Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Lol well yea I'm not discounting his rebounding ability on either end. I don't think he was speaking on his offensive rebounding tho. That's not considered offense the way he used in his sentence IMO. To say he has offense means scoring by the way he said it. Something he clearly does not do besides tip ins, alley oops and dunks. I'd love to have him here just based on Davis learning from him for a year or 2. Tyson is a true professional and will give it his all. I like him a lot actually. I was just saying he has never had an offensive game. He is purely a defensive minded center. I've never heard offense and Tyson chandler mentioned in the same sentence before. Lol.
    Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Is this the Official New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill? I only ask because I didn't see the "Official" tag anywhere.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I don't really have time to find the article, but Zach Lowe wrote something awhile back regarding how Tyson Chandler was such a good PnR player on offense, that it was essentially like having a stretch 4 on the court, with the way he could space as a screen setter. Asik is not that, since he has non-existent hands and can't catch pocket passes or lobs consistently.

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    We're not making any trades so get ready for it I'll be glad when this speculation / wishful thinking is over .
    This!

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

What offense does Tyson have besides dunking abilities??
    He is SUPER efficient on the offensive end. I know a lot of people think of him as only scoring on offensive rebounding but that actually only accounts for 20% of his scoring at a rate of 1ppp in those situations. Out of all of his scoring plays that would actually rank 3nd worst for him just ahead of Post-Up and Spot-Up. Just goes to show you how GOOD he is on offense.

In isolation he scores at 1.43ppp. In P&R he's 1.17ppp (30% of his offense). In cuts he's 1.4ppp. In transition he's 1.14ppp. But the best part is he's shooting 61.5% from the field. He only averages 6 shots a game so people look at him as not good on offense but he's actually super efficient and I think he'd be perfect for this team because he won't require a ton of shots and so won't take away from AD and the rest. But don't confuse taking few shots with being bad on offense. His advanced stats are through the roof on offense. ORtg of 131,130,133, and 123 the last 4 seasons. Put it to you like this, Chandler's last 3 seasons are all in the top 10 highest ORtg by any player. . .ever. He holds the #1, #4, & #7 spot. If he played more games this season he'd be ranked #2 in the NBA in ORtg.

Compared to AD Tyson is better in Overall PPP, better in isolation, P&R, Post Up, Spot Up, Cuts, Offensive rebounding. Basically every category except Transition.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-17-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    I don't really have time to find the article, but Zach Lowe wrote something awhile back regarding how Tyson Chandler was such a good PnR player on offense, that it was essentially like having a stretch 4 on the court, with the way he could space as a screen setter. Asik is not that, since he has non-existent hands and can't catch pocket passes or lobs consistently.
    This is 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He is SUPER efficient on the offensive end. I know a lot of people think of him as only scoring on offensive rebounding but that actually only accounts for 20% of his scoring at a rate of 1ppp in those situations. Out of all of his scoring plays that would actually rank 3nd worst for him just ahead of Post-Up and Spot-Up. Just goes to show you how GOOD he is on offense.

In isolation he scores at 1.43ppp. In P&R he's 1.17ppp (30% of his offense). In cuts he's 1.4ppp. In transition he's 1.14ppp. But the best part is he's shooting 61.5% from the field. He only averages 6 shots a game so people look at him as not good on offense but he's actually super efficient and I think he'd be perfect for this team because he won't require a ton of shots and so won't take away from AD and the rest. But don't confuse taking few shots with being bad on offense. His advanced stats are through the roof on offense. ORtg of 131,130,133, and 123 the last 4 seasons. Put it to you like this, Chandler's last 3 seasons are all in the top 10 highest ORtg by any player. . .ever. He holds the #1, #4, & #7 spot. If he played more games this season he'd be ranked #2 in the NBA in ORtg.

Compared to AD Tyson is better in Overall PPP, better in isolation, P&R, Post Up, Spot Up, Cuts, Offensive rebounding. Basically every category except Transition.
    Yea it's easy to believe his advanced stats are so high on offense cause of all his shots are high % shots. I'd have to see some consistent highlights of Tyson chandler in the last 2-3 years showing him scoring without it being an assist to him rolling to the basket for the easy bucket, an alley oop dunk or layup, or scoring by way of a tip in or offensive rebound. That's his game. His game is not spotting up 10-12 feet from the basket and taking It to the hoop (which I'm assuming you mean when u say spot up) or getting the ball down low in the post in an ISO with his back to the basket. Advanced stats are very useful for some things but not for others. Cause all of those things listed can very high such as spot up, post up, and isolation but how often is he doing that? It's not very often so the high % don't tell the whole story. IMO. I've watched him quite often for several years and I've never witnessed him being a good ISO player, back to the basket post up player, or a spot up offensive player. The YT clip of him pretty much sums up his game. I'll keep searching for the ISO, post up, and spot up offense you are talking of.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IveULGDFUtg

Edit: let me add that in now way am I saying he's atrocious at any of those things. It's just not his game cause he accels at the other things more.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 02-17-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Here is a highlight tape of him thru the entire year last year. Better sample size cause I know that 1 above was 1 game but it was the first I saw where he had over 20 pts so I used it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gv0KZWceetc

