Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans after Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, but it's a LOT of tax relief.
    Yea, but as MM said, the Nets could send some compensation back for the tax relief like a 2nd rounder or cash.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Well, we can give them something and just absorb his deal into our exemption. For instance, we can do Withey for Hill. Hill will basically be traded into the Ryno exemption and Withey would be traded into a minimum exemption for LA.
    I'd be all over that.

Not sure, but we'd have his bird rights, which makes it a lot easier to re-sign him.
    I honestly think that if Hill gets increased minutes in our rotation, his value increases proportionally.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Yea, but as MM said, the Nets could send some compensation back for the tax relief like a 2nd rounder or cash.
    So could we. We already know that Dell hates 2nd rounders anyway haha

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I honestly think that if Hill gets increased minutes in our rotation, his value increases proportionally.
    It's possible, but that just means that we found our starting center, and I'm cool with that.

Nets don't have a pick to give until 2017 and that is a 2nd rounder. No 1sts or 2nds before then. I am sure they have used up all or most of their 3 mil that they can send in cash. Plus, they would already be paying like 17 mil for Hill. Sending cash would just bump that up more for a rotation player. That would be insane.
    @mcnamara247

It's possible, but that just means that we found our starting center, and I'm cool with that.
    Agreed. I'll be so bummed if we don't land him.

I just hope we don't send them pjax for him. Considering he expires this year and it's not guaranteed we sign him to stay here. Giving up pjax for a 30 game rental would be disastrous

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    You don't just cut Ajinca?
    If the choice to cut one person came down to Stiemsma or Ajinca... I'd cut Stiemsma and keep Ajinca. I feel that Ajinca is more useful, and is overall a better player. Stiemsma has more experience though. But in this case, I don't think experience trumps anything.

Player A: 15.6 pts, 12.9 rebs, 1.4 blks, 54.1 FG%

Player B: 15.7 pts, 7.8 rebs, 2.2 blks, 53.4 FG%

Player A is Jordan Hill's per 36 mins this year. Player B is Lopez's per 36 last year. As Dell said, he felt it was easier to find another guy like Lopez than find a dynamic guard like Tyreke. He gets Hill, and he is proven right.

Player A is Jordan Hill's per 36 mins this year. Player B is Lopez's per 36 last year. As Dell said, he felt it was easier to find another guy like Lopez than find a dynamic guard like Tyreke. He gets Hill, and he is proven right.
    That rebound difference makes me salivate at the prospect of acquiring him.

MM do you know if the disabled player exemption gives us an extra roster spot?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

per36.... GURU HACKED MACNAMARA'S ACCOUTN

Wouldn't we rather send a future 2nd rounder than Withey? Withey has shown some promise. He doesn't get enough run and the limited run he does get. He impresses big time. Hill would be a 30 day rental at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    If the choice to cut one person came down to Stiemsma or Ajinca... I'd cut Stiemsma and keep Ajinca. I feel that Ajinca is more useful, and is overall a better player. Stiemsma has more experience though. But in this case, I don't think experience trumps anything.
    Thats a no brainer.

We'd get rid of a Big if we got Hill correct? We don't have minutes for all the bigs we got now. Steamer has got to be on the move.

if we got him we'd need to give him enough minutes the rest of this season to convince him to stay for the MLE next year

Isn't Hill another power forward..

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Wouldn't we rather send a future 2nd rounder than Withey? Withey has shown some promise. He doesn't get enough run and the limited run he does get. He impresses big time. Hill would be a 30 day rental at this point.
    I guess, but we don't have a 2nd until 2016. If Lakers demanded Withey, what would you say? I mean, with AD, Ryno, Hill, Babbitt, Ajinca, and maybe Smith on this team next year, when would Withey play anyway.

Assuming we re-sign Hill of course, which I think we would do if we gave up an asset for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I want to believe Dell has someone on the phone talking to Hill's agent about the prospects of signing him beyond this season... or has a game plan behind it all

then the question becomes who has the smallest salary and most potential? I'd hope Steamer would be the odd man out b/c I believe both Withey and Ajinca are cheaper and know they both have a lot more upside
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I guess, but we don't have a 2nd until 2016. If Lakers demanded Withey, what would you say? I mean, with AD, Ryno, Hill, Babbitt, Ajinca, and maybe Smith on this team next year, when would Withey play anyway.

Assuming we re-sign Hill of course, which I think we would do if we gave up an asset for him.
    but u make it sound like we have the power to make him resign with us. what if he starts for us the 2nd half of the season, plays great and gets a big pay day from somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    but u make it sound like we have the power to make him resign with us. what if he starts for us the 2nd half of the season, plays great and gets a big pay day from somewhere else
    People are always in so much fear on this board that a guy is gonna bolt the first chance he gets. You gotta have faith in your organization at some point that people will want to play for you. Can't just always trade for guys with a million years left on their contract and hold them prisoner.

Then why isn't Hill a starter? Lopez value has more to do with his defense than those stats

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I want to believe Dell has someone on the phone talking to Hill's agent about the prospects of signing him beyond this season... or has a game plan behind it all

then the question becomes who has the smallest salary and most potential? I'd hope Steamer would be the odd man out b/c I believe both Withey and Ajinca are cheaper and know they both have a lot more upside
    Stiemsma will be 29 in September.
    Ajinca will be 26 in May.

Stiemesma is set for $2,676,000 for 1 year.
    Ajinca is set for $635,880 for 2 years.

Info taken from Wikipedia and ESPN Trade Machine

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Then why isn't Hill a starter? Lopez value has more to do with his defense than those stats
    With Hill being a better PnR defender (quick feet) and a vastly superior rebounder. Sure, Lopez will get a block if the play comes right to him, but he can't go get a block.

We don't need a rim protector anyway since we have Davis. We need a guy who can defend the PnR and grab rebounds. That is Hill.

Thread Information