Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

Thread has veered off topic multiple times and gotten too long to navigate, so we will open another, rumor only thread.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Question: doesn't Tyreke have a declining contract?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Yes it declines by 500k every year

Dam over 13k views of this thread. Nice.

Dell and Monty have both talked about how hard of a decision it was to trade Lopez. They went back and forth on it (according to Monty in a pregame interview when Portland came here to play). But that game showed us what we could do and we were still missing Gordon for it. Look at the box score from it.

Jrue - 31-7-13-1-1
    AD - 27-12-1-0-5!
    Rek- 20-5-4-2-2

Rolo - 7-6-1-0-6 (impressive blocks)
    LA - 28-8-3-0-2
    Lill - 29-3-5-1-0

I know people look at Rolo and think "Man, what would we be like with him as our center", but you also have to remember Rolo is basically averaging double the amount of rebounds this year than his career average. 8.4 this year compared to 4.5 for his career. How could anyone predict that kind of uptick after 5 seasons in the NBA?

I think Dell and Monty decided to roll the dice because they felt like we have our long term Frontcourt in AD and Ryno. And wanted to get our long term backcourt in Evans and Jrue.

Injuries, inability to move Gordon, and Rolo having a career year have caused people to go back and use 20/20 on the trade but I don't think that's necessarily a fair assessment. Heck, even with Rolo having a career year I don't think it's a clear cut "we lost" by moving him.

Here's their per36 for this season:
    Rolo - 12-10-1-0-2
    Reke- 18-6-6-2-0

If you believe that AD and Ryno are your frontcourt and Gordon isn't here long term why wouldn't you try and grab a guy like Reke, to go along with Jrue, to try and get your backcourt set up?

Rolo would be nice to have, no doubt about it. But next year he is expiring and do you think he's going to take 5M/yr again? I doubt it. So we flip him for a long term piece and make due while AD develops. AD is already playing just over 50% of his minutes at center this year. Rolo's minutes were going to diminish and possibly his value.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    They were never matching. They told Tyreke that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Exactly. His own brother was on twitter days before saying see ya later Sacramento we love ya. They not matching.
    They told Tyreke they weren't matching BEFORE he even signed the Pelicans sheet? Tyreke's situation with the Kings kind of reminds me of Gordon's situation with us. He felt disrespected by the team yada yada.

[QUOTE=Mythrol;1200002]Dell and Monty have both talked about how hard of a decision it was to trade Lopez. They went back and forth on it (according to Monty in a pregame interview when Portland came here to play). But that game showed us what we could do and we were still missing Gordon for it. Look at the box score from it.

Jrue - 31-7-13-1-1
    AD - 27-12-1-0-5!
    Rek- 20-5-4-2-2

Rolo - 7-6-1-0-6 (impressive blocks)
    LA - 28-8-3-0-2
    Lill - 29-3-5-1-0

I know people look at Rolo and think "Man, what would we be like with him as our center", but you also have to remember Rolo is basically averaging double the amount of rebounds this year than his career average. 8.4 this year compared to 4.5 for his career. How could anyone predict that kind of uptick after 5 seasons in the NBA?

I think Dell and Monty decided to roll the dice because they felt like we have our long term Frontcourt in AD and Ryno. And wanted to get our long term backcourt in Evans and Jrue.

Injuries, inability to move Gordon, and Rolo having a career year have caused people to go back and use 20/20 on the trade but I don't think that's necessarily a fair assessment. Heck, even with Rolo having a career year I don't think it's a clear cut "we lost" by moving him.

Here's their per36 for this season:
    Rolo - 12-10-1-0-2
    Reke- 18-6-6-2-0

If you believe that AD and Ryno are your frontcourt and Gordon isn't here long term why wouldn't you try and grab a guy like Reke, to go along with Jrue, to try and get your backcourt set up?

Rolo would be nice to have, no doubt about it. But next year he is expiring and do you think he's going to take 5M/yr again? I doubt it. So we flip him for a long term piece and make due while AD develops. AD is already playing just over 50% of his minutes at center this year. Rolo's minutes were going to diminish and possibly his value.[/

We flipped rolo for Withey and cap space

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    They told Tyreke they weren't matching BEFORE he even signed the Pelicans sheet? Tyreke's situation with the Kings kind of reminds me of Gordon's situation with us. He felt disrespected by the team yada yada.
    Yes they did.

Brian Roberts will retire a Pel

Dell is a bad GM I'm convinced

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Dell is a bad GM I'm convinced
    NO DEADLINE TRADES ZOMG WORST GM EVAR

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    NO DEADLINE TRADES ZOMG WORST GM EVAR
    Name One positive move he made other than Ryno?

Isn't there a thread around here where this very thing is discussed? A very recent thread.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm tired of this talk. How about a franchise PG in Holiday? How about dumping Okafor's contract when no one said we could.

Isn't there a thread around here where this very thing is discussed? A very recent thread.
    IDK

Go look in all the other threads that spiraled into DELL DEMPS IS HORRIBLE monotony. People listed them there.

Go look in all the other threads that spiraled into DELL DEMPS IS HORRIBLE monotony. People listed them there.
    I'll check it out

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You're really being serious, aren't you? You really think Demps hasn't done ANYTHING good except for Ryan Anderson?

IDK
    Here it is...

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...or-Mill/page14

Some people were talking about things he's done, things he hasn't done.

Yep and I listed at least 6 very good moves. But people want to complain, let them do so if it makes them feel better. I have been told "that's what message boards as for."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Don't you mean Montyonoy

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Don't you mean Montyonoy

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Marco Belinelli for Julian Wright alone is proof that Demps can swing a deal, but selective memories and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I really don't know what you expect man. We have one of the worst contracts in the league in Eric Grodon. We have tried trading him year after year and it's apparent no one wants him, so with cap restraints we can just go trading for all star centers and small forwards.
    Shhh, he has trade override on. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Marco Belinelli for Julian Wright alone is proof that Demps can swing a deal, but selective memories and whatnot.
    We're talking about the same guy that turned Songalia and Brackins into Jason Smith and Willie Green

The same guy that turned Gustavo Ayon into Ryan friggin Anderson

The same guy that turned cap space into Brad Miller and two seconds

And then turned Jerome Dyson, Miller and two seconds into Robin Lopez

And then turned Lopez and Vasquez into Tyreke Evans and Jeff Whithey.

For those playing at home.....Jerome Dyson, Pondexter and cap space into Tyreke Evans and Jeff Whithey.

Noel and the current 11th pick into 23 year old former all-star Jrue Holiday.

His original trade of CP3 to the Rockets would have brought back Dragic, Scola, and most of the same pieces used to get Harden.

Dell actually traded the imossible contracts of both Okafor AND Ariza, AND got a second round pick for doing it. That was unimagineable.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    It will be expiring Gordon will opt out he knows he is injury prone and won't risk getting hurt to get an extra 15 mil if he can get a 4year 10 mill contract. He just needs to play a majority of his games next season.
    What are you even talking about? He can't opt out until 2015, so that means he would still be a Pelican all next year if we can't move him. You started off by saying you are going to hold your judgement on Demps until the summer when "major moves" need to be made, but then acknowledge that Gordon can't opt out for another year. As long as he is on this team we are going to have problems making "major moves". You are very confusing.

Have we really? Do we know how serious they have been in their attempts?
    I think yes

Thread Information