Yea it's easy to believe his advanced stats are so high on offense cause of all his shots are high % shots. I'd have to see some consistent highlights of Tyson chandler in the last 2-3 years showing him scoring without it being an assist to him rolling to the basket for the easy bucket, an alley oop dunk or layup, or scoring by way of a tip in or offensive rebound. That's his game. His game is not spotting up 10-12 feet from the basket and taking It to the hoop (which I'm assuming you mean when u say spot up) or getting the ball down low in the post in an ISO with his back to the basket. Advanced stats are very useful for some things but not for others. Cause all of those things listed can very high such as spot up, post up, and isolation but how often is he doing that? It's not very often so the high % don't tell the whole story. IMO. I've watched him quite often for several years and I've never witnessed him being a good ISO player, back to the basket post up player, or a spot up offensive player. The YT clip of him pretty much sums up his game. I'll keep searching for the ISO, post up, and spot up offense you are talking of.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IveULGDFUtg

Edit: let me add that in now way am I saying he's atrocious at any of those things. It's just not his game cause he accels at the other things more.
    All my stats are from Synergy and from this current season. The break down of all of his offensive plays this season from highest to lowest and rounding to nearest whole number is: 30% P&R Roll Man, 20% Cut, 20% Offensive Rebound (Put back), 11% Other, 6% Post Up, 6% Transition, 4% Spot Up, 3% ISO.

Your original comment was his offensive game is limited to tip ins, rebounds, and dunks. That is a gross misrepresentation of his offense when by far the largest part of his offense is from the P&R. 63% of his game is away from the basket (ignoring the 11% because we don't know the breakdown). I just don't buy the argument that he's going to clog the paint when such a high % is away from the basket. He might not have a spot up shooting game from 10-12 feet out but he doesn't need it to be effect and that's most likely the reason he shoots at such a high % because he doesn't take shots from the "dumb zone".

The more I look at his game the more I think he is a great complement at center next to AD (Ignoring cost and age). Roughly 25% of Pelicans offense this season has come from P&R and 64% of our offensive production matches up with his skillset very well (P&R, Cutting, Putbacks, Transition, ISO). Use him as the roll man and AD can play 10-12 FT out and that lane will be WIDE open. You can have either one be cutting on the P&R, him and AD both fight on the glass and get Putbacks.

closer we get to the deadline the less & less i hear our name mentioned in rumors

Hey guys Im new to the site Im a huge Celtics fan. A local reporter said don't rule out a Rondo to NO trade. Boston would give Rondo NO would give Holiday Rivers and a future first. What are your thoughts? When is Holiday supposed to come back? If Holiday is out for awhile it would help the Celtics tank. Rondo and Davis would be deadly together

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Welcome to the board. I'd say there is a 0% chance that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsFan View Post
    Hey guys Im new to the site Im a huge Celtics fan. A local reporter said don't rule out a Rondo to NO trade. Boston would give Rondo NO would give Holiday Rivers and a future first. What are your thoughts? When is Holiday supposed to come back? If Holiday is out for awhile it would help the Celtics tank. Rondo and Davis would be deadly together
    I'd say no. Had enough of the spacing issues and Rondo can bolt after next year

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Afraid I just don't see the logic of it. All that AND a future 1st? Just not prudent of us. I don't much care for Rondo as a person, but I'd get over it as he's a true pass first PG that would thrive with AD indeed.

But Jrue is in the same league defensively and not much worse as a passer AND is a much greater offensive threat far as shooting the rock goes.

But long as you're here, what's your take on Jeff Green?

I'm a Jeff Green hater! He's so frustrating to watch play, one game he will score 30 the next game he will be nonexistent. When he does score 30 he makes it look so easy fans are always asking why he can't do it every night. I think as a 3rd or 4th option option he is good. Boston fans set to high of expectations for him

For Rondo and Green Id think about it. But I don't think there's any chance we would listen to Rondo for Jrue, Austin, and a 1st. I think many here wouldn't do Rondo for Jrue straight up much less for all that. I know I wouldn't. Jrue is on a better and longer contract, is far better offensively, and only slightly worse (and is still improving) in passing and defense. Plus his age it's so perfectly on this team; he's only 1 month older than Lilliard.

To answer your question about his injury: it's not a big deal and he could most likely be back soon if we needed him. Because this season is a lost cause we aren't rushing him.

Even if Boston is willing to include Green that just creates another problem because the salaries are so far off. I just don't see this trade happening.

But, stick around. I like people from other team's opinions.

I would hate that trade, and I don't think we can trade a future first right now anyway.

I think a source has said that Davis and Holiday are the only 2 players who wouldn't even be up for discussion. That sounds about right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    I would hate that trade, and I don't think we can trade a future first right now anyway.
    Thought we could. Just not 2015's. Idk

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    I think a source has said that Davis and Holiday are the only 2 players who wouldn't even be up for discussion. That sounds about right.
    Well I also remember a reporter tweetting the same about Jrue when he was still a 76er, it's even in a sig pic here.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm a Jeff Green hater! He's so frustrating to watch play, one game he will score 30 the next game he will be nonexistent. When he does score 30 he makes it look so easy fans are always asking why he can't do it every night. I think as a 3rd or 4th option option he is good. Boston fans set to high of expectations for him
    Interesting. Is there any chance in your mind it's because he's playing on a one of the weaker teams in the league right now? Like if he were say on the Clippers or some other middle seed team he'd be more consistent?

It's not a feather in his cap either way, but think it's just something deeper about him personally or could he still improve?

The biggest reason I just don't see Jrue, Austin, and a 1st for Rondo is we just gave up two 1st rounders for Jrue.

So basically New Orleans would be giving up 4 1st rounders for Rondo. No way that happens. For that amount we could get Kevin Love. Lol

Hell nah! Holiday and AD are our two best players.

I would be very upset if we traded Jrue for Rajon Permafrowndo.

Thread Information