Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Pels looking to trade Rivers and Pierre in package deal

Rumor: Pels looking to trade Rivers and Pierre in package deal

If we trade these two guy for some mediocre or scrub player I will be pissed. You don't trade potential for mediocrity and I feel like this is what Dell will do.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Austin-Rivers

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Dell hates Austin and Pierre

Sounds like a package the Grizz would like for Koufos.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Sounds like a package the Grizz would like for Koufos.
    I like Austin but I'd like this trade more.
    @DanielVeuleman

That sounds more like a Demps trade. He seems to like the smaller trades that may net a role player.

It better be for something serious. If we still have Gordon and Tyreke, but Rivers and Pierre are gone, I WILL BE PISSED.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Let's just get rid of Gordon and call it a season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE CAP SPACE

we get rid of a 5'8" D Leaguer and at best a back up pg, what are getting back exactly?
    never assume

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE LEBRON

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Austin, Pierre, and Aminu works for Jeff Green.

Or Thaddeus Young

Or Wilson Chandler.

Wouldn't mind any of those. Then, you got the MLE to get a big or you trade Gordon for a big and use the MLE for a SG. I could live with that.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Or Thaddeus Young

Or Wilson Chandler.

Wouldn't mind any of those. Then, you got the MLE to get a big or you trade Gordon for a big and use the MLE for a SG. I could live with that.
    Getting a SF lets us trade Gordon for a big, moving Evans to SG. I like that line up much better. Especially if that big is that trade the ESPN author wants to happen that brings in Tyson Chandler for Gordon.

Or Thaddeus Young

Or Wilson Chandler.

Seems to good to be true! Demps would be on Loomis level if he can pull that one off!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDawg26 View Post
    Seems to good to be true! Demps would be on Loomis level if he can pull that one off!
    Loomis level? What has Loomis done in the NFL trade scene? I can't recall anything worth while.

Or Thaddeus Young

Or Wilson Chandler.

I really like Austin and will be pulling for him his entire career, but if we can get any of those guys I don't see how we turn it down. A backup SG who "might" develop into a starter or might not, a DLeaguer who hasn't seen the NBA, and Aminu for any of those 3 guys is a steal.

I think if anyone seriously stands back and assess what Austin's peak is (I think if we're being honest he might develop into Jarrett Jack with a slightly worse shot but better handling and defense) then i don't see why we wouldn't make this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Loomis level? What has Loomis done in the NFL trade scene? I can't recall anything worth while.
    I think he is speaking more on the level of one of Loomis' many surprise payoff signings. But you are right, he hasn't done much other than turn Reggie Bush into cap space.

If Del had half as much success as Loomis we would be in the playoffs most years, and the years we were not we would be putting together the pieces to get us right back to the playoffs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Parys Harrelson is great (at least in Madden 25)

Man if we can get any if those trades MM posted I'd be Avery happy camper. I prefer Jeff green to all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Man if we can get any if those trades MM posted I'd be Avery happy camper. I prefer Jeff green to all of those.
    AVERYJOHNSON?!?! NOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    AVERYJOHNSON?!?! NOOOOOOO
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    NFL is a completely different game. There are not nearly as many big trades in the NFL.

Or Thaddeus Young

Or Wilson Chandler.

Would be nice, but don't see any of those happening (without having a 1st rounder). Would be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    NFL is a completely different game. There are not nearly as many big trades in the NFL.
    So? Someone said Demps could reach Loomis level. Demps is already above Loomis level (which is very low) in regards to trades.

Now... Loomis is the man with the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would be nice, but don't see any of those happening (without having a 1st rounder). Would be pleasantly surprised.
    The question is: Does Boston still view Austin the way they did two years ago, when they tried to trade up to get him. And it wasn't because of Doc; Ainge loved him.

And does Boston view Pierre as a first round pick, as some on this board do? If so, they are basically getting 2 1st round picks and clearing about 5 mil off their books next year for Green.

Or maybe they just like Austin and Pierre goes elsewhere. Would they take Austin, Aminu, Orlando's 2014 2nd rounder, and Miami's 2015 1st for Green? (With Pierre going to Cleveland)

You look at how the Magic tried to get a nice bounty for JJ Reddick last year and had to settle for much less than they were asking for, and wonder if some of these rebuilding teams would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I think he is speaking more on the level of one of Loomis' many surprise payoff signings. But you are right, he hasn't done much other than turn Reggie Bush into cap space.

If Del had half as much success as Loomis we would be in the playoffs most years, and the years we were not we would be putting together the pieces to get us right back to the playoffs.
    Yeah thanks!

Thread Information