Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon to Bucks ?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I don't want Mayo he suck and he a new 4 year deal. Udoh/Neal/Butler for Gordon.
    Mayo has same years left as Gordon, but $7 million less a year. I think Gordon's better, but not $7 million a year better.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Trading Gordon will create a new hole at the 2. Not that I wouldn't trade him, but not unless I had a plan to fill the 2 and 3 spots with shooters. Evans is good, but I think he belongs in more of a 6th man role cause he can't shoot at all.

I'm also not so fond of hoarding cap space - who are they realistically gonna use it on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I think it would just give more playing time to not only Evans, but Morrow and Rivers. Plus, some people's trade ideas also involve getting Neal back.

As for the cap space... looking at the free agent list for this summer, it makes me think it's even less likely the Pelicans would be able to trade Gordon simply for expirings. Besides some of the big name guys, there are others such as Greg Monroe, who I don't see Detroit matching offers but likely signing and trading for some value (but not matching salaries) and Lance Stephenson, who I also don't see the Pacers re-signing. They're already committed to 65 million in salaries and that's with Granger coming off the books.

Here's the free agent list:

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I think it would just give more playing time to not only Evans, but Morrow and Rivers. Plus, some people's trade ideas also involve getting Neal back.

As for the cap space... looking at the free agent list for this summer, it makes me think it's even less likely the Pelicans would be able to trade Gordon simply for expirings. Besides some of the big name guys, there are others such as Greg Monroe, who I don't see Detroit matching offers but likely signing and trading for some value (but not matching salaries) and Lance Stephenson, who I also don't see the Pacers re-signing. They're already committed to 65 million in salaries and that's with Granger coming off the books.

Here's the free agent list:

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm
    Morrow is a bench guy. A good one, but not a 25 min./night guy. Rivers is a pg. Looks bad at the 2. Even with Neal, that's a weak backcourt.

Monroe will get near max and if the pelicans are the ones paying that bill they will have no money for wing players. Stephenson would be good. So would Deng, but these guys are going to have a lot of other options.

Gordon to Bucks IIlosova to Hou and Asik to pels who says no?

Trading Gordon is only going to bring a drop off at SG for the rest of the year, especially with injuries. Referring to Morrow & Rivers getting more playing time is just for this season. Morrow is likely to opt out and there's no telling with Rivers. He could be a much better player by next season.

Deng and Stephenson, among others, could have a lot of options. But maybe not. There's a lot of teams that don't have much money to spend. The ones that do will not likely target those guys first. If the Pelicans clear Gordon from the cap and bring only expirings back, they would have enough to offer those guys whatever they're offered elsewhere as I don't see either getting the max.

I also don't see Monroe getting the max. I'd be surprised if he gets more than 12m a year, which is what Pek got.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I am not sure this trade would work financially....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Gordon to Bucks ?

Throw in fillers like butler expiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-6

Pels get: Asik & Udoh
    Bucks get: Gordon & Stiemsma
    Rockets get: Ilyasova

Make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Morrow is a bench guy. A good one, but not a 25 min./night guy. Rivers is a pg. Looks bad at the 2. Even with Neal, that's a weak backcourt.

Monroe will get near max and if the pelicans are the ones paying that bill they will have no money for wing players. Stephenson would be good. So would Deng, but these guys are going to have a lot of other options.

Rivers is shooting at an extremely high % rate from spot-up 3. He definitely has a ways to go, but he can easily play either guard position. Besides, we have PLENTY of shooters on this team. Jrue can play off ball, Roberts is more of a short SG than a pure PG - he's actually best off ball, Morrow, if we bring up Pierre, even a Rivers fills that criteria while bringing an added element of ball handling / driving. Trading Gordon allows us to fill holes and barely creates any issue for us depth wise.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I love the idea of getting HOU involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kzussqm

Your trade, but I swapped Neal for Butler.

