Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Knicks vs. Pelicans Game thread

I was yelling for us to double Melo too... then I remembered JR was on fire... Hardaway was on fire... one of those 2 players were gonna take the shot if not Melo. Pick your poison I guess. The reality is we don't have a competent defensive SF.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I was yelling for us to double Melo too... then I remembered JR was on fire... Hardaway was on fire... one of those 2 players were gonna take the shot if not Melo. Pick your poison I guess. The reality is we don't have a competent defensive SF.
    You just run a trap on Melo, and then play rotation game. We need some nice things in rotations tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    THATS BACKCOURT VIOLATION ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    ball never crossed midcourt... even though Melo's foot did
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    He was standing on 1 foot in back court. That's over and back. Bull****.

Also that's why you don't put AD on Melo. He can't guard him. Monty better come up with something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Horrible call by the officiating. Melo was clearly in the offensive zone and then passed it back to Chandler who was in the defensive end.
    The guy a few seats down from me was yelling his butt off about this saying how it's over and back. That was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    The guy a few seats down from me was yelling his butt off about this saying how it's over and back. That was ridiculous.

I was mad Monty didn't argue that backcourt call. He just was standing there holding the clipboard and didn't ask for a replay. I'm really losing my patience with Monty.

ERIC GORDON WAS NOT IN THE LOCKER ROOM. HE WAS RIDING THE BIKE PROBABLY TRYING TO STAY LOSE.

When JR was going off in the beginning of the 2nd and 4th, I couldn't understand why Rivers wasn't on him. Pretty sure Tyreke has the footspeed to guard Prigioni. And in the 4th, no Knick was making shots outside of Melo. At least double him to get the ball out of his hands. If the other guys start making shots, stop doubling, but until then you HAVE to.

Also pulling Rivers for Roberts and leaving Reke was a bit puzzling

Roberts chucking up shots and ball hogging in the last 4 minutes of the game, and that's what you get, a L. Also he made 2 key turnovers in the last minute.
    I'm glad it was him.

Rivers was playing great and was subbed without any reason to put Fetish Roberts in. Well, suck that L now, Monty.
    Last edited by takezor; 02-20-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by takezor View Post
    Roberts chucking up shots and ball hogging in the last 4 minutes of the game, and that's what you get, a L. Also he made 2 key turnovers in the last minute.
    I'm glad it was him.

Rivers was playing great and was subbed without any reason to put Fetish Roberts in. Well, suck that L now, Monty.
    And AD let Melo score 6 straight points. Their is blame to be had. It's never just on one player or one play in the game. AD was a turnover machine in the first half. Tyreke was settling. Morrow and Babbitt were missing some open looks. Rivers was hesitating on open 3s. I mean it was a pretty rough game that we had to fight back from 13 down, and just didn't have enough good stuff to climb that hill late in the game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And AD let Melo score 6 straight points. Their is blame to be had. It's never just on one player or one play in the game. AD was a turnover machine in the first half. Tyreke was settling. Morrow and Babbitt were missing some open looks. Rivers was hesitating on open 3s. I mean it was a pretty rough game that we had to fight back from 13 down, and just didn't have enough good stuff to climb that hill late in the game.
    Plainly stated, we lost. Blame goes for the team as a whole. Melo would not be denied. ANd it wasn't even like AD was getting worked by Melo as in letting him drive past him or not contesting in time. Melo is really, really good. And that's what happens at times.

No shame in taking that particular loss. Pretty even game for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Plainly stated, we lost. Blame goes for the team as a whole. Melo would not be denied. ANd it wasn't even like AD was getting worked by Melo as in letting him drive past him or not contesting in time. Melo is really, really good. And that's what happens at times.

No shame in taking that particular loss. Pretty even game for the most part.
    Yep I agree, but I just don't like it when all the blame is put on one guy, when the whole team came out flat.

I saw a lot of good things. Melo having close to 50% of the Knicks points is just unstoppable. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-P View Post
    I was mad Monty didn't argue that backcourt call. He just was standing there holding the clipboard and didn't ask for a replay. I'm really losing my patience with Monty.
    He got plenty upset during this game. Especially with the JR Smith Flop on the Steamer screen, and Gordon not getting calls.

