Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

With the NBA trade deadline only 3 days away, we have officially reached the dreaded “speculation mode.” From now until 2 PM central time on Thursday, lots of ideas will be thrown around with varying degrees of legitimacy (though frequently skewed towards the improbable side). That being said, if a rumor comes from any source with merit, this is where you can find it.
    Have a trade idea to propose? Post it on our Facebook Page. We’ll take those that we deem most realistic and analyze them in a separate post later this week (which we’ll also link to here), as well as cite you for the idea. We highly recommend using the*NBA Trade Machine*(and then write in any draft picks exchanged if necessary).*Let’s see what ya got!

More...

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

I hope but I wonder if a deal with be made by the pelicans!

I would love W.Chandler on this team
    SIGN A SF

Off subject but I can't believe Mayo is only 26. He seems like he's been in the league for 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Please explain to me what would motivate the Nuggets to make this trade. I'm not being sarcastic or facetious. Is it the expiring contracts? It seems to me they could get any number of better offers from other teams than the one you propose from the Pels.

Banned
    This plz

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Please explain to me what would motivate the Nuggets to make this trade. I'm not being sarcastic or facetious. Is it the expiring contracts? It seems to me they could get any number of better offers from other teams than the one you propose from the Pels.
    What if Pierre Jackson and a second was added for them? If they really like him as a prospect, maybe they do that deal and let Hamilton start at SF until Gallinari returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    This plz
    How can you want this trade but not want Tyson Chandler? Tyson is everything Asik is but also has offense and we wouldn't have to have Mayo's awful contract.

If galanari was healthy he's the guy i would want, think he's the best SF on that team

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How can you want this trade but not want Tyson Chandler? Tyson is everything Asik is but also has offense and we wouldn't have to have Mayo's awful contract.
    What offense does Tyson have besides dunking abilities??

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    What offense does Tyson have besides dunking abilities??
    He may be the best offensive rebounder in the league. He often doesn't get credit for his tap outs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

We're not making any trades so get ready for it I'll be glad when this speculation / wishful thinking is over .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    So in 3 days there will be nothing left to talk about.

Is this an actual rumor thread, or another cleverly disguised wishlist thread?

Probably juste a Monty sucks thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Because Asik can shoot it from farther out than Chandler allowing Reke to get to the basket. Otherwise Reke is wasted here. It's why we didn't keep Nerlens. We don't need two defensive presences in the paint, because then our guards have no chance of making a rim shot because they will be triple teamed everytime they go into the paint. Thats why Reke is so much better when Ryno is on the floor.

Asik can shoot? Lmao...this is too funny!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Is this the official trade rumor mill?
    @DanielVeuleman

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    I was just saying that this is probably one of the trade proposals that will be posted on the Facebook page. I don't think this would happen

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    AT THE GUN RANGE BRUH, HES A MARKSMAN

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    He may be the best offensive rebounder in the league. He often doesn't get credit for his tap outs though.
    Lol well yea I'm not discounting his rebounding ability on either end. I don't think he was speaking on his offensive rebounding tho. That's not considered offense the way he used in his sentence IMO. To say he has offense means scoring by the way he said it. Something he clearly does not do besides tip ins, alley oops and dunks. I'd love to have him here just based on Davis learning from him for a year or 2. Tyson is a true professional and will give it his all. I like him a lot actually. I was just saying he has never had an offensive game. He is purely a defensive minded center. I've never heard offense and Tyson chandler mentioned in the same sentence before. Lol.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 02-17-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post

Asik takes more shots from a little further away from the basket (we're talking 3-6 ft, nothing crazy) and misses more of those farther shots than Chandler. I'm no coach but any difference in the spacing that they create/take away to me seems negligible.

If we're talking about who would be better on the team I think Asik is probably better due to him being younger and having less of an injury history. As far as acquiring them Chandler would probably only be had if you somehow convinced the Knicks to take Gordon, and Houston probably wouldn't take anything less than Anderson for Asik. As I've said in the past I wouldn't do the Anderson/Asik swap if it were me but I would move Gordon for just about anything in return and considering I think Chandler is actually an upgrade over Gordon on this team I'd do that one in a heartbeat. I just don't see why New York would want to take on Gordon's deal or let go of their anchor so talking about acquiring either is likely a moot point.

Thread Information