Houston gets the stretch 4 they want to pair with Howard. Milwaukee gets rid of Ilyasova's contract and gets Gordon. We get Asik and a bit of cap relief.
    I'm all for this trade. Fills our center need while still giving us cap for a SF. Houston might want something else for Asik. As MM pointed out they do have 3 2nd round picks this year. Maybe it's not what Houston wanted with a 1st but two 2nds might be enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Rivers is shooting at an extremely high % rate from spot-up 3.
    He has only made 16 3 pointers all year and 44 in his career. So, the population is way too small to make any conclusions with respect to 3 point abilities for him. I would not consider him a 3 point scorer.

True but the eye test is telling me that he is much improved from last year.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Throw in fillers like butler expiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So simple!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He has only made 16 3 pointers all year and 44 in his career. So, the population is way too small to make any conclusions with respect to 3 point abilities for him. I would not consider him a 3 point scorer.
    I would consider him capable, but he doesn't take enough of them. He's passed on at least half as many spot up 3s as he's taken.

If we trade Gordon to the Bucks, I want a package involving Middleton back. Not to phased too much about what we get with him, Butler or Mayo. (not sold on Illyasova with Ryno and Babbit here already, and whoever is suggesting he can play the 3 spot must have also forgotten that there is a side of basketball that involves stopping the other team from scoring). Would love Henson if they want to part with him.

Middleton would be nice piece, maybe he will never be a star but an upgrade at the 3 spot regardless. He fits into alot of our lineups with his shooting. Watching him come of down screens is very impressive. If he runs of baseline screens, he demands the respect of not only his defender but a post player. That action in itself could free to weakside up for a drive from a slasher like Reke or Austin.

He is not a great defender by any means, but he does at least attempt to play it and is not a terrible athlete. He is pretty crafty and good at getting to a pull up mid-range shot which is he money from. He is just a solid, smart basketballer who will make the right play and has a great jumper. He is more than capable of putting the ball on the floor on a closeout and I really feel he would be a great addition at the 3 spot.

Think a better shooting, more talented Darius Miller.
    Last edited by carpo; 02-13-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Hou gets Ilysova and Steamer
    Bucks get Gordon and D-mo
    Pels get Asik and Butler

I can't think of any reason these teams say no other than Hou not wanting Asik in the same divison and paired up with AD in the future could be a problem for them. All are pieces each team wants to move and fulfill a need for all every team wins in this trade and gets equal value.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    if something were to go down between the Pels and the Bucks, could someone please get me Khris Middleton....

and I'll take his sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That's because he's being used far more as a facilitator right now paired with other shooters. My point was he has shown great improvement in his shot this season and has done really well in spot up shooting. The sample size has just as much to do with limited minutes and role. If Gordon left I'm sure he'd be asked to spot up more and I think he is capable. But I already said this in my previous post.

The comment on Ersan fitting in here is silly, but I can't argue if you have reason to believe he's tanking it on purpose after getting paid. I've seen enough of that. But not fitting in? A SF who can shoot around a 1,2,4 that can take it to the hole? lol he's gotta fit considering we just went and got luke babbit. that said, its probably not the move we make, partially cause of babbit's buyout

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    The comment on Ersan fitting in here is silly, but I can't argue if you have reason to believe he's tanking it on purpose after getting paid. I've seen enough of that. But not fitting in? A SF who can shoot around a 1,2,4 that can take it to the hole? lol he's gotta fit considering we just went and got luke babbit. that said, its probably not the move we make, partially cause of babbit's buyout
    Where is this belief that he's a SF coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Where is this belief that he's a SF coming from?
    Excessive consumption would be my only guess. I'm sure he can play SF in the NBA, the same way I 'could' play SF in the NBA. It's not impossible but it sure as hell wouldn't be a good idea for whichever team entertains either option.

If we trade Gordon to the bucks. I'll be the first one on his twitter congratulating him on his BRIGHT future in MILWAUKEE.

i would love that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Question? If Gordon was an "Unhappy Camper" for lack of a better word at being traded to New Orleans why on earth would Milwaukee think he'd come skipping and whistling into their town?
    He would probably just retire - I know I would. Watching that game last night, I thought we were playing the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. What a sad place.

Thread Information