Thread: Gordon to Bucks ?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Would leave you about 10 mil for a SF and a team of:

Jrue/Roberts/Rivers/Jackson
    Neal/Evans
    Empty
    Ryno/Babbitt
    AD/Zaza/Ajinca/Withey

Not ideal, and it would suck to lose Smitty's leadership. But not terrible. Maybe you could move Pierre or Roberts and Withey for someone like Wilson Chandler in an uneven swap if Denver wants to free up space.

Not terrible, but I would just prefer expirings if possible
    Would we have to lose Smithy? If he signs a similar contract to the one he has now that would still leave us with 7.5M for a SF. Do you think Turner / Ariza would command more than that? Heck, we could also grab Hamilton for the under cap MLE I bet giving us a starter and backup.

If we do that trade I'd actually think it was robbery. It gives us a cheap SG with a decent shot that we can use as our pseudo starter or a backup depending. It gives us a Rolo kind of center on a Rolo kind of contract, and it gets Gordon off the books.

Plus we'd have some GREAT expirings next year. Right in the range to move with Pierre after he goes off for a better piece.

Edit: I didn't realize Zaza has 2 more years after this one. So we don't have that 5M expiring next year. Still think it's worth it.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-13-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Obviously expirings would be preferable. But pretend you're Dell at the deadline. If Mayo/Butler is the best deal available, do you take it, or hang on to Gordon?
    Hold onto Gordon. Mayo is just as badly overpaid as Gordon but his goes longer. Gordon will most likely walk even if we couldn't move him after next year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Eh... I think I could see something like this:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n47ohej
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TradeCapture.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	5501

Pelicans get Pachulia, Neal, and Butler. Give up Aminu and Gordon.
    Gives Monty the big Center he wants and another "Willie Green" type player that he loves, and saves the team about $6m next season.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-13-2014 at 11:24 AM.

What's the point of shedding salary if we get even more on board? I'd rather keep gordon, aminu will be a FA come this summer anyway

Bucks have their own 2nd rounder, as well as Toronto's and the Lakers for this draft. Small thing, but could be something Dell seeks out.

Butler, Neal, Milwaukee and LA's 2nd would be a deal I would be very happy with
    @mcnamara247

If we could get Khris Middleton it would be really nice cause if we trade EG we could miss some perimeter shooting !
    There's never enough sharpshooters on a team !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Question? If Gordon was an "Unhappy Camper" for lack of a better word at being traded to New Orleans why on earth would Milwaukee think he'd come skipping and whistling into their town?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Question? If Gordon was an "Unhappy Camper" for lack of a better word at being traded to New Orleans why on earth would Milwaukee think he'd come skipping and whistling into their town?
    Because it's Milwaukee.

Banned
    What's their alternative? No one WANTS to go to Milwaukee. They may see him as something they can try to build around; it doesn't take much in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    What's the point of shedding salary if we get even more on board? I'd rather keep gordon, aminu will be a FA come this summer anyway
    I'm all for taking back Salary if it's for role players that can help this team and still leaves us enough cap to handle the SF situation. Taking back Zaza and Neal is fine because we are getting back a center that is big enough to not get pushed around (he can play the Perkins role for us) on a Rolo sized contract. While Neal gives us a SG on a cheap contract to give us depth after moving Gordon and he's expiring next year. Both are fine pieces for us.

This still gives us roughly 10-12M to play with in the off season. More than enough to get a solid SF and we could even sign two (Ariza & Hamilton please). And it also takes care of the center position for us.

As I've said in several other threads, there is no doubt that the Bucks have TWO SF's and TWO, maybe three C's that would start for us.

In fact, Ersan Ilyasova is as close to Ryan Andersen that we could possibly get at a position that isn't PF. He was a blossoming stud the last two seasons until this disappointing one. But there is no doubt that he would start for us; while the Bucks would probably rather keep Kris Middleton and his rookie scale salary.
    The same can be said for Larry Sanders; the Bucks would probably rather the salary scaled salary of john Henson as opposed to larry sanders; albeit, sanders contract is a great one to have actually. It's a really fair deal.

delfino
    udoh
    ilyasova

for

Gordon
    rivers

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    As I've said in several other threads, there is no doubt that the Bucks have TWO SF's and TWO, maybe three C's that would start for us.

In fact, Ersan Ilyasova is as close to Ryan Andersen that we could possibly get at a position that isn't PF. He was a blossoming stud the last two seasons until this disappointing one. But there is no doubt that he would start for us; while the Bucks would probably rather keep Kris Middleton and his rookie scale salary.
    The same can be said for Larry Sanders; the Bucks would probably rather the salary scaled salary of john Henson as opposed to larry sanders; albeit, sanders contract is a great one to have actually. It's a really fair deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Bucks have their own 2nd rounder, as well as Toronto's and the Lakers for this draft. Small thing, but could be something Dell seeks out.

Butler, Neal, Milwaukee and LA's 2nd would be a deal I would be very happy with
    Every day all day.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    The breweries are in Milwaukee. I think he'll develop a drinking problem as a coping mechanism.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Ilyasova is a good rebounder/shooter and can play the 3.

Thinking of he @ the 3 and Anderson @ the 4 spacing the floor is incredible.

I think we should pull in a 3rd team. Either of these would be huge wins for us, IMO.

If Milwaukee isn't looking to get rid of Ilyasova: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kzohtze

We get: Gallo and Udoh (expiring)

Bucks get: Gordon

Denver gets: Mayo

If Milwaukee is looking to get rid of him: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=medgf6m

We get: Gallo and Ilyasova

Bucks get: Gordon

Denver gets: Mayo

Denver needs a SG, and they need to get rid of one of their SFs. Chandler is healthy and playing well enough for them, and Gallo has been injured (his value is at an all time low). Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 02-13-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

He can't play the 3. He's literally only played 2% of his total minutes ever in the NBA at SF. Heck he's played over 3x's more minutes at Center than SF.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If the trade doesn't include Middleton and Sanders, no sense really negotiating. Get some solid youth to fill some positional needs? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He can't play the 3. He's literally only played 2% of his total minutes ever in the NBA at SF. Heck he's played over 3x's more minutes at Center than SF.
    Asgreed. He's a post guy who can stretch the floor, like Ryno.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

think about the defense with that combo on the floor

what the hell do we want ersan for???

i'd love caron butler and kris middleton for gordon

we get an expiring, and we get a SF who can shoot the lights out the gym and practically on a free contract.

The ESPN rumor makes mention of Gordon and Miller for Mayo and Neal. I'm sorry but if that's the pitch I tell them go take a walk. Send back two players at our deepest position to make us even thinner at SF? Combined with Mayo's awful contract, no thank you.

Thread Information