Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Dumber question, why haven't we tried this with our Gordon?
    Why? Considering he has 2 more years remaining on his contract after this year for $30 million to go with the approximately $6 million remaining for this season, the Pelicans would have to pay close to $32 million or more for him not to play for them the next 2 seasons. That makes no sense.

Knicks bought out MWP and Udrih.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ace-beno-udrih

I think that is something that needs to change in the NBA. Bought out players need to be placed in some sort of waiver pool or something in order to limit the playoff contenders from unfairly stacking their teams before the playoffs. Alternatively, those bought out after the trade deadline should be ineligible for playoff rosters.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think that is something that needs to change in the NBA. Bought out players need to be placed in some sort of waiver pool or something in order to limit the playoff contenders from unfairly stacking their teams before the playoffs. Alternatively, those bought out after the trade deadline should be ineligible for playoff rosters.
    I agree about a waiver process, but not so much about the playoff eligibility

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Drew Gooden is about to sign a 10-day with Washington.

Assuming that has something to do with Nene being done for the year, or at least 6 weeks.

Why? Considering he has 2 more years remaining on his contract after this year for $30 million to go with the approximately $6 million remaining for this season, the Pelicans would have to pay close to $32 million or more for him not to play for them the next 2 seasons. That makes no sense.
    A buy out isn't necessarily 100% of the players remaining contract. It's a new negotiation. While I'll agree it won't make sense until he is an expiring I'm just thinking if he does not want to be here, just make believing here, he may take something smaller to go somewhere else.

One of my favorite players in the NBA, this is great news for him. I'm not ready to call him a bust until he gets an opportunity for a real franchise. Sacramento may be the worst place to go to develop

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    One of my favorite players in the NBA, this is great news for him. I'm not ready to call him a bust until he gets an opportunity for a real franchise. Sacramento may be the worst place to go to develop
    He's not a bust he's just not an all-star who got drafted by the wrong team (Draft day trade iirc). I think there are going to be a few teams interested.

Jimmer would fit great in San Antonio if the team was to remove one of their guards

A buy out isn't necessarily 100% of the players remaining contract. It's a new negotiation. While I'll agree it won't make sense until he is an expiring I'm just thinking if he does not want to be here, just make believing here, he may take something smaller to go somewhere else.
    My example was a savings of about $4 million (paying him $32 million instead of the $36 million owed). Even that is optimistic. What incentive would he have to give up millions?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    He's not a bust he's just not an all-star who got drafted by the wrong team (Draft day trade iirc). I think there are going to be a few teams interested.
    OKC, Spurs, Heat?

My example was a savings of about $4 million (paying him $32 million instead of the $36 million owed). Even that is optimistic. What incentive would he have to give up millions?
    To get away from New Orleans and to go to whatever team he chooses? I really don't know, also I did start out by saying it was a dumb question. It's the same incentive as the ones here saying "It's for sure" he'll opt out his last year.

Jimmer is going (home) to play in New York. They have a roster spot now that Ray Felton just got "Plax'd".

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Jimmer needs to go to a team with a PG. He's a scorer who can't create his own shot via atheticism or or off the dribble. I think a poor man's JJ Redick

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Jimmer needs to go to a team with a PG. He's a scorer who can't create his own shot via atheticism or or off the dribble. I think a poor man's JJ Redick
    Knicks could be a good fit, Melo needs guys to kick to

Earl Clark is signing with the Knicks.

Better coaching situation and I would be excited to have Jimmer here. Morrow will be gone, Anderson can't be our only shooter, Jimmer could open things up for our 2nd unit.

But the coaching situation isn't right, so let him go hone his skills elsewhere.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Apparently the Bucks are negotiating a buyout with Caron...yes, please.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Apparently the Bucks are negotiating a buyout with Caron...yes, please.
    Nobody is coming here. They are going to playoff teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Who we could have had if only we stayed healthy...and we had better coaching.

Looks like Granger is getting bought out too...I doubt he goes to Miami.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 02-25-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Nobody is coming here. They are going to playoff teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I know...

I'm just so sick of Aminu.

Thread Information