Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Pelicans after Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    hopefully no one takes hill and the lakers are screwed
    They may just be....overplaying their hand a bit with Hill...

When is the deadline, 2 pm ? Zone

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    When is the deadline, 2 pm ? Zone
    Ct

Some 11/2 hours from now correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    They may just be....overplaying their hand a bit with Hill...
    Thats the story of the trade deadline these gm's act like they have gold but end up taking the same offer the received 2 months earlier.

Nets are now backing out on Jordan Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Some 11/2 hours from now correct ?
    more like 70 minutes...

The Franchise
    I'm hoping we backed out cause we have a better deal brewing.

I'm hoping we backed out bc the Lakers were trying to get more and we said nah bruh

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    more like 70 minutes...
    thanks

guess the lakers just love paying luxury tax because theres no shot he stays next year

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm hoping we backed out bc the Lakers were trying to get more and we said nah bruh
    this is the most likely scenario.....we all get taken advantage of at times, but not usually when we know its taking place.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Boy this will be a depressing trade deadline if a
    Steve Blake is the biggest piece moved.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lakers actually started Hill 19 games this year and he played quite well (10.6 pts and 8.4 rebs in just 23 minutes and an offensive rating of 116 with a defensive rating of 104)
    Next question.
    Jordan Hill is the Jon Koncak of today's NBA. somewhat serviceable, slow and slightly un-athletic...with good height and body size. I watched him get utterly destroyed in playoff competition couple years back...i mean he was embarrassed badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandeDavid View Post
    And for the emotionally distraught fans who have stopped feeling this fifth championship, grow a pair or please keep quiet. You only feed the trolls with your remorse and weakness.
    - LMMFAO

JON KONCAK! THE FATHER OF BIG CONTRACTS!!!!!!!!!! sick reference man so sick.

wow!!

"In 1989, the Hawks, who were supposedly trying to keep their reserve player Jon Koncak from being signed by the Detroit Pistons, gave Koncak a 13 million dollar 6 year deal. I think it was more like Detroit wanted to handcuff the Hawks in future years drafts and they did it by getting them to shell out this ridiculous contract to a bit player. Worked like a charm too. The Hawks received criticism all around the league. Koncak was paid more than Michael Jordan, more than Larry Bird, more than Magic Johnson. "

Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    JON KONCAK! THE FATHER OF BIG CONTRACTS!!!!!!!!!! sick reference man so sick.

wow!!

"In 1989, the Hawks, who were supposedly trying to keep their reserve player Jon Koncak from being signed by the Detroit Pistons, gave Koncak a 13 million dollar 6 year deal. I think it was more like Detroit wanted to handcuff the Hawks in future years drafts and they did it by getting them to shell out this ridiculous contract to a bit player. Worked like a charm too. The Hawks received criticism all around the league. Koncak was paid more than Michael Jordan, more than Larry Bird, more than Magic Johnson. "
    2.2 million a year...i remember it like yesterday and I was a Hawks fan growing up. Dominique, Spud, Moses, Doc rivers...even at the young age i was at...i couldn't believe that deal when i saw it.

Thread Information