Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    What are you even talking about? He can't opt out until 2015, so that means he would still be a Pelican all next year if we can't move him. You started off by saying you are going to hold your judgement on Demps until the summer when "major moves" need to be made, but then acknowledge that Gordon can't opt out for another year. You are very confusing.

I think yes
    So that means next year it's an expiring players rarely opt in their contract he just needs to be healthy

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    So that means next year it's an expiring players rarely opt in their contract he just needs to be healthy
    Teams will not treat it as an expiring unless Gordon assures he will opt out. You are making too many assumptions.

I think we held off on just giving him away because they wanted to see the roster healthy
    Yeah, and it's just so sad other main parts of the roster haven't been healthy this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    We're talking about the same guy that turned Songalia and Brackins into Jason Smith and Willie Green

The same guy that turned Gustavo Ayon into Ryan friggin Anderson

The same guy that turned cap space into Brad Miller and two seconds

And then turned Jerome Dyson, Miller and two seconds into Robin Lopez

And then turned Lopez and Vasquez into Tyreke Evans and Jeff Whithey.

For those playing at home.....Jerome Dyson, Pondexter and cap space into Tyreke Evans and Jeff Whithey.

Noel and the current 11th pick into 23 year old former all-star Jrue Holiday.

His original trade of CP3 to the Rockets would have brought back Dragic, Scola, and most of the same pieces used to get Harden.

Dell actually traded the imossible contracts of both Okafor AND Ariza, AND got a second round pick for doing it. That was unimagineable.
    I'll hold my judgement to next year like I said year 3 is a big year for top picks like AD that is when the criticism starts about not making the playoffs. Year one: this kid is good Year 2: This guy in a future superstar Year 3: He's overrated and he success doesn't translate into winning he can't even make the playoffs. Same thing happened to Wall and now Kyrie.

We're talking about the same guy that turned Songalia and Brackins into Jason Smith and Willie Green

For those playing at home.....Jerome Dyson, Pondexter and cap space into Tyreke Evans and Jeff Whithey.

His original trade of CP3 to the Rockets would have brought back Dragic, Scola, and most of the same pieces used to get Harden.

Dell actually traded the imossible contracts of both Okafor AND Ariza, AND got a second round pick for doing it. That was unimagineable.
    Ok now, don't go throwing around your fancy examples messing up everyone's hyperbole. They ain't falling for that trickery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Dell is a bad GM I'm convinced
    I'll hold my judgment till this offseason on him a major move needs to be made for a center and sf. If he stand still or bring in more scrubs that whole organization that was bought in b4 Benson needs to go imo.
    No apparently not you just said he was a bad GM

I'll hold my judgement to next year like I said year 3 is a big year for top picks like AD that is when the criticism starts about not making the playoffs. Year one: this kid is good Year 2: This guy in a future superstar Year 3: He's overrated and he success doesn't translate into winning he can't even make the playoffs. Same thing happened to Wall and now Kyrie.
    No what you said was this offseason. So which is it this offseason or next year?

We're talking about who signed tyreke in a very strange move, because of needs of a SF and a C.
    The One who resigned Aminu again.
    The one who signed steimsma.
    The one who signed gordon to a max. and now no one wants him.

So, we are in a situation of mediocre players, a freaking void on C and SF, with no picks, no playoff options.All good.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    We're talking about who signed tyreke in a very strange move, because of needs of a SF and a C.

So, we are in a situation of mediocre players, a freaking void on C and SF, with no picks, no playoff options.All good.
    You're right, Demps needed to be perfect. Such fools we have been, allowing him to live.

Where's my shotgun-ax?

A lot of people felt Tyreke could play the 3. Aminu was signed to a 1 year deal not long term that benefits us, same with Steimsma. Gordon was a horrible mistake no one is saying otherwise.

A lot of people felt Tyreke could play the 3. Aminu was signed to a 1 year deal not long term that benefits us, same with Steimsma. Gordon was a horrible mistake no one is saying otherwise.
    Actually it was well documented he does not excell at playing the 3.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar

Let's go on the record now.

Do you think Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon and Jrue Holiday are mediocre players?

And if you have to reach for one year deals to Aminu(because we had his bird rights) and Steems(because he fit under the exception), that speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Sorry judge I didn't know we were in the court of law. Where was these documents prior to us signing Mr. Evans and why were they not presented to the jury?

I had no idea Evans even played the 3 that much in Sac but sheesh if it's documented I don't know then.

