane, it's make believe, not real and doesn't make sense when you aren't comparing 2 players.

I brought up his shooting % because I was explaining what per36 doesn't account for, if he was averaging 36mpg and scoring 18-6-6 he would also be taking away shots from people who are shooting better and we would definitely be losing more games. No **** stats are going to look better when you up someone's minutes, but his efficiency is horrible and the worst it's ever been in his career.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 02-26-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Kyrie hasn't declined, never shot 40% for a season, and again he is a guy that can play with just about anyone. You dont have to worry about spacing being an issue because of Kyrie. And he can score in just about any way, as opposed to Tyreke who can do nothing but take it to the hole and finish fast breaks. Horrible comparison
    Everyone........ Except Dion Waiters lol

Thread Information