Pelicans Report

Thread: SI.com: Latest Trade Deadline chatter

NBA SI.com: Latest Trade Deadline chatter

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/13/nba-tra...wry/?eref=sihp

For what its worth:

Number of items in this story, by a who's who of NBA reporters: 17

Number of times the word "Pelicans" is mentioned: None.

Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    Number of times the word "Pelicans" is mentioned: None.
    Demps always keeps his cards close to his chest so I wouldn't worry, he might be working on a trade and no body know.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I can't remember the trade but there was a move Demps made that completely came out of left field. There wasn't 1 word of it mentioned anywhere before it happened.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah, we can be discreet if need be. It's hard in this day and age, but possible.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I can't remember the trade but there was a move Demps made that completely came out of left field. There wasn't 1 word of it mentioned anywhere before it happened.
    it might not be the one you are talking about, but I was pleasantly caught off guard after we picked Noel....I knew that I didn't want him and I hoped something was up, but I had no idea it was Holiday....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    it might not be the one you are talking about, but I was pleasantly caught off guard after we picked Noel....I knew that I didn't want him and I hoped something was up, but I had no idea it was Holiday....
    That isn't the one I'm trying to think of but that is a good example.

If there was any kind of movement brewing on the Eric Gordon front, I think that would register among the talking heads beyond the "what if" stories we have been getting and people here have been misinterpretung as rumors. I would interpret the non-mention of the Pels in this story as there being little momebum in any kind of Gordon deal. Sure, they are dangling him but I doubt anyone is biting.

Draft day trades usually go more unnoticed than deadline deals.

If you don't want something to happen, any evidence you find is going to point it it not happening and vica versa.......

We have nothing to offer, so its highly unlikely any significant pieces are moving.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This "latest buzz" look like selective rumors that we've already heard from the last week. Some of this stuff is really stale news. And the Milwaukee reporter tweeting that Bucks are looking at Gordon has been picked up by a lot of sources, so I'd take that as a "live rumor" with a lot more "buzz" than some of this old news.

I, under numerous different aliases, have been all aboard the Eric Gordon for Cap Space bandwagon, but I don't see any urgency to move him at the deadline if the deal isn't right. Let everyone hold on to there cap space for this summer, and when they miss out on the big name targets, they'll come sniffing around Gordon and offer more than what we might be able to get now.

Thread Information