Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivers on way out/Jackson on way in?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Lol...I feel ya. I'd hate to lose Austin but I'm so curious to see what player(s) they have targeted

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    +2

Tough call for @Pelicans on Pierre Jackson. Hate to trade him w/o an NBA look-see, but if they give him one, could actually drive down value

https://twitter.com/bbdoolittle/stat...64217883648000

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    Tough call for @Pelicans on Pierre Jackson. Hate to trade him w/o an NBA look-see, but if they give him one, could actually drive down value

https://twitter.com/bbdoolittle/stat...64217883648000
    I guess we will see how much value he really has now though as the Pelicans seem dead set on getting rid of him.

Not sure the Wizards have anything (that they would realistically give up) of interest.

I really hope this is a trade involving rivers by himself. I really wanna see pierre play. If he comes in the ret of this year and balls out. His value will double what it's worth right now I bet. We might can get something much better this summer. Of course we could keep him too. Pjax passing abilities are under rated big time. Dude can straight dish it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Wiz are in playoff mode. They wont be giving up Ariza.
    I just don't believe that. They are a lock to make the playoffs already, keeping Ariza won't make them go deep, and if they can get back cheap guard depth for a player that is going to walk this summer I don't see why they would turn this down unless someone is willing to give a better deal.

This move also doesn't eat too much into their cap this offseason so they can still sign a big piece. It shores up a position of need for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I guess we will see how much value he really has now though as the Pelicans seem dead set on getting rid of him.

Not sure the Wizards have anything (that they would realistically give up) of interest.
    Do they give up on Otto porter?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If our only objective is to just trade him, then we need to trade him immediately. You can't wafer on this because he could blow out his Achilles or take up competitive baby tossing and wreck his trade value.

Or we could keep him and use his talents for our own team's benefit...but...pfft, that's a silly notion. He's short. And only played well in D-League.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Do they give up on Otto porter?
    Can't see it. Too soon.

No matter how the Wizards slice it, I don't see Ariza, Porter & Webster all being on the team come opening night next year. Either they resign Ariza long term or they let him walk - someone of the three has to be available

I really hope this is a trade involving rivers by himself. I really wanna see pierre play. If he comes in the ret of this year and balls out. His value will double what it's worth right now I bet. We might can get something much better this summer. Of course we could keep him too. Pjax passing abilities are under rated big time. Dude can straight dish it!!!
    He could also repeat the preseason and wreck any trade value he does have and be useless to us and we lose rivers.

Imonlysaying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    No matter how the Wizards slice it, I don't see Ariza, Porter & Webster all being on the team come opening night next year. Either they resign Ariza long term or they let him walk - someone of the three has to be available
    Ariza is the one to walk. If they let him and Gortat go they can sign a near max to put together with Wall. If they trade Ariza for guard depth with Rivers and Pierre that still gives them 12ish million to sign a player with. They are determined to get some one next to Wall no I see this trade as a good way for them to shore up their guard depth without hurting their cap.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Porter please

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ariza is the one to walk. If they let him and Gortat go they can sign a near max to put together with Wall. If they trade Ariza for guard depth with Rivers and Pierre that still gives them 12ish million to sign a player with. They are determined to get some one next to Wall no I see this trade as a good way for them to shore up their guard depth without hurting their cap.
    I'd be game for that - Aminu and/or Steimsma can be thrown in there as expiring contracts to make it work assuming we target a big man with that disabled exception

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Any one of those guys would be a great fit with this team and Monty and Dell was a fan of Webster in the offseason, so they are possibly targeting him. He may be the realistic return for Rivers and Jackson also.
    Last edited by wuggie; 02-18-2014 at 02:19 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Any one of those guys would be great fits with this team and Monty and Dell was a fan of Webster in the offseason, so they are possibly targeting him.
    Problem is Webster is on a cheaper contract and is already signed. Ariza will demand more money and be on a longer contract. I just don't think the Wizards give up Webster to keep Ariza. I see them as letting Webster be the bridge while Porter develops and using cap for a bigger star.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Can't see it. Too soon.
    Not really, Thomas Robinson was on like 3 teams his rookie year.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

I'd be game for that - Aminu and/or Steimsma can be thrown in there as expiring contracts to make it work assuming we target a big man with that disabled exception
    I think Jordan Hill is a very likely candidate for this exception. Mike D. Has been said to be very down on Hill and as MM pointed out this move saves them 7.5M in tax this year. For a player that was always going to be gone this summer that's a good deal. The bigger issue is if they don't take a player back, who do we clear off the roster spot to make room for him?

I'm not sure if Anderson gets that exception if he will still count against our roster or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    He could also repeat the preseason and wreck any trade value he does have and be useless to us and we lose rivers.

Imonlysaying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Yea anything can happen. There's always 2 sides of the spectrum of course. What are u taking about in the pre season? Wasn't aware pjax ever put on a pelicans uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think Jordan Hill is a very likely candidate for this exception. Mike D. Has been said to be very down on Hill and as MM pointed out this move saves them 7.5M in tax this year. For a player that was always going to be gone this summer that's a good deal. The bigger issue is if they don't take a player back, who do we clear off the roster spot to make room for him?

I'm not sure if Anderson gets that exception if he will still count against our roster or not.
    Jordan hill looks to be going to the nets I believe it was. Them or some other team was mentioned as having a deal lined up for him.

That was indeed the rumor, but he will cost them 17M..

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    That was indeed the rumor, but he will cost them 17M..
    ??

Honestly, giving up on rivers like, one year and a half after we drafted him, and on jackson too, leaving us with that incompetently (does it exist? Whatever) awful roberts, well, it certainly does **** me off. Now, if it actually happens i'm going to hold judgement off until i see who we get in exchange but if it's another rent or something like that...bah

With his salary and the tax, that trade will coste them 17M, so I'm not so sure that they will do it.

Jordan hill looks to be going to the nets I believe it was. Them or some other team was mentioned as having a deal lined up for him.
    The nets were going to do the same thing the Pels were which was use a disabled player exception to get him. But if the Nets actually did it they would have to pay roughly 17M extra in luxury tax. I'm just not sure the nets are willing to pay that much money.

The Pels can offer the same thing and run no risk of hitting luxury tax. I'm not sold the nets make a move and aim not sure who the Lakers would pick. We could give them a cheap guard (Roberts) if they want something and give them depth.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    With his salary and the tax, that trade will coste them 17M, so I'm not so sure that they will do it.
    Oh ok got ya. I wasn't sure who u were replying to In your post. Lol

Thread Information