Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

I think we are more likely to see Gordon and Rivers for Mayo and Illyasova.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liger420 View Post
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm not going to lie. I would strongly consider that trade. I'd be pretty uncomfortable with Rondo only having 1 year left though.
    Absolutely. An extension would have to be in place.

I'm sorry but Jrue is too flexible to be moved for Rondo with how our team is constructed. His ability to play SG and allow Evans to take over as main ball handler is too good. Also, while Jrue needs to improve with his assists this year he did assist on 39% of scoring plays when he was in the game for us. Rondo averaged 41% assists for his career so if Jrue has shown improvement and is very close to Rondo's average.

When you look at how Jrue has performed for us compared to Rondo's career it breaks down like this:
    J - 14-4-8-2
    R - 11-5-8-2

The tiebreaker for me is Jrue is shooting 39% from 3pt and 81% from the FT while only being 1 month older than Lilliard. Rondo is 4 years older, shoots 25% from 3pt, and 62% from the FT line. He would assist to Davis a lot and make Evans need to be traded while we kept Gordon. I see no way Evans and Rondo can be in the backcourt together.

I'd just rather a Jrue / Evans backcourt. Evans can be a beast for us. Heck even in this up and down season for him when you look at his per36 dude is STILL putting up numbers that rival his rookie year (and beats it in Assists and rebounds). Trade for Rondo and that means we are also having to make another trade. If we stay put we're actually better as a unit in the backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k3agv3p

Gordon
    Aminu
    Rivers

For

Wallace
    Green
    Sullinger
    They are really high on Sullinger. He's going no where.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k3agv3p

Gordon
    Aminu
    Rivers

For

Wallace
    Green
    Sullinger
    Why would Boston want to take back Gordon's contract? that's like the anti idea of what they're trying to do. I mean, I'd do the trade if they were down for it but I just don't see them giving up Green and Sullinger for Gordon and Rivers.

Are you banking on the hope that they take this deal to get rid of Wallace?

I would rather that over any deal with the celtics. They don't have many pieces worth getting!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsFan View Post
    Its being reported Sacramento offered MacLemore, Thomas and two first round picks but Rondo wouldn't sign an extension. That's a major problem if you are trying to acquire Rondo
    Too bad for the Celtics as that would have been a nice haul.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsFan View Post
    Its being reported Sacramento offered MacLemore, Thomas and two first round picks but Rondo wouldn't sign an extension. That's a major problem if you are trying to acquire Rondo
    LOL! They just drafted Ben Mac... and for what? To trade him half-ay thru his 1st season? Sacto is a mess. I wouldn't sign an extension there either I don't blame Rondo one bit.

Why would we do this? We get rid of Gordon's awful contract for Mayo's awful contract and another stretch 4?

Only way we do this is if we are flipping Illyasova for Asik and even then we'd be kinda hamstring to sign a SF.

thanks dell

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why would Boston want to take back Gordon's contract? that's like the anti idea of what they're trying to do. I mean, I'd do the trade if they were down for it but I just don't see them giving up Green and Sullinger for Gordon and Rivers.

Are you banking on the hope that they take this deal to get rid of Wallace?
    If I'm Celtics, armed with draft choices to build a new foundation, I value a young set of Gordon/Rivers at $17m over the next 3 years A LOT more than Wallace/Green at $19m over the same time period. Factor in Aminu expiring saving them $4m per season over that same time period, and I think Danny Ainge would absolutely consider Sullinger a worthy sacrifice. Only real question in my mind is whether or not Dell thinks Sullinger and Green are worth taking on Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I struggle with this because i think having a guy with Rondo's experience would be huge to a team like ours.
    Yes. Same goes for Tyson Chandler. Add either one of those guys and the team is instantly playing 45-50 win ball.
    Maybe win a playoff series or two over the next two seasons. As a result, AD decides to stay in Nola.

But team has peaked bc age is catching up to a key piece and there is no cap space to add more talent. Either AD is going to have to be at the Lebron level, or team have great luck developing someone from nothing into semi star level to win it all. possible. But not likely.

On the other hand, if you stay with the young only core, you can keep the team together longer. But you are counting on the players - none of whom have won more than jrue's 1 fluke playoff series - to learn to win on their own. Coaching becomes more important. If they can't get over the hump and win in the next two seasons, AD gets frustrated, maybe decides to take Kobe's salary spot in LA.

With the right deal I'd go for the vet and the win now approach. As fan, or from perspective of ownership, you have to do that bc convincing AD to stay is most important issue for franchise.

I'm sorry but Jrue is too flexible to be moved for Rondo with how our team is constructed. His ability to play SG and allow Evans to take over as main ball handler is too good. Also, while Jrue needs to improve with his assists this year he did assist on 39% of scoring plays when he was in the game for us. Rondo averaged 41% assists for his career so if Jrue has shown improvement and is very close to Rondo's average.

When you look at how Jrue has performed for us compared to Rondo's career it breaks down like this:
    J - 14-4-8-2
    R - 11-5-8-2

The tiebreaker for me is Jrue is shooting 39% from 3pt and 81% from the FT while only being 1 month older than Lilliard. Rondo is 4 years older, shoots 25% from 3pt, and 62% from the FT line. He would assist to Davis a lot and make Evans need to be traded while we kept Gordon. I see no way Evans and Rondo can be in the backcourt together.

I'd just rather a Jrue / Evans backcourt. Evans can be a beast for us. Heck even in this up and down season for him when you look at his per36 dude is STILL putting up numbers that rival his rookie year (and beats it in Assists and rebounds). Trade for Rondo and that means we are also having to make another trade. If we stay put we're actually better as a unit in the backcourt.
    Good points. Except I don't think evans gives us enough shooting to start with jrue unless you have a great shooting 3.