I didn't mean to blame all the lose in Roberts. With "I'm glad it was him." I wanted to say I'm happy that if someone had to mess things up at the end of the game, it was Roberts.
    He didn't cost us the game, but he was irrelevant for the most part. And what's more, he shouldn't have come with 4min left in the 4Q. He should have stayed riding the bench and carrying the waterbottles which is what he does best.

But I already assume that he has to come in a tight game always no matter how good or how bad he was playing before, or if there is a guy already in his position who is playing good/great.
    Last edited by takezor; 02-20-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by takezor View Post
    I didn't mean to blame all the lose in Roberts. With "I'm glad it was him." I wanted to say I'm happy that if someone had to mess things up at the end of the game, it was Roberts.
    He didn't cost us the game, but he was irrelevant for the most part. And what's more, he shouldn't have come with 4min left in the 4Q. He should have stayed riding the bench and carrying the waterbottles which is what he does best.

But I already assume that he has to come in a tight game always no matter how good or how bad he was playing before, or if there is a guy already in his position who is playing good/great.
    I don't like Roberts at all. he has his moments when he actually plays like a PG but he should be coming off the bench. His defense is not good at all. Monty has a man crush on him and Aminu for some reason.

He got plenty upset during this game. Especially with the JR Smith Flop on the Steamer screen, and Gordon not getting calls.
    He sure did. Sitting there in the arena watching, I thought sure he was going to get a tech on one of those. Don't remember which one but he was plenty upset. Gordon got a tech for complaining about a no call but Tyson didn't get a tech for doing the same thing. I don't know what Gordon said though, but he got a tech and an animated Tyson didn't. That has been my main problem with officials for quite some time now. It's rarely ever evenly called. If you're gonna call it one way on one end, call it the same way on the other end.

I don't know what to say about Monty anymore. He's a stubborn coach IMO. If I am at the game and almost everyone there knows your rotations and the exact moment they are going to enter the game then something is wrong. We knew what minute mark, what player he was subbing in and who was coming out of the game. I'm no coach but I am sick of this same rerun every time I am at these games or watching it on TV. I am sick of losing games the same way every year with this coach. I feel like I am wasting my money on season tix even though they aren't that expensive.

I don't like Roberts at all. he has his moments when he actually plays like a PG but he should be coming off the bench. His defense is not good at all. Monty has a man crush on him and Aminu for some reason.
    Is it a man crush or do we just not have better options at the positions right now?

I don't understand what Monty see in Roberts he's the ultimate ball stopper, never have the offense playing good together, and he's stopping Rivers growth. If Rivers make 2 bad plays Monty will pull him from the game as soon as he can but he'll let Roberts make nothing but bad plays and still leave him in the game or put him on the court in crunch time. Our team won't be improved untill the likes of Roberts isn't on the team anymore.

I don't know what to say about Monty anymore. He's a stubborn coach IMO. If I am at the game and almost everyone there knows your rotations and the exact moment they are going to enter the game then something is wrong. We knew what minute mark, what player he was subbing in and who was coming out of the game. I'm no coach but I am sick of this same rerun every time I am at these games or watching it on TV. I am sick of losing games the same way every year with this coach. I feel like I am wasting my money on season tix even though they aren't that expensive.
    Sounds to me like consistency which has been the biggest gripe with Monty's rotations all year.

So you are saying Monty does the exact same thing with rotations every game, but almost everyone else says he too inconsistent with which players get playing time wekk to week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Is it a man crush or do we just not have better options at the positions right now?
    Brokeback Mountain Man crush IMO. How do we know if we have better options if the young players don't get playing time. It's not like this team is winning a lot of games.

Brokeback Mountain Man crush IMO. How do we know if we have better options if the young players don't get playing time.
    I think they have practices and stuff between the games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like consistency which has been the biggest gripe with Monty's rotations all year.

So you are saying Monty does the exact same thing with rotations every game, but almost everyone else says he too inconsistent with which players get playing time wekk to week.
    I haven't been able to watch many games lately, but when I did, I'd say he doesn't adjust to what the other team is doing. They seemed to know how stubborn he is on rotations so they sneak crucial starters back in early while Monty sticks with scrubs 3 to 5 minutes too long.

The same with the help D. Our players will aggressively sag off excellent catch and shoot 3pt shooters no matter how many times they get burned. Scouting report be damned.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post

What are those? Clearly, Monty should just listen to what PR says and all of a sudden, we won't lose another game!

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post

Thread Information