Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Trade Deadline Rumor Mill Thread

Pelicans Trade Deadline Rumor Mill Thread

With the NBA trade deadline only 3 days away, we have officially reached the dreaded “speculation mode.” From now until 2 PM central time on Thursday, lots of ideas will be thrown around with varying degrees of legitimacy (though frequently skewed towards the improbable side). That being said, if a rumor comes from any source with merit, this is where you can find it.
    Have a trade idea to propose? Post it on our Facebook Page. We’ll take those that we deem most realistic and analyze them in a separate post later this week (which we’ll also link to here), as well as cite you for the idea. We highly recommend using the*NBA Trade Machine*(and then write in any draft picks exchanged if necessary).*Let’s see what ya got!

More...

Pelicans Trade Deadline Rumor Mill Thread

Let's put all Pelicans' and related trade deadline rumors in here for ease of use (as other thread has run its course).

Marc Stein reported the pelicans officailly received 4.5 M for DPE so I guess now we can a move I guess!?!?!?!

No one to use it on really

Quote Originally Posted by TheDawg26 View Post
    Marc Stein reported the pelicans officailly received 4.5 M for DPE so I guess now we can a move I guess!?!?!?!
    I think it def indicates we have some kind of move upcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I think it def indicates we have some kind of move upcoming.
    I wouldnt read into it that much. They had to apply for it about 2 months ago. It's just another piece we can use, but i wouldnt say anything is immenent.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I wouldnt read into it that much. They had to apply for it about 2 months ago. It's just another piece we can use, but i wouldnt say anything is immenent.
    If we want to use it via trade, we have to obviously use it by tomorrow. Otherwise, I have to wonder if we will even use it. The only other chance I can see is with a player that gets bought out after the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If we want to use it via trade, we have to obviously use it by tomorrow. Otherwise, I have to wonder if we will even use it. The only other chance I can see is with a player that gets bought out after the trade deadline.
    I mean it's just another asset we can use. Like you said, we may not even use it. Just adds more options to the table. I'd say chances are we won't even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I mean it's just another asset we can use. Like you said, we may not even use it. Just adds more options to the table. I'd say chances are we won't even use it.
    I think there's a very good chance of us using it if Jordan Hill to the Nets doesn't go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think there's a very good chance of us using it if Jordan Hill to the Nets doesn't go through.
    I just read we werent even in the running for Hill .. all speculation regardless.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What would we even have to send for Hill? We have nada.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    What would we even have to send for Hill? We have nada.
    The disabled player exception.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pelican Fan View Post
    The disabled player exception.
    That's what I'm saying. We only have that. Didn't someone post that we can't package that with something else for a trade? Basically we could just use this to trade cash relief to a team for the player?

Maybe I misunderstood

That's what I'm saying. We only have that. Didn't someone post that we can't package that with something else for a trade? Basically we could just use this to trade cash relief to a team for the player?

Maybe I misunderstood
    I read that too... I think MM posted it but I could be wrong... but I know SOMEBODY said it.

Maybe I misunderstood
    We can't package it with something else for a trade but we can trade the money we received from it. Jordan hills salary is 3 mill. Lakers are just trying to get his salary off their books, Nets also have a disabled player exception they are trying to trade for hill but they will have to pay 17 mill in lux tax penalty if they do that.
    Last edited by The Pelican Fan; 02-19-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Hehe

Go home Fletch... you're drunk (again).

I honestly don't understand how Fletch has a job...

Let's get rid of two one-year deals for an extra year of Big Baby!

The Rockets want to acquire Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, according to sources familiar with Houston's thinking. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.yukIygCH.dpuf

If Rockets get Rondo that would be scary

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They're still counting on Howard and Harden, two wishywashy personalities to lead them to the endgame. And Rondo isn't a very likable individual.

It'll grab my attention, but not my concern.

Asik for Rondo would be exceptional for them. I don't see Boston doing it if only bc they are rebuilding. Maybe they add a first or something to the deal?

They're trying to get Chandler Parsons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lebron James >>>>>>>>>>>> Omer Asik

Bobcats want Morrow... would you want Biyombo, Zeller and/or McRoberts in return?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...anthony-morrow

Morrow's a lot more reasonable of a target. The Pelicans need inside help and the Bobcats can offer Bismack Biyombo, Cody Zeller, or Josh McRoberts. They need shooters and Morrow is definitely that.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Maybe I misunderstood
    Yes. It saves the Lakers 7.5M for a player Mike d doesn't really like.

Thread Information