Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    It looks like the Rockets want a 1st round pick somewhere in their deal for Asik. You can count us out for that one I guess, unless of course that is why we are trying to trade Morrow?
    Yeah that would make sense.

I just don't see Asik getting that much. He's on a bad contract, on a team that desperately needs to move him, with a league full of teams in tank mode that want to keep their 1st rounders. It's a bad time to be demanding a 1st. But the Rockets knew this going into courting Howard. They back off of this stance Or they become willing to take back a bad contract to get a 1st.

Asik, Casspi, Beverley for Gordon and 2016 1st?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-18-2014 at 04:23 PM.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lypfewx

Also if we can get a 1st in possible Morrow trade I would through that in.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Pelicans don't need to give up a 1st rd pick necesarily. They just need to find someone the Rockets value as much as a first rd pick. Can they do that with Rivers, Pierre, Aminu, Morrow, the exception, etc..?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

I'm sure Sixers aren't adding salary good news for Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Pelicans don't need to give up a 1st rd pick necesarily. They just need to find someone the Rockets value as much as a first rd pick. Can they do that with Rivers, Pierre, Aminu, Morrow, the exception, etc..?
    One rumor is that they want the 1st to make a run at Rondo. That seems like a longshot.

If we are able to get Asik who play's SF does Morrow, Miller or Babbitt start?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Morrow

I hope this deadline is fun.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Asik, Jeff Green or IIyasova which player do you think we will trade for

Quote Originally Posted by R_Ash View Post
    Asik, Jeff Green or IIyasova which player do you think we will trade for
    Why would we want Ilyasova?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why would we want Ilyasova?
    Sorry meant Greg Monroe

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l75gydl

or if we take Villanueva off there hand we could possible get Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by R_Ash View Post
    Sorry meant Greg Monroe

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l75gydl

or if we take Villanueva off there hand we could possible get Monroe
    how do you get those two confused ?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    how do you get those two confused ?
    They look alike? Ya?

LOL was thinking about the Bucks rumors

If we get a first round pick, I hope we draft Elfrid Payton from ULL. he's the only player in the draft who avg better than 20-5-5 and he is a defensive whiz like Holliday. I could see Monty really liking him, plus it is safe to assume his skills transfer; he is so fast.

I know PG doesn't seem like a position of need, but the Pels are in a good location to get a good one-up assesing his abilities

Doubt it! Nothing has happen yet. It's like a middle school dance where everybody is on the sides giggling at each other afraid to make a move.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sheee. I was just mistaken for Ilyasova at Mcdonalds.

The Pelicans should be all over Jordan Hill. Reportedly the Nets are considering offering a 2nd rounder to absorb Hill into their exception (in order to save the Lakers luxury tax payments). However, they are a little cautious about doing it given the $17.5 million luxury tax bill it will cost them. Hill would fit nicely into our exception and gives us part of a season to try him out.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The Pelicans should be all over Jordan Hill. Reportedly the Nets are considering offering a 2nd rounder to absorb Hill into their exception (in order to save the Lakers luxury tax payments). However, they are a little cautious about doing it given the $17.5 million luxury tax bill it will cost them. Hill would fit nicely into our exception and gives us part of a season to try him out.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That's a super desperate move by the Nets. Asking the owner to pay an extra 17.5M on top of their already extremely stupid luxury tax would be crazy. Then saying, "Oh btw we are going to give them a 2nd rounder too" for the privilege of paying that extra money. . .i dunno.

The Lakers would make this trade without getting anything back because it saves them just over 7M in luxury tax if they move him. For a player that Mike D doesn't like. I just have to imagine at some point the owner steps in and says enough is enough. The injury to Brook Lopez sucks and killed their chances but Jordan isn't going to put them over the top and would just be wasting money. I just can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's a super desperate move by the Nets. Asking the owner to pay an extra 17.5M on top of their already extremely stupid luxury tax would be crazy. Then saying, "Oh btw we are going to give them a 2nd rounder too" for the privilege of paying that extra money. . .i dunno.

The Lakers would make this trade without getting anything back because it saves them just over 7M in luxury tax if they move him. For a player that Mike D doesn't like. I just have to imagine at some point the owner steps in and says enough is enough. The injury to Brook Lopez sucks and killed their chances but Jordan isn't going to put them over the top and would just be wasting money. I just can't see it happening.
    Hopefully we can sign jordan hamilton in the offseason and use our MLE on jordan hill.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Hopefully we can sign jordan hamilton in the offseason and use our MLE on jordan hill.
    I'd be all for that.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    It's fun (funny?) on here anyway.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information