Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

Rondo is older, coming off a major injury and can be a liability on offense as a shooter (a lessor version of Aminu). I hope Dell hung up the phone on Ainge if this was proposed. While Rondo is arguably an upgrade over Jrue, he's in no way shape or form Rivers and an UNPROTECTED 1s, level upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Yea idk I'm not usually the one to propose trades cause I don't do the salary match n all that. The celtics guy that came on here said this works money wise. Not sure tho.
    Rondo
    Green
    FOR
    holiday
    Aminu
    Rivers
    1st rd pick
    It works for what it's worth
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    HoopsHype:

February 17, 2014 Updates

Source said*New Orleans could be trading guard Austin Rivers and the rights to hot-scoring D-League guard Pierre Jackson.*Yahoo! Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm not going to lie. I would strongly consider that trade. I'd be pretty uncomfortable with Rondo only having 1 year left though.
    I'd say NO instantly. Good thing the chance of the trade happening is .000000001%

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I'd say NO instantly. Good thing the chance of the trade happening is .000000001%
    To each their own. To make it more interesting. How about Gordon/Jrue for Rondo and Green

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

So essentially, going by that proposed Celtics trade, we'd be giving up 3 first round picks and Rivers for Rondo. I'm counting the two we gave for Jrue and the one we'd be giving up, as we aren't getting those Jrue picks back. If I count Rivers as a pick, that's essentially 4 first round picks for Rajon Rondo.

That would be idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    HoopsHype:

February 17, 2014 Updates

Source said*New Orleans could be trading guard Austin Rivers and the rights to hot-scoring D-League guard Pierre Jackson.*Yahoo! Sports
    Ehh...this is so disgusting not seeing Pierre play at least 1 game and seeing Austin improve but still having Roberts on the floor.

To each their own. To make it more interesting. How about Gordon/Jrue for Rondo and Green
    Still no. I don't like Rondo on this team. The potential he leaves in 1 year when we are not set up to be winning 50 games a year and Green is so inconsistent. If you think Aminu is a tease, green is the ultimate tease. Goes for 30 one night and under 10 the next.

Still no. I don't like Rondo on this team. The potential he leaves in 1 year when we are not set up to be winning 50 games a year and Green is so inconsistent. If you think Aminu is a tease, green is the ultimate tease. Goes for 30 one night and under 10 the next.
    Aminu goes for under 10 every night...

Aminu goes for under 10 every night...
    He is a FA and won't come back. I don't want to pay Green that money for the 15 games a year he plays out of his mind.

He is a FA and won't come back. I don't want to pay Green that money for the 15 games a year he plays out of his mind.
    I don't think any trade is going to be a home run. It's not like anyone is demanding to come here. I don't love either one or hate them. Having a 3 that can bring the same things as Aminu and hit the 3 is attractive to me though.

I don't think any trade is going to be a home run. It's not like anyone is demanding to come here. I don't love either one or hate them. Having a 3 that can bring the same things as Aminu and hit the 3 is attractive to me though.
    It's attractive but can be had elsewhere while keeping Jrue. I'd honestly rather have Jrue than Rondo only because I still think the Pelicans are 3 years away from being a force for a Title ( like top 3 seed in the west). If we were a 45ish win team now, I'd be willing to trade for Rondo for that 1 year and see if we can go for it, but we are not even close. I'd rather have a team that can grow with eachother over the next 4 years.

It's attractive but can be had elsewhere while keeping Jrue. I'd honestly rather have Jrue than Rondo only because I still think the Pelicans are 3 years away from being a force for a Title ( like top 3 seed in the west). If we were a 45ish win team now, I'd be willing to trade for Rondo for that 1 year and see if we can go for it, but we are not even close. I'd rather have a team that can grow with eachother over the next 4 years.
    I struggle with this because i think having a guy with Rondo's experience would be huge to a team like ours.

I struggle with this because i think having a guy with Rondo's experience would be huge to a team like ours.
    What about the Rondo that has been the center of some Locker room issues in the past, and the potential he doesn't even stay longer than 1 pointless year?

What about the Rondo that has been the center of some Locker room issues in the past, and the potential he doesn't even stay longer than 1 pointless year?
    Well everything I say is predicated on him resigning.

Well everything I say is predicated on him resigning.
    The odds of that happening, in your opinion? I'd say like 35% he would stay.

Its being reported Sacramento offered MacLemore, Thomas and two first round picks but Rondo wouldn't sign an extension. That's a major problem if you are trying to acquire Rondo

The odds of that happening, in your opinion? I'd say like 35% he would stay.
    I'd have to have a firm agreement before making a move.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsFan View Post
    Its being reported Sacramento offered MacLemore, Thomas and two first round picks but Rondo wouldn't sign an extension. That's a major problem if you are trying to acquire Rondo
    What the hell are they even doing? I swear they are in every trade in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsFan View Post
    Yeah put it in the trade machine

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    No way. If Rondo doesn't sign an extension we would be screwed. Even if he does, we might be better off as we are. NO WAY!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Rondo is damaged goods

I'm cool with jrue you don't need an superstar pg to win a championship when is the last time that has happened? Spurs with Parker and I put him in the same tier as Jrue they just have a great coaching and system.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I'm cool with jrue you don't need an superstar pg to win a championship when is the last time that has happened? Spurs with Parker and I put him in the same tier as Jrue they just have a great coaching and system.
    This is supposed to be "the era of the PG," but the championships have all been won by teams lacking an elite PG.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    This is supposed to be "the era of the PG," but the championships have all been won by teams lacking an elite PG.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Most championship have been won with a good big and or wing like Heat (Bosh, Bron, Wade and Shaq), Mavs (Dirk, Tyson), Lakers (Kobe, Gasol or Shaq), Spurs (Duncan), and Celtics (Pierce and KG)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k3agv3p

Gordon
    Aminu
    Rivers

For

Wallace
    Green
    Sullinger

Thread Information