Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon to Bucks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The ESPN rumor makes mention of Gordon and Miller for Mayo and Neal. I'm sorry but if that's the pitch I tell them go take a walk. Send back two players at our deepest position to make us even thinner at SF? Combined with Mayo's awful contract, no thank you.
    agreed

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I'd take

Ilyasova
    Sanders
    Middleton
    Antetokounmpo
    Henson

Any of those would be good. Other than that, I wouldn't want to take on any more players from their roster. After all, the young guys need to develop.

I thought I remembered Ilyasova playing the 3 at some point. Maybe I was wrong.

Regardless, Ryno is out for a long time and he would provide rebounding and shooting. Perhaps we could send them Aminu as well?

The ESPN rumor makes mention of Gordon and Miller for Mayo and Neal. I'm sorry but if that's the pitch I tell them go take a walk. Send back two players at our deepest position to make us even thinner at SF? Combined with Mayo's awful contract, no thank you.
    Hate the idea of this trade.

Any shot we get Henson?
    Welcome to be here

Don't want to trade with Milwaukee
    Saints, Pelicans, Tigers, Braves, and PS3 (NinthWardJay is the PSN)

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Any shot we get Henson?
    no, unless we include a 1st rounder

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    I'd take

Ilyasova
    Sanders
    Middleton
    Antetokounmpo
    Henson

Any of those would be good. Other than that, I wouldn't want to take on any more players from their roster. After all, the young guys need to develop.

I thought I remembered Ilyasova playing the 3 at some point. Maybe I was wrong.

Regardless, Ryno is out for a long time and he would provide rebounding and shooting. Perhaps we could send them Aminu as well?
    The problem with Ilyasova is he's too redundant on this team for his contract. Injuries have hurt us this year but we have AD, Ryno, Smithy, Babbitt that can all play PF. We can't bring in another 8M/yr at the PF position when we have such a huge gaping hole at SF.

The problem with Ilyasova is he's too redundant on this team for his contract. Injuries have hurt us this year but we have AD, Ryno, Smithy, Babbitt that can all play PF. We can't bring in another 8M/yr at the PF position when we have such a huge gaping hole at SF.
    But if we acquired him to finish the season in Ryno's absence, we could flip him in the offseason when Ryno recovers. He would bring in a greater return than Gordon. Dell always thinks about his next move.

I'd take Neal but mayo can go kick rocks. I don't even think we could get a 3rd team involved to take Mayo he's garbage. He's due 8 mill over the next 2 seasons, so we would have a few mill to wiggle with, but that would give us 100 SGs.. as if we don't have enough of those already.

Please no Orange Juice Mayonnaise.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    But if we acquired him to finish the season in Ryno's absence, we could flip him in the offseason when Ryno recovers. He would bring in a greater return than Gordon. Dell always thinks about his next move.
    Why do we care about bringing in a 8M a year guy for a season that is all about playing core guys and getting minutes for people here next year? Then once the season is over we have find a team who wants him AND has a piece we want.

Or we don't take him and have the cap room to sign the player we want.

I can promise you Dell would value cap room far more than have ANOTHER player he has to try and flip.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Babbitt's contract from Russia was bought to fill in for Ryno's absence, let me change that, try to fill in Ryno's absence. We aren't going to trade for a longer deal on a higher salary just in hopes that we can move it in 3 months.

Does anyone think Denver does this? Milwaukee definitely says yes IMO.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kzohtze

We get: Gallo and Udoh (expiring)

Bucks get: Gordon

Denver gets: Mayo

That trade would actually save Denver some cap space.

There is no way I would want Ilyasova unless we were flipping him elsewhere (Houston supposedly wants him). He seems to have become complacent and lazy since getting the $8 million a year contract. I would prefer Anderson to him. If Dell could somehow pull something like this, it would be nice (if Benson were OK with paying the cash portion of Asik's contract next year):

Asik (Hou) and Neal (Mil) to NOLA
    Gordon to Milwaukee
    Ilyasova to Houston

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    There is no way I would want Ilyasova unless we were flipping him elsewhere (Houston supposedly wants him). He seems to have become complacent and lazy since getting the $8 million a year contract. I would prefer Anderson to him. If Dell could somehow pull something like this, it would be nice (if Benson were OK with paying the cash portion of Asik's contract next year):

Gordon to Milwaukee
    Ilyasova to Houston
    Agreed. Ilyasova on this team is just square peg round holing things again. No thanks. Dude is garrrrbage

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Agreed. Ilyasova on this team is just square peg round holing things again. No thanks. Dude is garrrrbage
    I wouldn't say he's garbage, he is having a down year but he has usually been pretty good. He just doesn't fit this team at all and would make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

Gordon to Milwaukee
    Ilyasova to Houston
    I love the idea of getting HOU involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kzussqm

Your trade, but I swapped Neal for Butler.

Houston gets the stretch 4 they want to pair with Howard. Milwaukee gets rid of Ilyasova's contract and gets Gordon. We get Asik and a bit of cap relief.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Does anyone think Denver does this? Milwaukee definitely says yes IMO.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kzohtze

We get: Gallo and Udoh (expiring)

Bucks get: Gordon

Denver gets: Mayo
    I like Gallo, but iirc hasn't his knees derailed his last two season? or am I thinking of someone else?

I think Houston wants more than ilyasova for Asik. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I don't think so. There is not much of a market for Asik and Houston desperately wants a legitimate stretch 4. They have been reportedly interested in finding a way to acquire him.

Earlier articles-

http://fansided.com/2014/02/05/nba-r...lyasova-trade/

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/3...n-ilyasova.htm

Trading Gordon will create a new hole at the 2. Not that I wouldn't trade him, but not unless I had a plan to fill the 2 and 3 spots with shooters. Evans is good, but I think he belongs in more of a 6th man role cause he can't shoot at all.

I'm also not so fond of hoarding cap space - who are they realistically gonna use it on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Steve Kyler from 2/5/14:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kyler
    There continues to be talk that a number of teams like the talent of Asik, but just can’t get their ownership on board with paying his massive balloon payment next season and give up a quality asset as part of the deal. It seems the combination of cost in salary and cost in talent is more than some teams will consider. When you start pulling teams off the board and the field gets smaller, it’s much harder to make a deal that improves the roster. One league source said the Rockets could move Asik tomorrow, but they wouldn’t get much for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kyler
    There has been talk all season that Houston has eyes for forward Ersan Ilyasova. His numbers on the season have been less than stellar and he is owed a ton of money. It’s unclear if the Bucks would take on one of Houston’s ugly “cash” contracts in order to get out from under Ilyasova but that’s the one to really watch.
    I'd be willing to throw in Pierre Jackson, Withey, or Morrow to sweeten the deal if need be.

I don't want Mayo he suck and he a new 4 year deal. Udoh/Neal/Butler for Gordon.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I struggle seeing us involved, but I do feel that Asik's days in Houston are very much numbered....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information