Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rumor: Pels looking to trade Rivers and Pierre in package deal

The Franchise
    http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-...thers-1.467405

Cavaliers have shown interest in acquiring the rights of point guard Pierre Jackson

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-...thers-1.467405

Cavaliers have shown interest in acquiring the rights of point guard Pierre Jackson
    Bringing Jarrett Jack back home?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Bringing Jarrett Jack back home?
    I'd love to somehow turn Gordon into Jack plus other pieces, but I believe they are talking about moving Jack for something else like Marcus Thornton and then bringing in Pierre Jackson.

I like Rivers and don't want to see him go. Though I am a Rivers fan, I don't think we can get someone really good with these two without giving up another player.
    Personally, I would see Gordon 1 for 2. (the only player in Saints & pels gets larger checks than him is Drew Brees!! And we are down in people, it would be nice to get two decent players) but I don't really think that any team will bother to match the deak
    Or Brian Roberts for draft pick and bring Pierre Jackson to the SKC!

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

So much Roberts hate and so much Rivers love. This might be my favorite thread of 2014.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamelessPel View Post
    So much Roberts hate and so much Rivers love. This might be my favorite thread of 2014.
    The Rivers love seems mutual. I don't see any teams pining for Roberts in a trade. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ShamelessPel View Post
    Almost every thread ends with Roberts sucks or Monty should be fired!

Monty did not talk to Pierre one time this week when Pierre was in town. Take it for what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Monty did not talk to Pierre one time this week when Pierre was in town. Take it for what it's worth

Why would he? It's Demps that would be reaching out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Why would he? It's Demps that would be reaching out to him.
    If you thought the guy was going to be on your team next year, you wouldn't have any desire to reach out to him and talk concepts?

They never have given him anything to work on specifically according to him. That was my first clue a while back that he was never in the long term plans. Normally, when u send a guy there, it is with specific directives.

Always been fishy to me

If you thought the guy was going to be on your team next year, you wouldn't have any desire to reach out to him and talk concepts?

They never have given him anything to work on specifically according to him. That was my first clue a while back that he was never in the long term plans. Normally, when u send a guy there, it is with specific directives.

Always been fishy to me

What were the specifics they gave Darius Miller? I never heard anything but fan speculation on that. It's fishy, but I think we all knew from the start Jackson was just an asset.

Always been fishy to me

Is Monty's job security that safe?
    YOU PLAYING BASKETBALL IN PELICAN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is Rivers being shopped he needs to stay and Roberts a throw in on any deal! We can package Pierre, Aminu, Roberts and our 4.1 mil exception to get whatever we want in terms of acquiring a big or SF please don't trade Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by brentmd2 View Post
    Why is Rivers being shopped he needs to stay and Roberts a throw in on any deal! We can package Pierre, Aminu, Roberts and our 4.1 mil exception to get whatever we want in terms of acquiring a big or SF please don't trade Rivers.
    Cannot combine 4.1 M exception with anything. It stands by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Cannot combine 4.1 M exception with anything. It stands by itself.
    Thanks for the info

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    What about a deal similar to:

Pelicans trade: Rivers, Aminu, Pierre Jackson, Whithey

Pelicans receive: Asik

Houston trades: Asik

Houston gets: Aminu, Rivers, Whithey, Magic second rounder

Cavs trade: Magic second rounder

Cavs receive: Pierre Jackson

The Cavs have expressed interest in Jackson, and that Magic second is about as close to the first round as any pick I think you will see dealt this deadline. It's a lot of young assets, but wouldn't it be worth to add Asik to Davis, Anderson, Gordon, Evans, Holiday, Smith, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    What about a deal similar to:

Pelicans trade: Rivers, Aminu, Pierre Jackson, Whithey

Pelicans receive: Asik

Houston trades: Asik

Houston gets: Aminu, Rivers, Whithey, Magic second rounder

Cavs trade: Magic second rounder

Cavs receive: Pierre Jackson

The Cavs have expressed interest in Jackson, and that Magic second is about as close to the first round as any pick I think you will see dealt this deadline. It's a lot of young assets, but wouldn't it be worth to add Asik to Davis, Anderson, Gordon, Evans, Holiday, Smith, etc.
    Houston wants much more than that from the reports. Their asking price is way too high for that guy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Houston wants much more than that from the reports. Their asking price is way too high for that guy IMO.
    Yeah, and they are on the hook for $15 million for his salary next year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I don't think there's any way that Houston trades Asik to a team in their own conference, as much as I'd like for him to be on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I don't think there's any way that Houston trades Asik to a team in their own conference, as much as I'd like for him to be on this team.
    For the right price they will. It is not like he is a star that changes the game.

Yea they may prefer to send him ooc but if the deal is something they like. He will go to any of the other teams in nba no matter the conference.

There is a things to watch in the second half article in the team website. It definitely mentioned Austin Rivers is one to watch as a reserve. I am getting comforts from that but it also suggests Holiday will be out for a while.
    The strange part is, the post didn't talk Reke at all~ I am not a huge fan of him but in games he was thinking things right, he is a huge part of the team with big time points and assists. Personally, I think Reke plus someone else, would get us someone really good~

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

Thread Information