And people talk about 3&D wings like they are so easy to find, but we can't find one for-evuh.

I think Rondo would really like playing for Monty. He likes having the ball in his hands and making THE pass. And with AD, Ryno, maybe Gordon, he'd rack up assists. So I think he would be interested in resigning. I would want some kind of assurance of him re-signing.

I could also see Celts interest in Gordon in a lesser deal. If they plan to keep all those cheap draft picks they will need to spend money somewhere to meet the team minimum salary. He solves that problem and gives them some production on court, but doesn't chase away the ping pong balls. And his deal is up before they could possibly be ready to go spend real big $ on a free agent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I wish the coaching staff could see this team play injury-free, then decide if they should trade someone.

J - 14-4-8-2
    R - 11-5-8-2

Great post and I agree 100%

I think jrue is a phenominal player, i feel he can do everything rondo does, defend, rebound and pass extremely well, while locking down whoever he is guarding defensively, with jrue's shooting ability and age considered I would take jrue right now over rondo even if the contracts were the same. Jrue is only 23 and will only get better and is a rare player. To me he is like the paul george of point guards, a true 2 way player with no holes, can score, rebound, defend, shoot and pass.

Besides AD jrue is the last player I would want to move, plus he is on an awesome contract, there really aren't too many players (reasonable trades) that I would trade Jrue for. Paul George, Stef Curry and Andre Drummond being those players, which isn't happening. Jrue is a star in the making, and I hope he stays here for a long long time. Like you said people forget he's only a month older than Lillard.

I would like for someone to come up with a straight up trade for a player for Jrue Holiday, a possible trade where salaries match, player skills match and age. Curry sure but that won't happen. I'll take a 23 year old 2-way player allstar for only 10 million a year through his prime any day of the week.

Please someone tell me who you would trade Jrue for. Yall might think I'm crazy but almost no PG in the league matches up with his complete package skills of size, shooting, rebounding, passing, defense, clutchness, high character, age and contract.

Bledsoe is a possibilty, but once again like Rose, he is older, and is a player who relies on athleticism who is coming off a knee injury, who will most likely get a larger contract than Jrue.

Dell did a remarkable job getting this guy.

Honestly the only PG I would trade him for is Curry, not Lillard, not ty lawson. Maybe John Wall but with reported concern about his bad attitude I'd most likely go with Jrue even though Wall is the slightly better player.

Not even Derreck Rose, pre-injury of course, but now, no chance, it seems his confidence is broken and his quickness might be gone, which his game revolves around completely.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 02-18-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Also I think with Jrue, AD and Ryno and Tyreke, this team has a tremendous future, maybe better than any young team. I love having 2 ball handlers, a sharp shooter and a defensive monster. Not to keeping sounding like a broken record but this team with a TRUE 3 and D small forward (so tired of this term) and a competitant center(koufos, Mozgov, robin lopez) This team would be devastating and be a top 4 team in 2 years.

Also I was the one who was saying id rather mozgov over koufos but I just looked at Koufos' advanced stats and they are off the wall good. Extremely efficient scoring, great post defender, rebounder, and shot blocker. An absolute perfect fit for this team to get about 24 minutes a game or to match up with the occasional Hibbert or dwight howard.

Exciting days... i have no idea that players could be interested Dell Demps.

Ilyasova? Is Ryan Anderson 2.0

Thadeus Young? (imposible)

The rumor that we trade rights of Jackson and Rivers pissed me a lot, why are we trade Pierre Jackson with his big games in D-League and he not played 1 minute with the team!

Very bad with Jackson... has potential as Marcus Thronton for example, combo guard with many points for the second unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfanspain View Post
    Exciting days... i have no idea that players could be interested Dell Demps.

Ilyasova? Is Ryan Anderson 2.0

Thadeus Young? (imposible)

The rumor that we trade rights of Jackson and Rivers pissed me a lot, why are we trade Pierre Jackson with his big games in D-League and he not played 1 minute with the team!

Very bad with Jackson... has potential as Marcus Thronton for example, combo guard with many points for the second unit.
    Good point, if we traded Pjax for some scrub I would be mad, but I dont think this is what Dell will do, he has stated that they will not force a trade with Pjax if they do not get the value they consider of him, and if they dont they will just keep him. Let dell work his magic. If Dell turns a Pjax and aminu trade into wilson chandler or harrison barnes this place would be happy as hell. Not saying thats going to happen though.

Looks like the Bucks and Bobcats were discussing a Gary Neal and Caron Butler for Ben Gordon swap, but someone backed out. Those are two of my ideal Eric Gordon deals, so I hope he is the reason why. Fingers crossed.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Looks like the Bucks and Bobcats were discussing a Gary Neal and Caron Butler for Ben Gordon swap, but someone backed out. Those are two of my ideal Eric Gordon deals, so I hope he is the reason why. Fingers crossed.
    Hope so. The difference is short term contracts. Gordon's contract probably would cause them concern.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I hope so too. Gary Neal is not going to give the Bobcats what they need anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Good points. Except I don't think evans gives us enough shooting to start with jrue unless you have a great shooting 3.

And people talk about 3&D wings like they are so easy to find, but we can't find one for-evuh.
    I thought that was a given. We will upgrade our SF position this summer if not earlier. We could have done it last offseason but we rolled the dice on Aminu, again. That won't happen this summer.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I thought that was a given. We will upgrade our SF position this summer if not earlier. We could have done it last offseason but we rolled the dice on Aminu, again. That won't happen this summer.
    That we hope. I thought for sure we were done with him last year.

Thread Information