It's boring at work today, but this thread has cheered me up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Tyreke's PER this season of 17.66 would put him tied for 7th amongst all SF's in the league. And that's predominantly without the outside shooting of Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson this season.

He's not the guy I want covering Lebron and Durant, but let's not go too far. This team looked scary in the glipse we had of our top 5(with Tyreke as the hypothetical SF).

Do you think Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon and Jrue Holiday are mediocre players?

And if you have to reach for one year deals to Aminu(because we had his bird rights) and Steems(because he fit under the exception), that speaks volumes.
    Rest of the team is mediocre.Not bad, lol

Sorry judge I didn't know we were in the court of law. Where was these documents prior to us signing Mr. Evans and why were they not presented to the jury?

I had no idea Evans even played the 3 that much in Sac but sheesh if it's documented I don't know then.
    Yes he played pg his 1st year. He excelled. They moved him to the 3 and his play dropped off significantly. He even said himself at 1 point he didn't like playing the 3 while there. Sorry that u don't have a clue about players outside of n.o. I'll be sure to keep u up to date

Tyreke's PER this season of 17.66 would put him tied for 7th amongst all SF's in the league. And that's predominantly without the outside shooting of Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson this season.

He's not the guy I want covering Lebron and Durant, but let's not go too far. This team looked scary in the glipse we had of our top 5(with Tyreke as the hypothetical SF).
    Tyreke Evans is much better when playing the 1 or 2. He is not a 3. I think that's why all we talk about is finding a 3. Dude just ain't a 3. His shooting be the major problem.

I'm not ready to throw the guy out on his butt yet and in fact think he has been good to great with smaller deals. He seems to get the better end of smaller trades. But championships aren't won by getting Gustavo Ayon, jason smiths and Ajinca's - decent bench options. They are won and lost on the big moves. The drafts, the big signings, the big trades. The moves that bring you back legit nba talent and hopefully at least one or two all star caliber players to go with at your franchise player. And franchises are built on long term strategies.

Dell has been a master at the former - smaller trades and acquiring quality role players - he has been a mixed bag when it comes to big trades and the vote is still out on his long term strategy for the franchise.

Your original post is the epitome of stacking the deck. Looking at one side and ignoring all others to fit a predetermined narrative and opinion

Let's be honest here, with major franchise moves Dell has been a mixed bag:

He almost took on Scola, Martin and freaking Lamar Odom for Cp3. And it's a joke to say that because Houston - a big market destination - was able to trade for harden with a combo of a high pick, a young talent in Lamb and Martin that we could of pulled something similar. Reality says otherwise. To come close would of required giving up the pick that landed us Jrue and a young talent equivelent to lamb that OkC wanted but we didn't have and lastly harden didn't want to be here so just no... Potentially catastrophic move that could of handicapped the franchise but played well enough to not get Davisthe first year.

The Gordon resigning was clearly a mistake and is looking like it might handicap this franchise for a while....Bad move

Tyreke is a mixed bag but we paid him based on wishful thinking(maybe he can play the three, maybe he can be Manu, maybe he can learn to shoot) and not based on reality. He's a solid contributor who needs certain skillsets around him to continually be successful. However his on the field performance has made his contract undesirable because he isnt playing up to his paycheck and other teams dont want to pay for that which handicaps us...Bad Move

Austin Rivers looks to be a poor choice at ten when guys like Henson, Lamb, Marshall, and Jones amongst others could of all been had...Bad Move

Ryan Anderson was a great signing and a legit check in the win column for Dell...Great move

Davis is a hall of fame caliber player but we lucked into that one and any GM with a brain would of made that move....gimme move

I was skeptical at first about the Jrue signing, even at points vocally hating it. Today I like Jrue's game a lot!! With that said its still a mixed bag. If Noel comes back and lights the league up(rumors are hes working with a slew of coaches to rebuild his shot, offense and free throws and it's seemingly working) and stays healthy(a big if) we would of essentially gave up a center of the future for an above average PG which are becoming a dime a dozen in this league and what is looking like a 6-10 first round draft pick this coming year....vote is still out.

All and all the final judge is the product on the floor and at best right now we are a mixed bag of mismatched parts trying to make it work and battling injuries. Maybe the ultimate issue is coaching and maybe dell deserves more credit for this current roster because it's just been untapped but I'm not sold on Demps the way I am on Loomis fr the Saints or a number of GM's around the league. He's not the best for sure but he's certainly not been the worst. This offseason will be my final judgement thoug. If we don't have the pieces in place for a playoff team and the making of a championship squad going forward I think he needs to go.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-20-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Thread Information